J-Mart: Two broken ribs

Berm
Fantasy
136th
"After the race we tried to confirm rumors of broken ribs, but there wasn't enough information to back up the rumors, although we were able to confirm a rib injury of some sort.

We were able to uncover more early this week though, and it turns out Martin did indeed suffer a pair of broken ribs in the crash.

As far as when he'll return to racing, he still isn't sure. Martin's people are using the current break to evaluate his condition, safety, and comfort level. He may miss the rest of the season, and he may not miss any races. It's too early to tell at this time." - AARON HANSEL

http://racerxonline.com/2016/07/26/two-broken-ribs-for-jeremy-martin

edit:I was surprised there wasn't a post about this. Turns out it was in the J-Mart pitting out of EZ-up thread I gave up reading.
|
Wandell
7/27/2016 8:07am Edited Date/Time 7/27/2016 8:08am
Freaking shame that J-Mart was injured because of Webb's bonehead move.
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2362nd
7/27/2016 8:48am
at this point....id look to next year. even with time off to recover, broken ribs will linger for a few months plus he has a contract for next year and Coop has a sizable points gap.

ultimately it hinges on how he feels and weather he wants to gamble on Coop having bad luck the last few rounds
Titan1
7/27/2016 8:52am Edited Date/Time 7/27/2016 10:50am
Ribs are brutal and slow healing (especially if they are broken)...and if the rumors of him and the team not getting along are true....and given how far behind Webb he is in the points...I'm betting we won't see him the rest of the year.

The Shop

jeffro503
7/27/2016 8:52am
Damn. Being at odd's with your team , pitting under your own EZ up , having a rough season and now a couple broken ribs. Jeremy is having a rough season for sure. Definitely had his will tested this year. Get well soon Jeremy and hope to see you on the gate a few more times this year.
peelout
7/27/2016 9:09am
Wandell wrote:
Freaking shame that J-Mart was injured because of Webb's bonehead move.
i'll concur with this. wrong place wrong time kinda shit though.
dadofagun
Fantasy
1926th
7/27/2016 9:14am
jeffro503 wrote:
Damn. Being at odd's with your team , pitting under your own EZ up , having a rough season and now a couple broken ribs. Jeremy...
Damn. Being at odd's with your team , pitting under your own EZ up , having a rough season and now a couple broken ribs. Jeremy is having a rough season for sure. Definitely had his will tested this year. Get well soon Jeremy and hope to see you on the gate a few more times this year.
I couldn't agree more.... His year has been a bitch. He and his entire family are top notch people, and he will come back stronger.... Heal up soon buddy!
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
7/27/2016 10:32am
Let's face it... it was very unlikely he was going to three-peat at this point in the series with the points lead Cooper has. If I were he, I'd chill out and heal up until the MEC, then come out swinging on the new ride. That or maybe come back at the last round and help brother Alex earn some points if necessary.
bsharkey
7/27/2016 12:11pm
that's crazy. that's the slowest part of the track. if you watch the replay it was like watching a traffic jamb. he must have fallen awkward
or something
race
7/27/2016 12:13pm
And that is exactly why I still wear a chest protector ( including the back panel ). there's no guarantee ... but I would bet the back panel would have spread out the impact force from the footpeg enough to make this a lessor injury, maybe just a bruise.

MB109
7/27/2016 12:14pm
bsharkey wrote:
that's crazy. that's the slowest part of the track. if you watch the replay it was like watching a traffic jamb. he must have fallen awkward...
that's crazy. that's the slowest part of the track. if you watch the replay it was like watching a traffic jamb. he must have fallen awkward
or something
I think AC's fork lug got him pretty good (according to Twitter).
7/27/2016 12:19pm
Cooper needs a talking too! The kids a hothead on the track and his childish tactics took out a team mate. I'd be pist if I was a team owner! Whether he wins a championship or not!
EEE299
7/27/2016 12:26pm
Cooper needs a talking too! The kids a hothead on the track and his childish tactics took out a team mate. I'd be pist if I...
Cooper needs a talking too! The kids a hothead on the track and his childish tactics took out a team mate. I'd be pist if I was a team owner! Whether he wins a championship or not!
Oh I bet you'd be soooo "pist" LaughingLaughingLaughing
JM485
7/27/2016 12:31pm
rostocker wrote:
Get a back protector and save 3 weeks...
I thought he wore an under jersey protector, I could be wrong though. Bottom line is a plastic chest protector is better than anything soft, depending on where he got hit it might have been a huge help.
7/27/2016 12:33pm
Cooper needs a talking too! The kids a hothead on the track and his childish tactics took out a team mate. I'd be pist if I...
EEE299 wrote:
One less top 3 championship bonus to pay out
51xc
7/27/2016 1:14pm
I don't think we will see him race again this season.
peelout
7/27/2016 1:31pm
EEE299 wrote:
so pist, he'd have rekt him bro
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
7/27/2016 2:09pm
EEE299 wrote:
peelout wrote:
Ida taken him behind the team rig and droped him

bh84
Fantasy
1761st
7/27/2016 2:15pm
EEE299 wrote:
peelout wrote:
GrapeApe wrote:

tooken*
peelout
7/27/2016 2:37pm
EEE299 wrote:
peelout wrote:
GrapeApe wrote:

ever been to Reno, bro?
endo
7/27/2016 2:47pm
GrapeApe wrote:

bh84 wrote:
tooken*
kkawboy14 wrote:
tooked
taked'd
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
7/27/2016 3:18pm
bsharkey wrote:
that's crazy. that's the slowest part of the track. if you watch the replay it was like watching a traffic jamb. he must have fallen awkward...
or something
I talked to Adam Cianciarulo today, and he said Jeremy was falling towards him as he went by, and he tagged him with his front wheel. Yeah, he feels bad about it.
brimx153
7/27/2016 3:40pm
bsharkey wrote:
or something
GuyB wrote:
I talked to Adam Cianciarulo today, and he said Jeremy was falling towards him as he went by, and he tagged him with his front wheel...
I talked to Adam Cianciarulo today, and he said Jeremy was falling towards him as he went by, and he tagged him with his front wheel. Yeah, he feels bad about it.
Adam has nothing to feel bad about . WEBB on the other hand ,is a different story .
Madc32
7/27/2016 4:52pm
I think Jeremy will be at the next race ready to go. I watched the collision from pretty close.I was about 30 yards away looking down. I saw Jeremy sit up after the field passed and I could tell he was in pain. He stood up and grabbed his side before slowly taking off. After about half a lap at less than top speed he opened it up and started charging. The kid is tough. If memory serves, he raced the mxon on a broken foot a couple of years back as well. I think he'll tough out the rest of the season.

Post a reply to: J-Mart: Two broken ribs

The Latest