JT Racing.....

steve_97060
1/1/2011 3:41pm
I don't know what your idea of marketing Einsteins is, but hyping a release date for a year, then going online with a y2k level website and still no gear is a failure no matter how you want to spin it..

They have lost any excitement they may have generated with all that useless hype. They had over a year to get the site set up, and could have had at least T shirts and hats for sale even if the gear wasn't quite ready, or the ability to pre order to keep people interested. Marketing Einsteins? no, marketing morons, yes...
Brtp4
1/1/2011 4:27pm
The samples and PR are great. Getting it made, imported, warehoused, invoiced, and shipped is a little more difficult.

But it'll be fun to watch.

BP
Mike D
1/1/2011 5:02pm
No Shit, I was sitting on the couch about 8:52 working out my forearm when I remembered the JT coutdown clock. Made sure I had my wallet sat down in front of the computer to buy a hat or t-shirt or somthing, and nothing. So yeah Im here to bitch and let them know the dropped the ball. JT you dropped the ball.

The Shop

jt og
1/1/2011 5:15pm
Brtp4 wrote:
The samples and PR are great. Getting it made, imported, warehoused, invoiced, and shipped is a little more difficult.

But it'll be fun to watch.

BP
I don't think the PR is great...they are riding on John & Rita's coattails....doing a lousy job at delivering what they are boasting about. This stuff would be flying out of the warehouse doors if John & Rita were at the helm. We would be working on back orders...while designing next years stuff......of course the quality and design would be impeccable. The website would be like the catalogs were....cutting edge.....just because it says JT doesn't make it JT....it was more than a logo......
stillwelding
1/1/2011 5:28pm
Karma wrote:
I thought helmets were supposed to be round to disperse the impact? A flat-top helmet=FAIL. O_o
I remember when the BSI rating wasn't given to the original ALS-1 because of the goggle groove around the helmet. They were afraid it would catch when sliding across the ground and break your neck. I'll stick with Arai, just like Hepler (after his head injury) and Kyle Regal. But buy what you want. I see a lot of guys ridin Harleys with shitty fiberglass Nazi helmets too.
in2mx
1/1/2011 5:33pm
idk who would buy that stuff its soo ugly!!
kx1984
1/1/2011 5:42pm
HuskyEd wrote:
The web site is up and running.

http://www.jtracingusa.com/index2.htm
I'm going with the idea that they have no idea what they are doing. Why would you turn a hot release into a luke warm release?
Now the stuff has to be twice a good as it coulda been because they pissed off half their market right out the gate.
This one cost them money. Someone should be fired.
jt og
1/1/2011 6:47pm
I agree...except for the firing part...in this economy I wish no one harm.
1/1/2011 6:49pm Edited Date/Time 1/1/2011 6:49pm
HuskyEd wrote:
The web site is up and running.

http://www.jtracingusa.com/index2.htm
kx1984 wrote:
I'm going with the idea that they have no idea what they are doing. Why would you turn a hot release into a luke warm release...
I'm going with the idea that they have no idea what they are doing. Why would you turn a hot release into a luke warm release?
Now the stuff has to be twice a good as it coulda been because they pissed off half their market right out the gate.
This one cost them money. Someone should be fired.
Well, it's all speculation at this point. You guys bought into the "Hype" so much that you would think a rocket to Mars was going to be launched from that countdown. When did anyone from JT say the entire product line would be up and running on the web site Jan 1?

You guys are starting to believe your own hype. LOL

If JT doesn't follow up the little bit they revealed this weekend with something of more substance next week, then yeah, I would agree that it is a marketing blunder, but the last I checked, next week hasn't arrived quite yet.

As far as all the naysayers predicting JT's failure goes. with the clairvoyance talent you all seem to have, I would recommend that you go out and buy a lottery ticket and put your ability to see the future to good use.

