Kin-ear-ry vs. Kin-eye-ry

dirtnapper
Edited Date/Time 3/25/2012 11:53pm
Just was re-watching the Dallas round and noticed that in the LCQ when Bobby Kiniry holeshot that Ralph was
saying Kin-ear-ry ( like I've been saying since I first heard of him in the sport ), but RC was saying Kin-eye-ry. It seems since then that RC has educated the boys on how to say his name, as since then its been Kin-eye-ry from Ralph and Co.

Anybody else notice?

Does anyone know him, who might know the proper way to say it? Kin-eye-ry just sounds odd to me! Huh
|
SL91
3/25/2012 1:55pm
He races up here in the Canadian Nats in the summer (National number #3 I think) and the guys on our telecasts started with Kin-"ear"-y and went to Kin-"eye"-ry. So I don't know what it is ;-)
RACEGUY
3/25/2012 2:04pm
He is Kin-EYE-ree. Those who call themselves professional announcers would serve themselves well to simply ask the athelete. Works for me. It's also Med-AL-ya...not Med-AG-lee-a. Any more questions? Riders don't mind a simple question like..."how do you pronounce your last name?"
the_wood109
3/25/2012 2:56pm
Announcers have been mispronouncing Bob's name for ever lol.
DownSouth
3/25/2012 3:01pm Edited Date/Time 3/25/2012 3:02pm
Robbie Ray-nerd or Ruh-nard? I have always assumed the nerd one and it confuses me to hear the nard version.

The Shop

dirtnapper
3/25/2012 3:56pm
RACEGUY wrote:
He is Kin-EYE-ree. Those who call themselves professional announcers would serve themselves well to simply ask the athelete. Works for me. It's also Med-AL-ya...not Med-AG-lee-a. Any...
He is Kin-EYE-ree. Those who call themselves professional announcers would serve themselves well to simply ask the athelete. Works for me. It's also Med-AL-ya...not Med-AG-lee-a. Any more questions? Riders don't mind a simple question like..."how do you pronounce your last name?"
So how the HELL did they get FattyOats out of Colton's last name??? Laughing
kardy
3/25/2012 4:41pm
It's KinEYEry.
Rupert X
3/25/2012 4:54pm
Talked to Marvin at Toronto, his last name " MUSQUIN" is actually pronounced " Cocoa-Puff".

ENTICKNAP's name is literally translated - from ancient sandskrit - to " THEN TAKE NAP"

Kelly Smith's last name is pronounced just like SMITH, buy with a "Y" - " SMYTH".

Anybody with the last naME OF jOHNSON IS RELATED TO jOHNSON & jOHNSON - of health and beauty aids fame.

TORONTO is pronounced with a one silent T, but we've never been told which T.

Which pi$$es us off.
RACEGUY
3/25/2012 5:04pm
Which begs the question...how do we properly pronounce that "X"? Mysterious.
dirtnapper
3/25/2012 5:59pm
Rupert X wrote:
Talked to Marvin at Toronto, his last name " MUSQUIN" is actually pronounced " Cocoa-Puff". ENTICKNAP's name is literally translated - from ancient sandskrit - to...
Talked to Marvin at Toronto, his last name " MUSQUIN" is actually pronounced " Cocoa-Puff".

ENTICKNAP's name is literally translated - from ancient sandskrit - to " THEN TAKE NAP"

Kelly Smith's last name is pronounced just like SMITH, buy with a "Y" - " SMYTH".

Anybody with the last naME OF jOHNSON IS RELATED TO jOHNSON & jOHNSON - of health and beauty aids fame.

Which pi$$es us off.
Friday
3/25/2012 6:14pm
I always thought it was very simple to pronounce La-nin-o-vich but then I heard Jimmy Holley calling him Lan-o-vich which drops out a complete syllable. I think I also heard that the first way is correct but so many people were screwing it up that Billy just let them say the way Holley called it. I may be wrong though.
jasonv43
3/25/2012 6:28pm
Rupert X wrote:
Talked to Marvin at Toronto, his last name " MUSQUIN" is actually pronounced " Cocoa-Puff". ENTICKNAP's name is literally translated - from ancient sandskrit - to...

Which pi$$es us off.
I've always wondered. Is it pronounced Rupert? Roohpart? Ruhpbert? Ruubarb? Or is it just joe?

Post a reply to: Kin-ear-ry vs. Kin-eye-ry

The Latest