How to find trails?

Racer142
Edited Date/Time 7/4/2020 10:29am
How do you go about finding some good trails? In Colorado I had the cortex app which was nice but moved back to the Memphis, TN area and riding seems slim. Found some ohv stuff in Arkansas but it looks mostly like easy 4 wheeler trails from YouTube anybody know of some good technical trails within 3 to 5 hours of Memphis?
|
WFO
6/3/2020 11:17am
There is some pretty cool stuff in Ark. Some of the jeep trails could rival anything I've seen in Colorado. The SXS revolution has ruined so much single track. Talimena Ok will give you all you can handle.
LOOnatic
6/5/2020 4:54am
Southern woods riders is having a trail ride weekend end of the month at Loretta Lynn Ranch outside Nashville. Trails are really good. Highly recommend it regardless of skilll level. Bring a light for the poker run night ride .
Racer142
6/7/2020 4:42pm
I'll look into those. Anything more middle Arkansas? And I've seen the loretta lynn rode before but I've always heard it's packed but I'll look into it for sure
LOOnatic
6/8/2020 7:14pm Edited Date/Time 6/8/2020 7:15pm
Even packed it's spread out and very worth while.
It's a mistake to not go once. Im a B rider and assure you the trails are legit for all skilll levels. I'm going back again this June.

The Shop

1983YZ125
Fantasy
1406th
6/11/2020 5:11pm
Have you checked Rider planet?
https://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/tennessee_list.htm

Trail Source
https://www.trailsource.com/?type=DIRT®ion=Tennessee

The Polaris Ride app has most trails i ride already on them so that app may be worth downloading. Worse case, it's useful while you're on the trail and want to see where you're at.

Kanewel433
6/23/2020 9:38am
Racer142 wrote:
How do you go about finding some good trails? In Colorado I had the cortex app which was nice but moved back to the Memphis, TN...
How do you go about finding some good trails? In Colorado I had the cortex app which was nice but moved back to the Memphis, TN area and riding seems slim. Found some ohv stuff in Arkansas but it looks mostly like easy 4 wheeler trails from YouTube anybody know of some good technical trails within 3 to 5 hours of Memphis?
Windrock Off Road is going to be similar to the rocky terrain you were used to in CO. I've ridden there many times, lots of SxS's but they mark the trails pretty well and the terrain is endless. Pro tips: Bring extra tear offs, and run a mousse tube if you've got one.

Also worth checking out is Brimstone and Royal Blue Offroad. All three are much closer to Knoxville - so literally the opposite corner from you, but it's the best I've got for ya.

I'm in CO if you ever head back this way.

Racer142
6/29/2020 6:03pm
Racer142 wrote:
How do you go about finding some good trails? In Colorado I had the cortex app which was nice but moved back to the Memphis, TN...
Kanewel433 wrote:
Windrock Off Road is going to be similar to the rocky terrain you were used to in CO. I've ridden there many times, lots of SxS's...
Windrock Off Road is going to be similar to the rocky terrain you were used to in CO. I've ridden there many times, lots of SxS's but they mark the trails pretty well and the terrain is endless. Pro tips: Bring extra tear offs, and run a mousse tube if you've got one.

Also worth checking out is Brimstone and Royal Blue Offroad. All three are much closer to Knoxville - so literally the opposite corner from you, but it's the best I've got for ya.

I'm in CO if you ever head back this way.

I will be back to visit co one day but not as much as I would like. I'm hoping my next move is Idaho or something like that but time will tell. Ive heard of Windrock but only from jeep people. Never heard anything about dirt bikes. I also know of smorr in mo and superlift in ar. I guess I'll have to give it a shot some day but windrock is 8 hours 😆. I was hoping for 3 or less.
Timo_2824
7/4/2020 10:29am
Arkansas has some pretty sweet trails, though most of it will be 2 track. Still a good time, but moving East you'll find you have to have an open mind and share the trails with SXS's.

Racer142
7/7/2020 6:15pm
Timo_2824 wrote:
Arkansas has some pretty sweet trails, though most of it will be 2 track. Still a good time, but moving East you'll find you have to...
Arkansas has some pretty sweet trails, though most of it will be 2 track. Still a good time, but moving East you'll find you have to have an open mind and share the trails with SXS's.

That looks good but where is it? What trails are best?
LungButter
7/14/2020 6:52pm
Has anyone took the plunge with the OnX Maps?
I have the OnX maps Hunting version and it has a filter that will show all trails and whether they are motorized or not. It works great for me, I've been using it for years.

I imagine the off road one is even better for finding riding areas, probably well worth the $30 a year. Heck it'd probably save you that much in gas driving around looking for trail heads etc.
Timo_2824
7/18/2020 9:18pm
Timo_2824 wrote:
Arkansas has some pretty sweet trails, though most of it will be 2 track. Still a good time, but moving East you'll find you have to...

Racer142 wrote:
That looks good but where is it? What trails are best?
Buckhorn trail is that picture, it is 60 miles long all 2 track. It gets steep with quite a few rocks, but is fun. Mill Creek is fun as well, Wolfpen Gap has some good climbs with awesome scenery. Fourche Mountain Trail is also fun, but it's shorter at 28 miles. Next trip down I'm planning on Huckleberry Mountain, Sugar Creek, and Brock Creek trails.

Riderplanet is how I find everything, just took a trip to New Mexico and it was a blast. Even managed to find a single track trail in Cloudcroft that I wouldn't have guessed was there. They have old growth Douglass Firs in Southern New Mexico!

Post a reply to: How to find trails?

The Latest