Let me know how that goes for you...
1/1/2011 6:50pm
".....just because it says JT doesn't make it JT....it was more than a logo...... "

Good point.
steve_97060
1/1/2011 7:10pm
".....just because it says JT doesn't make it JT....it was more than a logo...... "

Good point.
True, but at least we are talking about them, so they got that working for em...

Unless of course they don't release something more by next week, then it might be a fail...

Hey, maybe they can start a new clock, for actual gear?
jt og
1/1/2011 7:50pm

Good point.
True, but at least we are talking about them, so they got that working for em... Unless of course they don't release something more by next...
True, but at least we are talking about them, so they got that working for em...

Unless of course they don't release something more by next week, then it might be a fail...

Hey, maybe they can start a new clock, for actual gear?
Seriously.......do you have a year to invest?
bullpen58
1/1/2011 8:03pm
Billy Jack wrote:
Some of you guys will cry and whine over anything. JT is back and STILL you cry and whine and complain.
How is it crying and whining when you want to open up your wallet?

F,it I have plenty of Fly n Fox gear
I am thinking of getting some too . . . or was anyways. lol. Guess I'll stick with Fox.
Billy Jack
1/1/2011 8:32pm Edited Date/Time 1/1/2011 8:33pm
Billy Jack wrote:
Some of you guys will cry and whine over anything. JT is back and STILL you cry and whine and complain.

Read the damn site. Gear will not be available until spring. So you guys all had certain expectations and because those weren't met, you all cry and whine and complain. No one ever said that the gear would be ready today, that was an expectation on your part. Biggest bunch of whiners I have ever seen.
Sparkalounger
1/1/2011 9:18pm
i never have claimed to be the smartest person... but i can't find where it says it will be available in the spring.
centralcalmx
Fantasy
84th
1/1/2011 9:24pm
Billy Jack wrote:

Billy Jack wrote:
Read the damn site. Gear will not be available until spring. So you guys all had certain expectations and because those weren't met, you all cry...
Read the damn site. Gear will not be available until spring. So you guys all had certain expectations and because those weren't met, you all cry and whine and complain. No one ever said that the gear would be ready today, that was an expectation on your part. Biggest bunch of whiners I have ever seen.
Hey Mr tell me what to expect.
I will already be well into my race season by then.(some time in Spring)
Yes as the consumer I do have expectations MY Expectations.(dont care about yours)
They have not been met. So in True good old capitalism fasion I will let my dollars support another mx company that can fill my immediate needs.

I am not the one that went around and got old heros to show off my new goods and unveil at an event I know would be well covered. So yea the normal moto guy or gal would expect to see the product and buy it at the launch or the website.

kx1984
1/1/2011 9:27pm
Billy Jack wrote:

Billy Jack wrote:
Read the damn site. Gear will not be available until spring. So you guys all had certain expectations and because those weren't met, you all cry...
So the concept behind that year long count down was a half assed web site?
Billy Jack
1/1/2011 10:26pm Edited Date/Time 1/1/2011 10:26pm

Billy Jack wrote:
Hey Mr tell me what to expect. I will already be well into my race season by then.(some time in Spring) Yes as the consumer I...
Hey Mr tell me what to expect.
I will already be well into my race season by then.(some time in Spring)
Yes as the consumer I do have expectations MY Expectations.(dont care about yours)
They have not been met. So in True good old capitalism fasion I will let my dollars support another mx company that can fill my immediate needs.

I am not the one that went around and got old heros to show off my new goods and unveil at an event I know would be well covered. So yea the normal moto guy or gal would expect to see the product and buy it at the launch or the website.

