How do u get your arthritis relief?

Drtbykr
Edited Date/Time 9/24/2018 5:55pm
Shoulders are arthritic from a high side and a hockey injury.

Feet and hands ,arthritis is coming naturally.

Aleve today after riding yesterday. Still try to push the off-road stuff at 55.

If u have arthritis, how do you address it? Foods? Medication? Other?
|
hillbilly
7/19/2015 5:50am
Corn squeezin's keep me pretty limber ,lots of protein and carbs in it to,hell,it will run a car.
7/19/2015 5:58am
Bushmills for me. But seriously, there was a product called "Active on" that was great, only trouble is it doesn't seem to be on the market anymore and I have not found anything that works as well. Probably swallowed up by the prescription drug companies.
reded
7/19/2015 6:02am
I'm only 42 and wake up every morning with my shoulders and knuckles on fire. After a couple of hours it burns off and doesn't affect me for the rest of the day unless I have to work on something overhead or open a jar with a super tight lid.
So far I haven't really looked into controlling it but I'm sure the day is coming cause it's not getting any better.
Hut
7/19/2015 6:33am
I been taking Turmeric lately and I think it helps some.

The Shop

Joko
Fantasy
190th
7/19/2015 6:37am
Advil, 4 in morning, 4 at night
7/19/2015 6:37am
im 38, and broke my right ankle 3x and have really bad arthtis in it and have found nothing to help, hopefully someone comes up with something good on here
yzrider53
7/19/2015 7:04am
Bushmills for me. But seriously, there was a product called "Active on" that was great, only trouble is it doesn't seem to be on the market...
Bushmills for me. But seriously, there was a product called "Active on" that was great, only trouble is it doesn't seem to be on the market anymore and I have not found anything that works as well. Probably swallowed up by the prescription drug companies.
Is this the stuff you're talking about. If so, does it really work?

http://www.drugstore.com/activon-topical-analgesic-ultra-strength-arthr…
kkawboy14
7/19/2015 7:17am
My son in law cut out all processed sugars........ No more pain!
7/19/2015 7:26am
Bushmills for me. But seriously, there was a product called "Active on" that was great, only trouble is it doesn't seem to be on the market...
yzrider53 wrote:

Yup that's it! Extra strength worked great. I dislocated my elbow severely about 20 years ago and have arthritis now. Being a carpenter/roofer is REALLY hard on it, goes numb in the middle of the night and aches in the morning. Goes numb while riding too all the way down to my hand. I compared the ingredients of different brands and Activon was strongest. Easy to apply rub stick is convenient too. I used to buy it at CVS or Wallgreens but they don't seem to carry it any more. But trust me the stuff works great.
hillbilly
7/19/2015 7:38am
I take ibuprofen,like 8 200mg at once. Dont want to list all the joints in my body that are fubar but it is many many.

When i wake up it is pure dread just to walk a few feet to piss. It I lived alone I'd piss in a bucket by the bed.

The only real relief I ever got was from opiates but control is so easily lost.
Bigfoot
7/19/2015 7:51am

Works wonders! It's by prescription in the US and expensive--$50+ for a 30g tube. It's over the counter in Europe and goes for like six bucks! I brought back a bunch from Scotland.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
7/19/2015 8:03am
I soak in my hot tub about 30-45 minutes every night and it does wonders for my beat up body. I was without my hot tub for about 10 days a few years ago and I was so stiff and sore that it was hard to do anything.
urbanlift707
7/19/2015 8:14am Edited Date/Time 7/19/2015 8:14am
Bigfoot wrote:
[img]https://www.painscience.com/imgs/voltaren-l.jpg[/img] Works wonders! It's by prescription in the US and expensive--$50+ for a 30g tube. It's over the counter in Europe and goes for like six...

Works wonders! It's by prescription in the US and expensive--$50+ for a 30g tube. It's over the counter in Europe and goes for like six bucks! I brought back a bunch from Scotland.
This is the winner. Nothing can compare to how well it works, although I don't use the gel I take it in pill form. Fourtantly I don't have to take it everyday as mine come and goes with the weather/work load. I been taking turmeric everyday as well and have noticed it helps overall. Keeps me off the pharmaceuticals
B-EVANS
7/19/2015 9:20am
Dr put me on Meloxicam about 4yrs ago. Its like WD40 for my knees and shoulders. So far, no side effects, effects, side effects, or side effects
SKIDLID
Fantasy
805th
7/19/2015 9:54am
yzrider53 wrote:

I love this stuff! Keep one in my gear bag, truck and Locker at the gym. It will melt if left in the heat. Once you sweat or take a shower it starts to work again. This, Advil and exercise keep my arthritis at bay.
shuggs
7/19/2015 9:58am
Hut wrote:
What do you do with it? Am in need of something to help with arthritic knees , age is a bitch
7/19/2015 10:09am
Bigfoot wrote:
[img]https://www.painscience.com/imgs/voltaren-l.jpg[/img] Works wonders! It's by prescription in the US and expensive--$50+ for a 30g tube. It's over the counter in Europe and goes for like six...

Voltaren is a literal miracle. I stopped taking percocets and was in misery; i found aboyt six tubes of voltaren in the cabinet. I thought it was hemmorhoid creme lol, but my wife rubbed some into my shoulder and within five minutes I had relief. I actually just put some on my foot for a ligament problem. Good stuff.
IceMan446
7/19/2015 10:12am
Tumeric and cryotherapy have helped me.

