Barcia kicking Reeds bike

mxer613
Does anyone have that video clip?
|
51xc
2/19/2017 10:04am Edited Date/Time 2/19/2017 10:13am
Barcia got into Reed early in the race and cleaned him out, and when Reed saw Barcia down in the sand section late in the race, he drilled him as he was trying to get his bike started. [Update: From our vantage point it looked like Reed hit Barcia intentionally, but when we checked with Barcia's team afterward they told us Barcia thought it was just an accident.]

racerx.com

maybe barcia tried to avoid the bike and 'kicked' the bike because of that. I haven't seen any footage of that tho. if it would have been a big deal, it would be already all over reeds insta account anyways I guess. lol
jnickell
Fantasy
1836th
2/19/2017 11:15am
This is what I saw on the television broadcast...

Reed came around the right hander and didn't realize Barcia was perpendicular in the middle of the track trying to start his bike. Reed slid into him (attempting to avoid the collision). Neither went down but they were leaned up against each other. Then Marcia threw his little hissy kick at Reed's bike even though he's the reason they were in that situation. Reed didn't seem to notice.
JWACK
2/19/2017 11:36am
^ this. Typical Barcia move.. I think he gives jgr a bad image with some of his actions. But they may be going for that image at this point. A factory team that puts hot pink grips on any bike can't be taken seriously.

The Shop

2/19/2017 11:44am
JWACK wrote:
^ this. Typical Barcia move.. I think he gives jgr a bad image with some of his actions. But they may be going for that image...
^ this. Typical Barcia move.. I think he gives jgr a bad image with some of his actions. But they may be going for that image at this point. A factory team that puts hot pink grips on any bike can't be taken seriously.
at least you noticed the grips
JWACK
2/19/2017 11:48am
JWACK wrote:
^ this. Typical Barcia move.. I think he gives jgr a bad image with some of his actions. But they may be going for that image...
I would fire whoever gave approval to install that crap on a factory bike. They went full retard lol.
mx332
2/19/2017 11:58am
The original takeout by Barcia wasn't shown on tv, but Reed's collision with him in the sand was clearly retaliation for whatever happened. Chad could have easily rode around him but decided to check up and do a full throttle power slide into the side of Barcia. 6 inches over and he would have hit Barcia's leg. Really surprised the AMA didn't have something to say.
51xc
2/19/2017 11:58am
JWACK wrote:
jgr is a factory team? that's new to me.
knobby101
2/19/2017 11:59am
JWACK wrote:
JWACK wrote:
I would fire whoever gave approval to install that crap on a factory bike. They went full retard lol.
I guess Brad Lackey and his peace dove would have been a bit much for you too!
Rab
2/19/2017 12:04pm
JWACK wrote:
51xc wrote:
I forgot that the color of the grips makes a difference on a motorcycle performance wise... Whistling
JWACK
2/19/2017 12:33pm
JWACK wrote:
51xc wrote:
Rab wrote:
I forgot that the color of the grips makes a difference on a motorcycle performance wise... Whistling
Figured the vitards would flame out on my opinion. It's not a performance issue. It's an image issue. Might as well run pink tassels off the bars as well.
BobPA
2/19/2017 1:04pm
If Reed would have kicked Barcias bike you would be praising him for his "passion"
struth
2/19/2017 1:06pm
mx332 wrote:
The original takeout by Barcia wasn't shown on tv, but Reed's collision with him in the sand was clearly retaliation for whatever happened. Chad could have...
The original takeout by Barcia wasn't shown on tv, but Reed's collision with him in the sand was clearly retaliation for whatever happened. Chad could have easily rode around him but decided to check up and do a full throttle power slide into the side of Barcia. 6 inches over and he would have hit Barcia's leg. Really surprised the AMA didn't have something to say.
Wtf,reed could cleaned him up if he wanted.
Load of crap
mx836
2/19/2017 1:11pm
Reed hitting Barcia was a bonehead move. Had lots of time as Barcia was there long before Reed got there. Only way he couldn't see him is if he was staring at the ground. Saw the whole thing live.
Flip109
2/19/2017 1:25pm Edited Date/Time 2/19/2017 2:34pm
i highly doubt Reed meant to hit him. If he as trying to he would have just bulldozed him. Wtf
2/20/2017 1:02pm
mx332 wrote:
The original takeout by Barcia wasn't shown on tv, but Reed's collision with him in the sand was clearly retaliation for whatever happened. Chad could have...
"Full Throttle Power Slide" ?

Drama Drama Drama I really hope you are a 12yr old girl?
hvaughn88
2/20/2017 1:11pm
mx332 wrote:
526 wrote:
"Full Throttle Power Slide" ?

Drama Drama Drama I really hope you are a 12yr old girl?
ask JT$ for his opinion on it.
ctbale
2/20/2017 2:31pm
51xc wrote:
Rab wrote:
JWACK wrote:
Figured the vitards would flame out on my opinion. It's not a performance issue. It's an image issue. Might as well run pink tassels off the...
Figured the vitards would flame out on my opinion. It's not a performance issue. It's an image issue. Might as well run pink tassels off the bars as well.
PINK TASSELS like Pee Wee Herman!!!!! And if he made Pee Wee Herman sounds that would be impressive too!!
Crush
2/20/2017 3:12pm
No way was it deliberate... you clearly see him try to adjust and wash the front, and why the fuck would you try "retaliate" in that position when there would be no way you also wouldn't punish yourself...
jnickell
Fantasy
1836th
2/20/2017 3:16pm
I totally agree Crush. Also, it looked like Marcia was hoping to send Reed a message in that first corner after they got going. He wasn't really close enough though.
thorns
2/20/2017 3:17pm
What time segment is the incident? Saw the first shot with the aftermath of them both getting going again, but not the incident?
jj welks
2/20/2017 7:53pm
Wish JB would sign with KTM and get on a 350
peelout
2/21/2017 11:00am
i thought Barcia kicking Reed's tire was hilarious, i would have done the same thing (and i'm a huge Reed fan, i would let Meg have Chad's babies)
2/21/2017 12:28pm
It was obvious that Reedy meant to brodie into Bam Bam...so the tire getting the boot was completely understandable.
jnickell
Fantasy
1836th
2/21/2017 2:17pm
This thread is a reason why history books cannot be accurate. After watching the exact same incident from the exact same angle we have polar opposite opinions of whether it was intentional or not. Only Reed knows but we have several examples of "it's obvious" from both sides of the opinion. My opinion is he tried to avoid him. I'm not saying you're wrong if you think he intended to hit him. As much as you may not understand why I think it was accidental, I don't understand how you think it was intentional.
davistld01
2/21/2017 3:18pm
If the incident had been anywhere near the drama-fest that some here have made it out to be...don't you know that Reedy would have it all over his social media accounts? Both riders called it a "racing incident", right? If they can move on...why can't we? Oh, wait...

Post a reply to: Barcia kicking Reeds bike

The Latest