Pulp Show Ryno

motomike137
Ryno really brought up an interesting topic talking about the difference between training and development, fitness vs technique. They used Barcia as an example of someone who seems to train his ass off but doesn't seem to advance his technique vs guys like Roczen and Dungey who not only train hard but have evolved the way they ride the bike. He also gives his analysis of Webb and what might potentially be holding him up on the 450. Interesting stuff.
|
yzjs7
1/17/2017 11:24am
What's he say about Webb I didn't get the chance to call or listen?
motomike137
1/17/2017 11:31am
yzjs7 wrote:
Ryno said that Webb rides flat footed and tries to make too much happen with his arms. Thinks he needs to ride on his toes more along with using his legs better to get the bike to do what he wants. he mad a couple interesting observations about the changes in Roczen and Dungeys riding posture over the last few years also.
moto0852
1/17/2017 11:51am Edited Date/Time 1/17/2017 11:52am
I wonder how in sync (or out of sync) Ryno and DV are on their takes and approaches. They both seem to be equally cerebral and have great insight
JW381
1/17/2017 11:58am
Dude is crazy, you just sit on the bike and twist the throttle, bike does all the work.

The Shop

aees
1/17/2017 12:48pm
where can you listen to it, cant find it?
rrjr
1/17/2017 12:51pm
Webb needs to unlock his hips
Bramlett321
1/17/2017 12:57pm
aees wrote:
where can you listen to it, cant find it?
go to pulpmx.com or iTunes and buy the pulpmx app(having technical difficulties lol), also download Stitcher and you can listen to it there.
Skidaddle
1/17/2017 1:15pm
rrjr wrote:
Check out the comments also.

TeamGreen
1/17/2017 1:21pm
rrjr wrote:
So, you're saying,"It's all in the hips!"?
1/17/2017 1:47pm
yzjs7 wrote:
Ryno said that Webb rides flat footed and tries to make too much happen with his arms. Thinks he needs to ride on his toes more...
Ryno said that Webb rides flat footed and tries to make too much happen with his arms. Thinks he needs to ride on his toes more along with using his legs better to get the bike to do what he wants. he mad a couple interesting observations about the changes in Roczen and Dungeys riding posture over the last few years also.
I'm pretty sure James Stewart didn't give a crap about riding flat footed when he won his championships. Im pretty sure Cooper Webb gave 0 about riding flat footed when he won all three of his championships. I think Ryno has to many hours logged in with a higher state of mind. Cooper is a winner and a champion. Cooper is gonna be great once he figures out the 450, regardless of "unlocking the hips" or "riding flat footed".
Phantom 661
1/17/2017 2:30pm
JW381 wrote:
Dude is crazy, you just sit on the bike and twist the throttle, bike does all the work.
Finally someone who knows what they're talking about. Laughing
elementmx
1/17/2017 2:33pm
I'm pretty sure James Stewart didn't give a crap about riding flat footed when he won his championships. Im pretty sure Cooper Webb gave 0 about...
I'm pretty sure James Stewart didn't give a crap about riding flat footed when he won his championships. Im pretty sure Cooper Webb gave 0 about riding flat footed when he won all three of his championships. I think Ryno has to many hours logged in with a higher state of mind. Cooper is a winner and a champion. Cooper is gonna be great once he figures out the 450, regardless of "unlocking the hips" or "riding flat footed".
just because you can still go fast riding a certain way doesn't mean its correct or the best technique. how many times has james crashed his brains out? riding flat footed lessens your balance and control especially when things go wrong.

riding on the balls of your feet, with your hips and butt back puts you in a much better position to react and control the bike. look at football players, baseball infielders, wrestlers, almost any sport you need fast and powerful reactions. watch roczen or dungey through the whoops. they all utilize this form and it is simply a product of human anatomy.
S.Loyer
1/17/2017 2:57pm
I'm pretty sure James Stewart didn't give a crap about riding flat footed when he won his championships. Im pretty sure Cooper Webb gave 0 about...
DV actually brought up a good point about this.
Steve was reading one of DV's articles to RV where DV he talks about RV's style and how Eli tries to mimic it.
To sum it up, just because one person made it work, doesn't mean another can make it work.

Adjusting technique seems like the easiest way to go faster, no?
1/17/2017 3:16pm
elementmx wrote:
just because you can still go fast riding a certain way doesn't mean its correct or the best technique. how many times has james crashed his...
just because you can still go fast riding a certain way doesn't mean its correct or the best technique. how many times has james crashed his brains out? riding flat footed lessens your balance and control especially when things go wrong.

riding on the balls of your feet, with your hips and butt back puts you in a much better position to react and control the bike. look at football players, baseball infielders, wrestlers, almost any sport you need fast and powerful reactions. watch roczen or dungey through the whoops. they all utilize this form and it is simply a product of human anatomy.
James flat footed technique allowed him to be the fastest man on the planet for a long time.

