early
Fantasy
2231st
Edited Date/Time 8/23/2015 10:25am
Pretty lame today, especially that second moto Unsure
|
DownSouth
8/22/2015 2:23pm
After moto 2 he said he hit his head pretty good during his practice crash and was a bit off all day after that.

However I hope he does pick things back up before the MXDN. Since he fell at Washougal in moto 2 while on his way to a 1-1 day he has been just a bit off.
agn5009
8/22/2015 2:24pm Edited Date/Time 8/22/2015 2:25pm
He's definitely taken a step back the last couple weekends. He has looked good at the MXDN in the past so hopefully the pride factor kicks in and he has a couple great races in France.
500guy
8/22/2015 2:27pm
He will be fine, Nothing like people getting down on the Team before they ever hit the track.
mx836
8/22/2015 2:29pm
Is he doing the USGP? It would be good for him to stay racing and see how he matches up against his competition for MXoN.

The Shop

early
Fantasy
2231st
8/22/2015 2:30pm
True he did say he hit his head but when Roczen passed him he tried to go faster and got way sloppy then he just phoned in the rest of the moto.
stewie94
8/22/2015 2:30pm
u might wana add cooper while u at it since he damn near killed himself scrubbing......... chill lax mericans
Starcrossed
8/22/2015 2:35pm
mx836 wrote:
Is he doing the USGP? It would be good for him to stay racing and see how he matches up against his competition for MXoN.
Yes, all 3 of the MXdN guys are racing the GP at GH.
mx836
8/22/2015 2:37pm
Yes, all 3 of the MXdN guys are racing the GP at GH.
It's going to be an awesome race! Rarely do we get to see this many top guys from each series line up against each other in a non-MXoN scenario.
h&m_cycle
8/22/2015 2:38pm
What about Webb? and I'm not talking about riding faster...
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
8/22/2015 2:39pm
With Strijbos out there is only France left as a threat
early
Fantasy
2231st
8/22/2015 2:55pm
Would rather see Webb throw it away giving it everything hes got than see Barcia get the holeshot then not be able to keep his front wheel in a rut.
8/22/2015 3:07pm
crusty_xx wrote:
You dont think team gb have a chance? Simpson and anstie have both won gps this year and wilson has been 5th-10th in ama since returning from injury. I would say france are favourites with gb and usa the main contenders. I think we have a good chance this year
8/22/2015 3:11pm
crusty_xx wrote:
You dont think team gb have a chance? Simpson and anstie have both won gps this year and wilson has been 5th-10th in ama since returning...
You dont think team gb have a chance? Simpson and anstie have both won gps this year and wilson has been 5th-10th in ama since returning from injury. I would say france are favourites with gb and usa the main contenders. I think we have a good chance this year
GrinningGrinningGrinningGrinningGrinningGrinningGrinningGrinning Best joke I heard all day. oh, man the punchline that GB has a good chance had me in tears.

Thanks for the laughs. LaughingLaughing
watson
8/22/2015 3:25pm
Even if he doesn't show his latter-season brilliance, I wouldn't be terribly upset as we aren't even able to send our best 450 rider this year. Euro's will say that's a pre-excuse. It's more like a fact, just like the fact that the Dutch and Germans won't be able to send their best riders and Italy and Belgium may not be able to send their best riders. That's five teams starting at a significant disadvantage where the French have all the advantages this year.

Our team's best is all I ask.
early
Fantasy
2231st
8/22/2015 3:29pm Edited Date/Time 8/22/2015 3:29pm
watson wrote:
Even if he doesn't show his latter-season brilliance, I wouldn't be terribly upset as we aren't even able to send our best 450 rider this year...
Even if he doesn't show his latter-season brilliance, I wouldn't be terribly upset as we aren't even able to send our best 450 rider this year. Euro's will say that's a pre-excuse. It's more like a fact, just like the fact that the Dutch and Germans won't be able to send their best riders and Italy and Belgium may not be able to send their best riders. That's five teams starting at a significant disadvantage where the French have all the advantages this year.

Our team's best is all I ask.
France rode excellent last year. I expect them to be very good this year too.
h&m_cycle
8/22/2015 3:33pm Edited Date/Time 8/22/2015 3:34pm
early wrote:
Would rather see Webb throw it away giving it everything hes got than see Barcia get the holeshot then not be able to keep his front...
Would rather see Webb throw it away giving it everything hes got than see Barcia get the holeshot then not be able to keep his front wheel in a rut.
Seriously, what if Barcia finally "smartened up" and figured out only to ride right to the edge that he is feeling comfortable that day... Barcia made a mistake and backed it down...

All our guys got to do is put up some good finishes and we got a shot... Webb has crash 5 times in the last 3 races...

early
Fantasy
2231st
8/22/2015 3:43pm
h&m_cycle wrote:
Seriously, what if Barcia finally "smartened up" and figured out only to ride right to the edge that he is feeling comfortable that day... Barcia made...
Seriously, what if Barcia finally "smartened up" and figured out only to ride right to the edge that he is feeling comfortable that day... Barcia made a mistake and backed it down...

