Steelhorse Bewl Bar report (2017 KTM450SXF)

JK714
Edited Date/Time 9/23/2020 11:41am
Just took my first ride after installing the Bewl Bar by Steelhorse in place of the stock swingarm pivot bolt on my 2017 KTM450SXF. https://www.steelhorseinnovations.com/store/bewlbar/

Easy installation: with the swingarm off just remove metal end caps from seals and push out stock sleeves with perforated Steelhorse sleeves, replace the caps, then insert the bar once the swingarm is lined up in the frame. If you do it right you won't disturb the uncaged needle bearings, and you should slap some clean grease on the new sleeves before installing. Then use the supplied special grease gun tip to pump grease from each end of the bewel bar until a little squirts out the seal, just like on a car ball joint. The frame guards will cover the grease fittings on each end.

Movement of swingarm feels exactly like stock, but the convenience of being able to zap it with grease whenever you feel the need without removing things is great. I don't think the swingarm will need to come off again in fact. Should be able to remove everything else from the rear end with the bike on a lift stand. Highly recommended.
|

Post a reply to: Steelhorse Bewl Bar report (2017 KTM450SXF)

The Latest