So YOU had expectations that YOU set up and assumed, and when THOSE expectations were not met, YOU get upset. That makes you either an asshole or a female.
Billy Jack
1/1/2011 10:30pm

Billy Jack wrote:
kx1984 wrote:
It's not a half-ass website -- the site is fine. It's your little, fragile, girly feelings that got hurt. Boo hoo.
psychcle
1/2/2011 1:06am
Billy Jack wrote:
kx1984 wrote:
Billy Jack wrote:
It's not a half-ass website -- the site is fine. It's your little, fragile, girly feelings that got hurt. Boo hoo.
Should be more like Jack Ass imo... we get it... you don't know what brand loyalty is... but like many have said... it's their loss also... oh and advice to any other company online that wants my 1200.00 bucks... don't do what they did... ;-)
Rim Lock
1/2/2011 1:22am
Rim Lock wrote:
JT comes back from the embers due to our screaming for old world gear. They deliver it and all of the sudden you guys don't like...
JT comes back from the embers due to our screaming for old world gear.
They deliver it and all of the sudden you guys don't like it.

You guys should be ashamed and appreciate their efforts even if you aren't buying their gear.

Kids these days....
kx1984 wrote:
People would probably really like it if they could fucking see it. We're talking about the web site. Is it still dark in Alaska?
Well actually it is dark here.
Solstice was 12/21/2010.

The gear just launched.
Give them a chance before you throw them under the bus.

You are kind of an Ass-Hat kind of guy aren't you?
7GP
1/2/2011 1:26am Edited Date/Time 1/2/2011 1:28am
I think that website is a great intro site. There isn't a ton of content, but it's a good start and the layout & navigation are easy on the eyes and brain. I think any website would be a let down if you were following a 1 year countdown. IMO The only thing that ever seems to live up to the hype is A1...

I guess I'm not old enough to appreciate the gear design... Sick
1/2/2011 5:48am
the second guy from the left is Donnie Hansen and if you ever got in his way on a racetrack, you'd recognize that look.

maybe i can help a little here.
i worked on the website. i got involved in this project AFTER the countdown clock. my first suggestion two months ago was to take that clock out in the woods and shoot it.
i saw the clock to mean the same thing many of you guys did: as the countdown ended, the store would blow open and JT gear would start falling from the sky.

found out that wasn't their intent at all.
the idea of the launch was to announce the rebirth of JT Racing, show the gear that's in development, and let people follow along and get involved in the "new history" as it evolves. Like the first page says, "Making history. Again. This time YOU can be a part of it."
they want people to see it from the beginning and be involved in what is going on, from as early as possible, which meant being able to show what the gear is going to look like. step 1 of the launch was to sponsor the AMA Hall of Fame event, followed by website launch and other events that included a targeted date for gear in dealerships that was (still is) this spring.

instead of the clock being there, it probably should have said something like:
"come here on january 1st, and we'll show you what we've done so far, and tell you about all the motocross legends that are involved in product development, and keep you updated on events like their upcoming ride/evaluation meetings (pants/gloves/jerseys) before we start getting gear into dealerships."

that's basically what the message is and what the site launch was meant to explain. if you want to see what happens when guys like LaPorte, Glover, Sun, Hansen, Lechien (insert some famous French guys here) get re-involved in helping to create riding gear, then come to the site and follow the progress. maybe even sign up for the newsletter (over 600 people did in the first 12 hours after launch).
or just wait until the gear starts becoming available. if you can't or don't want to wait....buy something else.

you don't often see a company open the doors and let you see what they're planning and who's working on it. that kind of info is usually super/secret. every competing gear company out there is probably thrilled to see the JT gear before it's released, but they're probably not happy to see the riders that are involved to make sure it meets the JT standard.

as far as countdown clocks go, if you ask me, the only countdown clock ever used should be the one for new year's eve.
oh...wait. never mind.
the new year's eve countdown clock comes with high, often un-met expectations too!

~brad
Shenzi
Fantasy
1276th
1/2/2011 7:51am
I get that people are all excited about seeing the JT logo on new gear, but knowing that the people behind it are the same licensing...
I get that people are all excited about seeing the JT logo on new gear, but knowing that the people behind it are the same licensing french fashion dorks responsible for the von dutch and ed hardy disgrace, just takes the wind out of the "comeback" for me.