And hitting the gym or getting regular exercise is probably one of the best things.
Bigfoot
7/19/2015 10:14am
Hut wrote:
shuggs wrote:
What do you do with it? Am in need of something to help with arthritic knees , age is a bitch
Yeah, whadaya do with it? Snort it? Eat a lot of Pakastani food?
Sully22
7/19/2015 10:25am
I have issues with my joints and pains all over but it's mostly from cancer and chemo, but I do have some issues with arthritis in my right knee from riding where i had 3 surgeries (ACL, pin and screw, torn meniscus). I get good relief on my knee from a cream prescription my doc wrote for me for nueropathy from damage done by chemo, you can only get at a compounding pharmacy....it includes: Diclo 2%, Gaba, 3%, Baclo 2%, Ketam 5%, Lidoc 2%. I rub this on any pain or sore area and the pain is gone within minutes.
observer
7/19/2015 10:30am
Hut wrote:
shuggs wrote:
Bigfoot wrote:
Yeah, whadaya do with it? Snort it? Eat a lot of Pakastani food?
Tumeric, a fine yellow powdery is available as a food powder/seasoning, or as added ingredient, orrrr in capsule form.
It's commonly used/found in Indian cuisine. Do I believe in it??.....don't know if it's the Elixor you seek, but feel like it does offer some joint benefits.
Ironically, the very activity that got us all here, exercise, exertion....seems the best, quickest way for relief.
Along with good ol 2 each NASID...aka Aleve(anti-inflammatory).

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=78
abn166
7/19/2015 10:39am
Hut wrote:
shuggs wrote:

This what I used on my knee before I had it replaced. It worked well for me. Knee replacement works great. No more pain.

BAD10
7/19/2015 11:16am
Glucosamine and Chondroitin works wonders for me! I use the "up and up" Target brand. I am riddled with arthritus and really bad in my wrist and elbow. Without this product I litterally cant ride my motorcycle or train in the gym the pain is so bad. Its a natural anti inflamatory and really works.
friday10
7/19/2015 11:19am
Bigfoot wrote:

This is the winner. Nothing can compare to how well it works, although I don't use the gel I take it in pill form. Fourtantly I...
This is the winner. Nothing can compare to how well it works, although I don't use the gel I take it in pill form. Fourtantly I don't have to take it everyday as mine come and goes with the weather/work load. I been taking turmeric everyday as well and have noticed it helps overall. Keeps me off the pharmaceuticals
My wife is English, so I asked her if she had ever heard of this, "Yes, I have some"! except it's called Voltarol in England. I just put some on my aching back, so I'll let you know how it works. I have also been using Turmeric, Advil has given me an ulcer in my intestine.
Hut
7/19/2015 11:28am Edited Date/Time 7/19/2015 11:34am
Hut wrote:
shuggs wrote:
Someone at vitalmx posted about Turmeric being a vet mxer's best friend. So I went and bought some capsules at the drug stores vitamin dept. It seems to work at least as well as Ibuprofen for me without upsetting my stomach. So I have been sticking with it.
Norco made me feel better for a while but that is a bad plan from my experience. Blink

Edit- The Someone was The Rock and the post is right here -> http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Tumeric-Motorcyclings-bes…
shuggs
7/19/2015 11:51am
Hut wrote:
shuggs wrote:
Hut wrote:
Someone at vitalmx posted about Turmeric being a vet mxer's best friend. So I went and bought some capsules at the drug stores vitamin dept. It...
Someone at vitalmx posted about Turmeric being a vet mxer's best friend. So I went and bought some capsules at the drug stores vitamin dept. It seems to work at least as well as Ibuprofen for me without upsetting my stomach. So I have been sticking with it.
Norco made me feel better for a while but that is a bad plan from my experience. Blink

Edit- The Someone was The Rock and the post is right here -> http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Tumeric-Motorcyclings-bes…
Hmmm have never seen capsules - maybe need to look a bit harder
neverwas
Fantasy
740th
7/19/2015 12:02pm
Exercise and Tumeric seems to work for me,not cure all but make sit a bit more bearable.
Having a total knee replacement worked wonders on my arthritic knee,LOL

To get the most out of Tumeric it should also have black pepper with it.
Piperine in Black Pepper Improves Curcumin Bioavailability

A report published in the October 1992 issue of the journal Clinical Pharmacokinetics may explain why the above-described studies (and other studies) have found turmeric and curcumin to perform somewhat poorly in in vivo studies: curcumin cannot be utilized effectively in the human body because of poor bioavailability. The poor bioavailability of turmeric and curcumin in turn is believed to result from the rapid metabolism of curcumin in the liver and intestinal wall.

But there may be a simple way to boost the effectiveness of turmeric and curcumin: season your turmeric-containing dish with a dash of black pepper! The 1992 paper also reported that when curcumin was given to rats in combination with piperine, its bioavailability increased by 154%. When human volunteers were given a combination of curcumin and piperine, instead of pure curcumin, the bioavailability of curcumin increased by a whopping 2000%! Moreover, the addition of piperine was found to enhance the serum concentrations of curcumin and the extent of its absorption, both in the test animals and the human volunteers.
You can buy Tumeric suppliments with black pepper in it.

It's a pain in the ass to make but Golden Milk is another way to combat inflammation
.http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/ART03511/Dr-Weil-Anti-Inflammatory-Golden-M…

Post a reply to: How do u get your arthritis relief?

The Latest