OT : KTM Bike Industries ?

Anonymous (not verified)
Edited Date/Time 1/22/2014 12:59pm
KTM Bike Industries

Anybody have any background on them? I do not think I have seen them before...Dungey rides what? a Trek?

http://www.ktm-bikes.at/

|

The Shop

peelout
1/22/2014 10:42am
nice looking mountain bike. not sure i would be buying one any time soon as right now i'm on a new Stumpy 29" and already have my next bike in mind.
IWreckALot
1/22/2014 10:44am
peelout wrote:
nice looking mountain bike. not sure i would be buying one any time soon as right now i'm on a new Stumpy 29" and already have...
nice looking mountain bike. not sure i would be buying one any time soon as right now i'm on a new Stumpy 29" and already have my next bike in mind.
What's next?
peelout
1/22/2014 10:51am
peelout wrote:
nice looking mountain bike. not sure i would be buying one any time soon as right now i'm on a new Stumpy 29" and already have...
IWreckALot wrote:
What's next?
my current 29er for training, but one of these for the real fun Smile

though it'll be a few years till i can pop that much for a mtn-bike...

1/22/2014 10:53am Edited Date/Time 1/22/2014 10:55am
KTM actually made bicycles before they ever made motorcycles.. Now they're being imported via Imperium Bicycles which is part of WMR.

I haven't had the chance to ride a newer one but I rode one about 8 or so years ago that someone let me try. Definitely a nice bike.
zippy895
1/22/2014 10:58am
peelout wrote:
IWreckALot wrote:
What's next?
peelout wrote:
my current 29er for training, but one of these for the real fun :) though it'll be a few years till i can pop that much...

sweet
zippy895
1/22/2014 11:01am
I just picked up 2014 epic sworks.non worldcup version. actually got it down in the 21 # range .thar santacruz looks like 30 -32#? which is lite for its intended use.
IWreckALot
1/22/2014 11:13am
peelout wrote:
IWreckALot wrote:
What's next?
peelout wrote:
my current 29er for training, but one of these for the real fun :) though it'll be a few years till i can pop that much...

You wanting to go more downhill going that route? That thing looks somewhat heavy. I've always been partial to cannondale. Realistically this will be my next bike even though I'd like the carbon fully suspended bike. One thing is for sure, I'm a 29er for life.

peelout
1/22/2014 11:20am Edited Date/Time 1/22/2014 11:22am
IWreckALot wrote:
You wanting to go more downhill going that route? That thing looks somewhat heavy. I've always been partial to cannondale. Realistically this will be my next...
You wanting to go more downhill going that route? That thing looks somewhat heavy. I've always been partial to cannondale. Realistically this will be my next bike even though I'd like the carbon fully suspended bike. One thing is for sure, I'm a 29er for life.

I'm a 29er for life

yep same here. i'm 6'2 and feel right at home on my 29er with the large frame. i rode my friend's Stumpy 26 with the large frame and it still didn't feel comfortable for me (though i just hopped off my 29 onto his 26)

i should have re-worded my post, i'm keeping my Stumpy 29er for a long long time, i'll never get rid of it. i would like to have a full downhill bike too though.

ps... sorry for derailing the original topic
Bigfoot
1/22/2014 11:24am

Austrian Gerhard Gulewicz has been riding KTM road bikes in the Race Across America for the past six or seven years.
zippy895
1/22/2014 11:41am
Bigfoot wrote:
[img]http://stwww.pavedmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/GerhardAnzaBHandOff.jpg[/img] Austrian Gerhard Gulewicz has been riding KTM road bikes in the Race Across America for the past six or seven years.

Austrian Gerhard Gulewicz has been riding KTM road bikes in the Race Across America for the past six or seven years.
wow,look at all that tape on his knees,in that event.
dl117
Fantasy
2587th
1/22/2014 11:45am
I saw them down at USA BMX Grands over thanksgiving.......they are pretty sweet, but I am not in the market to spend that kind of dough on a bike.
Bigfoot
1/22/2014 12:21pm
Bigfoot wrote:
[img]http://stwww.pavedmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/GerhardAnzaBHandOff.jpg[/img] Austrian Gerhard Gulewicz has been riding KTM road bikes in the Race Across America for the past six or seven years.

zippy895 wrote:
wow,look at all that tape on his knees,in that event.
That's Kinesio tape. In this case it was for overuse injury prevention. It can also be used for added support of muscles, tendons etc. I'm sure that many MX stars use it too.

More info here: http://www.kinesiotaping.com/

Post a reply to: OT : KTM Bike Industries ?

The Latest