The thing that made JT so cool was their style and progression. The ALS-2. Their chest protector. So many awesome things! They just oozed style. These new guys don't posses that and it still baffles me people are so stoked on seeing a re-hashed logo on a set of gear. The original soul of JT is lacking imo.
TMV wrote:
X2
as a fan, x2.
1/2/2011 8:11am Edited Date/Time 1/2/2011 8:58am
the second guy from the left is Donnie Hansen and if you ever got in his way on a racetrack, you'd recognize that look. maybe i...
the second guy from the left is Donnie Hansen and if you ever got in his way on a racetrack, you'd recognize that look.

maybe i can help a little here.
i worked on the website. i got involved in this project AFTER the countdown clock. my first suggestion two months ago was to take that clock out in the woods and shoot it.
i saw the clock to mean the same thing many of you guys did: as the countdown ended, the store would blow open and JT gear would start falling from the sky.

found out that wasn't their intent at all.
the idea of the launch was to announce the rebirth of JT Racing, show the gear that's in development, and let people follow along and get involved in the "new history" as it evolves. Like the first page says, "Making history. Again. This time YOU can be a part of it."
they want people to see it from the beginning and be involved in what is going on, from as early as possible, which meant being able to show what the gear is going to look like. step 1 of the launch was to sponsor the AMA Hall of Fame event, followed by website launch and other events that included a targeted date for gear in dealerships that was (still is) this spring.

instead of the clock being there, it probably should have said something like:
"come here on january 1st, and we'll show you what we've done so far, and tell you about all the motocross legends that are involved in product development, and keep you updated on events like their upcoming ride/evaluation meetings (pants/gloves/jerseys) before we start getting gear into dealerships."

that's basically what the message is and what the site launch was meant to explain. if you want to see what happens when guys like LaPorte, Glover, Sun, Hansen, Lechien (insert some famous French guys here) get re-involved in helping to create riding gear, then come to the site and follow the progress. maybe even sign up for the newsletter (over 600 people did in the first 12 hours after launch).
or just wait until the gear starts becoming available. if you can't or don't want to wait....buy something else.

you don't often see a company open the doors and let you see what they're planning and who's working on it. that kind of info is usually super/secret. every competing gear company out there is probably thrilled to see the JT gear before it's released, but they're probably not happy to see the riders that are involved to make sure it meets the JT standard.

as far as countdown clocks go, if you ask me, the only countdown clock ever used should be the one for new year's eve.
oh...wait. never mind.
the new year's eve countdown clock comes with high, often un-met expectations too!

~brad
Brad,

Thanks for the info. Hopefully some common sense will prevail here. The last two pages was like listening to a bunch of teenage girls who thought Justin Bieber was going to show up at their local mall Sunday at 3, they all got there early and then some one told them it was next Sunday LoL

Not sure how you can claim to have "Brand loyalty" when at the first moment of things not going the way "you" want them to go you turn on your brand...

Anyway, hope JT keeps us informed through the web site, everything continues as planned and that they can offer up some hard dates for release to calm the Indians.

Clearly, most of the whiners missed this:
http://www.jtracingusa.com/champions.htm
MCR
1/2/2011 11:33am
who is gonna ride the jt gear next year?(up front riders)
Billy Jack
1/2/2011 11:55am Edited Date/Time 1/2/2011 12:05pm
kx1984 wrote:
Billy Jack wrote:
psychcle wrote:
Should be more like Jack Ass imo... we get it... you don't know what brand loyalty is... but like many have said... it's their loss also...
Should be more like Jack Ass imo... we get it... you don't know what brand loyalty is... but like many have said... it's their loss also... oh and advice to any other company online that wants my 1200.00 bucks... don't do what they did... ;-)
You don't know what brand loyalty is. A web site doesn't meet your expectations and you take your $1200.00 elsewhere...boy, that's loyalty if I ever saw it. - Let me guess, when your favorite riders loses, you switch favorite riders. You're gay cheese just like Blake would say.

Post a reply to: JT Racing.....

The Latest