450's 1st-10th speed

nrosso391
2/12/2024 6:27am

From what we've seen in practice for 6 races now, I find it crazy that 1st-10th is within the same second most of the time.

Which brings another crazy question; If you don't get a start or have an off night, is a 7-10th place normal now?

Sexton just got a 9th and no one is talking about it.

|
Nellyinda803
Fantasy
762nd
2/12/2024 6:33am

Well Sexton's hand was hurting, so a top 10 was very good.

For the others, it is very hard to move up through the pack when everyone can do the same rhythms, when they are simplifying the tracks so much as to not cause injuries (riders get hurt no matter how simple the track is), and everyone's training program almost the same. 

nrosso391
2/12/2024 6:38am

Its crazy that the guys are so close in speed. Makes it garbage that the tracks are so easy the race is only dependent on the holeshot.

Press516
Fantasy
248th
2/12/2024 6:40am
nrosso391 wrote:
From what we've seen in practice for 6 races now, I find it crazy that 1st-10th is within the same second most of the time. Which...

From what we've seen in practice for 6 races now, I find it crazy that 1st-10th is within the same second most of the time.

Which brings another crazy question; If you don't get a start or have an off night, is a 7-10th place normal now?

Sexton just got a 9th and no one is talking about it.

Sexton rode injured...  That was all he had.  But the point is still valid.  If you don't start in the top 4, I don't see anyone winning if other top guys start up front.  If it's Friese and McElrath, ok...  But if it's Ken and Jason, it's going to be tough.

nrosso391
2/12/2024 6:52am

At least they made the whoops blitzable. Sick of jumpers.

The Shop

lumpy790
2/12/2024 6:53am
nrosso391 wrote:
Its crazy that the guys are so close in speed. Makes it garbage that the tracks are so easy the race is only dependent on the...

Its crazy that the guys are so close in speed. Makes it garbage that the tracks are so easy the race is only dependent on the holeshot.

So easy????

Everyone made mistakes this week so that was not an easy track. 1 bobble or simple fall and the rest of the pack are gone unless they do the same. It’s a fight till the finish.  

2/12/2024 6:59am

I think with 450s qualifying first you'll see it more often now, but even A1 (top 6 within a second) and SD (top 8 within a second) it was pretty close.

The track still gets beat up in the main, so it does allow for some separation, but a start definitely makes or breaks your day when everyone's sprint speed the first few laps in near identical. 

nrosso391
2/12/2024 7:00am
nrosso391 wrote:
Its crazy that the guys are so close in speed. Makes it garbage that the tracks are so easy the race is only dependent on the...

lumpy790 wrote:
So easy???? Everyone made mistakes this week so that was not an easy track. 1 bobble or simple fall and the rest of the pack are...

So easy????

Everyone made mistakes this week so that was not an easy track. 1 bobble or simple fall and the rest of the pack are gone unless they do the same. It’s a fight till the finish.  

"So easy" as in, these guys are so good they do all the same rhythms at the same speed lap after lap. No one has stood out and tried unique lines.

early
Fantasy
1118th
2/12/2024 7:03am

If you listen to the rider interviews, some of them talk about how the long rhythms were built steeper than at other tracks so they couldn't push to make up time before getting to the corners. Detroit rhythms should have been built like that and Glendale's should have been flatter. Also the dog-legs obviously didn't work well. 

Or perhaps the track did separate Kenny's superior skill from the rest, he just happened to get out front at the start. 

nrosso391
2/12/2024 7:10am

There's been only 3 passes for the lead this year to win a Main, but only Anderson @ A2 was a true pass. Sexton won when Roczen stalled in the first turn. And Plessinger won when Roczen crashed in the mud. So only 1 come from behind win this year out of 6 races.

2/12/2024 7:25am
nrosso391 wrote:
There's been only 3 passes for the lead this year to win a Main, but only Anderson @ A2 was a true pass. Sexton won when...

There's been only 3 passes for the lead this year to win a Main, but only Anderson @ A2 was a true pass. Sexton won when Roczen stalled in the first turn. And Plessinger won when Roczen crashed in the mud. So only 1 come from behind win this year out of 6 races.

I don't think that is a great metric as there has otherwise been plenty of passing. It's not like the leader of the race is holding up 2nd place with no spot for them to pass every race. If 1st place is faster than 2nd place they aren't going to get passed...

Plus, we had two-ish mudders where the getting the start is always going to be an enormous advantage.

matze
Fantasy
2986th
2/12/2024 8:37am Edited Date/Time 2/12/2024 8:40am
nrosso391 wrote:

Its crazy to me how one can not differentiate between easy and one lined tracks.

Glendale was everything but easy lol

Shred
Fantasy
104th
2/12/2024 8:46am Edited Date/Time 2/12/2024 8:47am
nrosso391 wrote:

matze wrote:

Its crazy to me how one can not differentiate between easy and one lined tracks.

Glendale was everything but easy lol

Track was hard/bad ….but whoops were easy.  I personally would like to see harder/longer whoop sections. Taller/steeper… and bring them a little closer together to slow down the jump option and reward the blitz option.  I say that having walked tracks with big whoops and said holy f*#k as I walked them.  It would have the occasional increase in crash/possible injury….but I like watching the challenge put to riders.

Magoofan
Shadow Glen (for those who remember), CA US
2/12/2024 8:53am Edited Date/Time 2/12/2024 8:53am

start-cross

Yup.   Another lame track @ Glendale         All that space they had to work with...  

Magoofan
Shadow Glen (for those who remember), CA US
2/12/2024 8:55am
nrosso391 wrote:

At least they made the whoops blitzable. Sick of jumpers.

You do know that at some point it becomes faster for riders to jump thru whoops during the race.    It also saves energy jumping thru the whoops.   Webb exploits this to his advantage.

resetjet
2/12/2024 8:55am

Well there is always one fastest way around the track.  They figure it out pretty quick and if the track doesnt break down,  it makes it pretty boring…..that dirt is just too good,  combined with the long tall one way through rythyms,  its a startercross race. Vince freise provided some parity,  getting great starts and cross jumping.  

Post a reply to: 450's 1st-10th speed

The Latest