All our guys got to do is put up some good finishes and we got a shot... Webb has crash 5 times in the last 3 races...

I like seeing Barcia finish a season uninjured but man if thats all the speed he has without crashing...

Webb's definitely been throwing it away latley but he has been racing only for the win.

Hope they all ride smart and we get 6 solid finishes with a few podiums to give us a shot.
8/22/2015 3:49pm
crusty_xx wrote:
You dont think team gb have a chance? Simpson and anstie have both won gps this year and wilson has been 5th-10th in ama since returning...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Best joke I heard all day. oh, man the punchline that GB has a good chance had me...
GrinningGrinningGrinningGrinningGrinningGrinningGrinningGrinning Best joke I heard all day. oh, man the punchline that GB has a good chance had me in tears.

team gb finished on the same points as team usa last year...

france are heavy favourites this year, it will take some bad luck on their part for them to not win- but if they do have some bad luck, team gb and maybe even team USA might be able to challenge them. Big ask but it is possible
PressPassP
8/22/2015 5:24pm
No team gets close to France and the USA as I see it,Belgium are out now,Strijbos has to be replaced probably by a 250 rookie,maybe Graulus (?) that has no real expectations put upon him,the Brits are next best if theyre consistent and others run 2 bad Motos

There are still 3 GPs to get through too,the USGP is already decimated,another casualty today asise from Strijbos was Tixier who joins Herlings,Tonkov and Ferrandis on the sidelines,this season has been terrible for injuries although we seem to say the same thing every year

There could be some upsets at the MXdN though by a lot of front running guys being out but i France and the USA are easily the even favourites

51xc
8/22/2015 5:28pm
he's the fastest american that wants to ride mxdn. he loves to race in europe and wants to win badly, for himself and for his country. i don't think you can ask for more.
Tbteam
8/22/2015 5:34pm
France is going to smack down every country, not just ours.
BobPA
8/22/2015 5:36pm
51xc wrote:
he's the fastest american that wants to ride mxdn. he loves to race in europe and wants to win badly, for himself and for his country...
he's the fastest american that wants to ride mxdn. he loves to race in europe and wants to win badly, for himself and for his country. i don't think you can ask for more.
Correct
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
8/22/2015 5:45pm
crusty_xx wrote:
Sorry, forgot about them.
I don't think they are as strong as USA or France on paper but to say they probably the 3rd best team.
brimx153
8/22/2015 6:04pm
51xc wrote:
he's the fastest american that wants to ride mxdn. he loves to race in europe and wants to win badly, for himself and for his country...
BobPA wrote:
Correct
correct ,and i can see him doing well too .i feel the start will be key , and he is nailing them .i actualy see martin as a big week link . not because of his riding or def not because of his speed . i just can see him get a really bad start one moto ,it will be a tighter track than he is use to and hard pack. and will find it hard to make ground . on the filp side if he gets a holeshot he could run away with it . just most of his starts this year were ok at the best
PressPassP
8/22/2015 6:06pm Edited Date/Time 8/22/2015 6:10pm
crusty_xx wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Best joke I heard all day. oh, man the punchline that GB has a good chance had me...

GB could do it with 5 finishes around the top 5 mark which isn't as funny as you suggest,this is the MXdN afterall

Pourcel's tyre in 2011 burst their bubble and put them from possible victors to the worst runners up recently at 39 points

To win recent MXDN you had to beat 2nd place finishers of the following :

2011 France 39 points

2012 Belgium 29

2013 USA 30

2014 Belgium 27
Starcrossed
8/22/2015 6:07pm
51xc wrote:
BobPA wrote:
Correct
I concur fully.
8/22/2015 6:08pm
I think Barcia will be allright at Ernee to be honest. Team usa has a very legit shot at winning this if all of them simply put in solid consistent motos.

The only real 'near perfect' team would be Team France, and they have the homecrowd advantage.. They will be hard to beat, Febvre has been unreal this year. Paulin not so much except for the GP of Valkenswaard where he absolultely destroyed the field (sand gp, ernee is hardpack so yeah ....). And ofcourse Musquin to top it off!

I had decent hopes for Belgium even without Clement Desalle, but now with Strijbos also injured it's starting to look bad.. Big bummer i'd love to see a repeat of what happened in '13!

Team GB is gonna be the underdog that will preform very well imo. Wilson has been showing top 5 - 10 speed for the last few races he did and he got a month to improve his fitness. Both Anstie and Simpson have had outstandig GP's this year. Very strong team ..

Damn i want the USGP and MXON allready now that the nationals are over !! Oh well GP of Mantova tomorrow Smile
ChrisB10
8/22/2015 6:31pm
They should wait to pick the teams. I would take Ando over Barcia
DownSouth
8/22/2015 6:37pm
ChrisB10 wrote:
They should wait to pick the teams. I would take Ando over Barcia
Based on what?

Barcia won races and has been much better over the course of the season than Anderson and has past MXDN experience.

Post a reply to: I hope Barcia rides faster at Ernee

The Latest