Try holding it wide open with your hips and butt back and tell me if you loop out or not lol.

I'm looking at baseball and football. That is so irrelevant. Those sports require one ball. Motocross requires 2.
1/17/2017 3:23pm
S.Loyer wrote:
DV actually brought up a good point about this. Steve was reading one of DV's articles to RV where DV he talks about RV's style and...
DV actually brought up a good point about this.
Steve was reading one of DV's articles to RV where DV he talks about RV's style and how Eli tries to mimic it.
To sum it up, just because one person made it work, doesn't mean another can make it work.

Adjusting technique seems like the easiest way to go faster, no?
Depends who is teaching and how the rider reacts. I just get a kick out of ryno because he is so sold on his technique and philosophy. It didn't work for Wilson.
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
1/17/2017 4:43pm
Maybe Ryno owes money to Webb's dad too!
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
1/17/2017 4:47pm
yzjs7 wrote:
He also said JS7 is one of the biggest offenders of faulty hips. Check out around the 2:34 mark
S.Loyer
1/17/2017 5:04pm
Depends who is teaching and how the rider reacts. I just get a kick out of ryno because he is so sold on his technique and...
Depends who is teaching and how the rider reacts. I just get a kick out of ryno because he is so sold on his technique and philosophy. It didn't work for Wilson.
Just because an execution is wrong doesn't mean the theory is proved wrong.
1/17/2017 5:34pm
Depends who is teaching and how the rider reacts. I just get a kick out of ryno because he is so sold on his technique and...
S.Loyer wrote:
Do you believe in rynos techniques?
Cortami79
1/17/2017 11:13pm
S.Loyer wrote:
Do you believe in rynos techniques?
I do, he tells some very good things in his posts on instagram too. I know, sometimes it is a little too much. But most of the times the things he says are true. He is not the only one saying that by the way.

Every year our team (a regional team for young riders. We all train and ride together) has a training clinic from a professional rider. I've had a training clinic from Joel Smets a few years ago, the first thing he told me was that I had to ride on my toes and not flat footed, not bad from a 5 times world champion right? The year after we had a training clinic from Bobryshev, first thing he told us was riding on our toes was one was one of the most important and most forgotten thing in motorcross. The years afterwards we have had De Reuver, Van Horebeek and this year Coldenhoff and Getteman and riding on your toes is the thing that is one of the most important thing to them. Same goes for not using your rear brake in a corner to keep your bike rolling and keep your toes on your outside peg, just like Roczen and Dungey do.

His theories about neckbraces are interesting too, but please don't start another debate on this Laughing
colonel
1/18/2017 12:06am
If Reno is all about technique then he should start by looking at the shit form and technique displayed by himself and whoever he is left working with in the gym. If anyone has a genuine small idea of proper technique knows when looking at him or students perform exercises is wrong.
Rowlands
1/18/2017 3:42am
Can somebody show me the difference of a rider riding on his toes and with a flat foot, preferably a photo of both ?
motomike137
1/18/2017 3:48am Edited Date/Time 1/18/2017 3:49am
Rowlands wrote:
Can somebody show me the difference of a rider riding on his toes and with a flat foot, preferably a photo of both ?
I think what he really means by it is resting the arches of your feet on the pegs vs being up on the balls of your feet. And just for the record I am not a Ryno disciple, I just thought he was making some interesting points Smile
Crush
1/18/2017 3:53am
elementmx wrote:
just because you can still go fast riding a certain way doesn't mean its correct or the best technique. how many times has james crashed his...

Ya I wouldn't think trying to emulate James is a good way to ride a bike!

On the other hand, RV always always always rode on the balls of his feet... dude was like a cat. But I wouldn't try copy his turning technique either haha
Cortami79
1/18/2017 4:03am
Rowlands wrote:

Rowlands
1/18/2017 4:09am
Rowlands wrote:
Cortami79 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/01/18/169894/s1200_137377_webb_sx17_anaheim1_jk_0444.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/01/18/169895/s1200_137345_dungey_sx17_anaheim1_jk_0081.jpg[/img]

Oh wow !

Thanks for that I now understand, I can now see where he is coming from just moving your feet slightly on the pegs actually makes a huge difference higher up your body. Although in coopers photo it looks like he is making a mistake....
1/18/2017 4:37am
For all of you guys saying riding flat-footed makes no difference...

I challenge you to get on your mountain bike and go for a spirited trail ride, pedaling only with your heels.

Ryno is an intelligent guy. Always has been. But the thing about smart motherfuckers, is they seem like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. Now read the replies in this thread again.
Crush
1/18/2017 4:41am
Watch RV bro. ALWAYS on his toes...

Post a reply to: Pulp Show Ryno

The Latest