Ride Engineering Steering Stabilizer KTM bracket

AJ565
Installed the Ride Engineering steering stabilizer bracket on my 2018 250 SX a few days ago and got to ride with it on Sunday. Picked it on on Black Friday so I saved a few bucks. I revalved the steering stabilizer and put in 15w fork oil before I rode with it. The bracket fit OK, you will need to file down the top edge on both right and left sides as the handle bar mount bolts hit the bracket and give you a feeling like its going to stick. On track the improvement was noticed right off the bat. I only ride MX so I went with the 20mm stabilizer. The bike tracks straight down high speed straights and over rough sections. Turns is where I really noticed it working, this bike just rails ruts like a slot car now. Huge improvement over the last time I was out on the bike where it would try and climb out of ruts.
|
Slosh 112
1/27/2018 4:58pm
AJ565 wrote:
Installed the Ride Engineering steering stabilizer bracket on my 2018 250 SX a few days ago and got to ride with it on Sunday. Picked it...
Installed the Ride Engineering steering stabilizer bracket on my 2018 250 SX a few days ago and got to ride with it on Sunday. Picked it on on Black Friday so I saved a few bucks. I revalved the steering stabilizer and put in 15w fork oil before I rode with it. The bracket fit OK, you will need to file down the top edge on both right and left sides as the handle bar mount bolts hit the bracket and give you a feeling like its going to stick. On track the improvement was noticed right off the bat. I only ride MX so I went with the 20mm stabilizer. The bike tracks straight down high speed straights and over rough sections. Turns is where I really noticed it working, this bike just rails ruts like a slot car now. Huge improvement over the last time I was out on the bike where it would try and climb out of ruts.
Been thinking about getting this for my 18 TC250, Ive got a 22mm HPSD on my RM125, haven't had much ride time with it yet tho.

What did you change in the valving
AJ565
1/31/2018 7:57am
Slosh 112 wrote:
Been thinking about getting this for my 18 TC250, Ive got a 22mm HPSD on my RM125, haven't had much ride time with it yet tho...
Been thinking about getting this for my 18 TC250, Ive got a 22mm HPSD on my RM125, haven't had much ride time with it yet tho.

What did you change in the valving
The shim stack order. There is a thread on thumpertalk about rebuilding the valve and someone posted a picture of a revalve using the stock shims. I was going to send it out to be revalved, but I didn't have time to get it out and back before I was going to go riding.

Post a reply to: Ride Engineering Steering Stabilizer KTM bracket

The Latest