James Stewart W.A.D.A. hearing

me_da_racer
10/27/2014 8:04am Edited Date/Time 10/27/2014 4:39pm
So I was under the understanding that his hearing was last week. I haven't seen or read anything yet so I guess I'm wrong. Anybody know the date of the hearing?
|
davistld01
10/27/2014 8:22am
Yo haven't read anything yet or seen anything yet, because there has been no decision released yet. This place will explode when a final decision is made either for or against JS7 racing the 2015 SX series...
Spydee
10/27/2014 8:26am
You'll have to go back a few handful of pages to find the thread, but basically...

DC @ RacerX: "There’s no news—good or bad—on another front. James Stewart’s hearing with the FIM took place earlier last week, but no final decision has been handed down. According to an AMA official, the process of this kind of hearing does not include an immediate decision. In other words, the jury is still out on whether we will see #7 at Anaheim. A press release is expected to be issued soon, but there is no time table in deciding the merits of whether his positive test of an amphetamine back in April at the Seattle SX.".
hvaughn88
10/27/2014 8:30am
davistld01 wrote:
Yo haven't read anything yet or seen anything yet, because there has been no decision released yet. This place will explode when a final decision is...
Yo haven't read anything yet or seen anything yet, because there has been no decision released yet. This place will explode when a final decision is made either for or against JS7 racing the 2015 SX series...
that seems pretty accurate. I may have to stay away from here for a few days after that happens so I'm not just reading the same worn out arguments over and over again.
JeepnMike
10/27/2014 8:33am
From what I gather on Instagram, James isn't too worried about it. I wish I could post Instagram stuff here but it is blocked at work. Can someone post the video he posted (hilarious) of his Halloween getup "Jeromeinthezone"?

The Shop

10/27/2014 9:47am Edited Date/Time 10/27/2014 9:50am
JeepnMike wrote:
From what I gather on Instagram, James isn't too worried about it. I wish I could post Instagram stuff here but it is blocked at work...
From what I gather on Instagram, James isn't too worried about it. I wish I could post Instagram stuff here but it is blocked at work. Can someone post the video he posted (hilarious) of his Halloween getup "Jeromeinthezone"?

A video posted by James Stewart (@therealjs7) on Oct 10, 2014 at 6:32pm PDT

Hmm IDK why IG videos dont show up like they use to when you copy the embedded code.
bsharkey
10/27/2014 9:50am
it amazes me how long they can string this out.its not likes its a world crisis
davistld01
10/27/2014 9:56am Edited Date/Time 10/27/2014 9:56am
JeepnMike wrote:
From what I gather on Instagram, James isn't too worried about it. I wish I could post Instagram stuff here but it is blocked at work...
I like the way James is handling this deal. No crybaby stuff...no appeals to his fan base to stick with him...no slamming the powers that be for the decision...not blaming other people, and the fact that he's shutting up and not putting his business out there for anybody to give their opinion on. He's being mature, and that's probably the thing that has changed the most in Stewart in the last couple of years...he's grown up, and become his own man.

I think he's trying to have fun regardless...and has maybe come to the place where he's OK if they let him ride, and OK if they won't and he has to retire.

yak651
Fantasy
167th
10/27/2014 9:57am
bsharkey wrote:
it amazes me how long they can string this out.its not likes its a world crisis
No doubt, how is Suzuki supposed to plan there upcoming season if they don't know if there number one rider is eligible to race or not...clownshow...
JeepnMike
10/27/2014 10:03am
JeepnMike wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
I like the way James is handling this deal. No crybaby stuff...no appeals to his fan base to stick with him...no slamming the powers that be...
I like the way James is handling this deal. No crybaby stuff...no appeals to his fan base to stick with him...no slamming the powers that be for the decision...not blaming other people, and the fact that he's shutting up and not putting his business out there for anybody to give their opinion on. He's being mature, and that's probably the thing that has changed the most in Stewart in the last couple of years...he's grown up, and become his own man.

I think he's trying to have fun regardless...and has maybe come to the place where he's OK if they let him ride, and OK if they won't and he has to retire.

Good point Terry. I haven't thought of it like that.
rcm406
10/27/2014 10:27am Edited Date/Time 10/27/2014 10:28am
It's a conspiracy, I tell ya!Dry MC paid them off to try and retire James! He doesn't want his 72 SX wins record challenged!Wink
tprice07
10/27/2014 11:46am
rcm406 wrote:
It's a conspiracy, I tell ya!Dry MC paid them off to try and retire James! He doesn't want his 72 SX wins record challenged!Wink
I think MC is safe for a few more years :-) James is at 50 right now? I don't think James has 1/3 more to fill that gap into 72 considering is racing career will be over after 15.
IWreckALot
10/27/2014 1:21pm
JeepnMike wrote:
davistld01 wrote:
I like the way James is handling this deal. No crybaby stuff...no appeals to his fan base to stick with him...no slamming the powers that be...

Didn't he say there was a gag order or attorney's suggestion to not speak publicly.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4103rd
10/27/2014 2:44pm Edited Date/Time 10/27/2014 2:45pm
More common to have matters taken under submission with a decision trailing, sometimes by a long time depending on the complexity of the matter and the diligence of the decision makers. Unless, of course, the plan is to have a trial and then the hanging...

It's also smart not vet these sorts of things before the entity adjudicating the dispute acts. I believe that the WADA rules specifically say that WADA won't comment on a pending matter unless the athlete discusses it openly. If James was told to hush, he got good advice. If he followed it, he's smart. He wouldn't have anything to gain in the court of public opinion trying to recast this in any way; people's minds are pretty much made up.
FroDiddy
10/27/2014 4:39pm
tprice07 wrote:
I think MC is safe for a few more years :-) James is at 50 right now? I don't think James has 1/3 more to fill...
I think MC is safe for a few more years :-) James is at 50 right now? I don't think James has 1/3 more to fill that gap into 72 considering is racing career will be over after 15.
Will be real interesting if he's cleared to race and wins 10 races in SX.

Post a reply to: James Stewart W.A.D.A. hearing

The Latest