Neken SFS Air/Spring Triple clamp

Related:
Create New Tag

10/4/2017 6:32 PM

Photo

My review after putting them on my 2017 FC250 .
So they worked really good today at Comp Edge MX. I rode without my wrist brace and I liked how the handlebars soaked up the square edge bumps and the hard landings. Whereas , before I would feel the square edges and cringe on the jumps.

The feel is very solid in turns and rough straights because, I would guess, of the lack of rubber bushings that come stock on my bike.

Size wise they are 1mm taller than stock.
I like them, enough to order one.
|

10/28/2017 5:21 PM

Does the spring only version have an air valve on one side? The pictures I'm finding do not show an air chuck. I would think it would have to for adjustment....

|

10/30/2017 8:40 AM

jvail134 wrote:

Does the spring only version have an air valve on one side? The pictures I'm finding do not show an air chuck. I would think it would have to for adjustment....

so, the spring only version is replaced with the spring/air pictured above. this clamp is awesome, I have around 15 hours with it and I do not/would not want go back to the standard top clamp.

110-150 psi in the air side. I run 120 and it is set it and forget it. How good is it compared to the full air version? Well, if the full air gets a grade of "A" the spring /air would get a grade of "A-" , it is that good.

|

10/30/2017 9:06 AM

swtwtwtw wrote:

so, the spring only version is replaced with the spring/air pictured above. this clamp is awesome, I have around 15 hours with it and I do not/would not want go back to the standard top clamp.

110-150 psi in the air side. I run 120 and it is set it and forget it. How good is it compared to the full air version? Well, if the full air gets a grade of "A" the spring /air would get a grade of "A-" , it is that good.

Does this mean that when you order the spring version that you receive one with one air valve? I ask because if it is replaced I wouldn't want to receive left over stock without a valve. Where did you order yours from?

|

10/30/2017 5:15 PM

I go directly thru Neken. I have gotten good customer service so far.

|

10/30/2017 7:42 PM

Any Parts Unlimited dealers. Here are the part numbers.
Photo

|

11/1/2017 3:23 AM

Very good, thank you

|

4/3/2018 4:40 AM

Have anybody tried the first version with only air as well as this one?

|

4/3/2018 9:42 PM

Tedor wrote:

Have anybody tried the first version with only air as well as this one?

I have the full air version on my yz450f. What’s the difference? Well, the full air is a bit smoother feeling. However, if the full air is an “A”, then then I would grade the spring/air an “A-“. Just a note, the spring/air is not available for all models.

|

4/17/2018 12:06 PM

I'm having trouble finding anyone who has 0603-0764 in stock. When I google it, i see another part number (0509057), but can anyone confirm that is the same clamp?

|

4/18/2018 5:29 AM

MotoMatt_928 wrote:

I'm having trouble finding anyone who has 0603-0764 in stock. When I google it, i see another part number (0509057), but can anyone confirm that is the same clamp?

contact you local dealer who deals with parts unlimited or AVID Cycles at 7609707969. I , also, have a top clamp in blue gathering dust, as it was on my husky, that i would be willing to part with. pm me if interested

|

4/23/2018 12:25 PM

swtwtwtw wrote:

contact you local dealer who deals with parts unlimited or AVID Cycles at 7609707969. I , also, have a top clamp in blue gathering dust, as it was on my husky, that i would be willing to part with. pm me if interested

The pics you show, and that part number, reference an air/spring clamp. But on Parts Unlimited site, they list it as spring only. Same part number. I am assuming they got rid of the air option, and it is only available in spring? Pic is directly from their site, today.

Photo

|

4/23/2018 6:49 PM

MotoMatt_928 wrote:

I'm having trouble finding anyone who has 0603-0764 in stock. When I google it, i see another part number (0509057), but can anyone confirm that is the same clamp?

swtwtwtw wrote:

contact you local dealer who deals with parts unlimited or AVID Cycles at 7609707969. I , also, have a top clamp in blue gathering dust, as it was on my husky, that i would be willing to part with. pm me if interested

MotoMatt_928 wrote:

The pics you show, and that part number, reference an air/spring clamp. But on Parts Unlimited site, they list it as spring only. Same part number. I am assuming they got rid of the air option, and it is only available in spring? Pic is directly from their site, today.

Photo

Just the opposite spring only is gone.

|

5/2/2018 12:44 PM

MotoMatt_928 wrote:

I'm having trouble finding anyone who has 0603-0764 in stock. When I google it, i see another part number (0509057), but can anyone confirm that is the same clamp?

swtwtwtw wrote:

contact you local dealer who deals with parts unlimited or AVID Cycles at 7609707969. I , also, have a top clamp in blue gathering dust, as it was on my husky, that i would be willing to part with. pm me if interested

Why don't you use it anymore?

|

5/2/2018 1:06 PM

MotoMatt_928 wrote:

I'm having trouble finding anyone who has 0603-0764 in stock. When I google it, i see another part number (0509057), but can anyone confirm that is the same clamp?

swtwtwtw wrote:

contact you local dealer who deals with parts unlimited or AVID Cycles at 7609707969. I , also, have a top clamp in blue gathering dust, as it was on my husky, that i would be willing to part with. pm me if interested

Bruce372 wrote:

Why don't you use it anymore?

I still use them. I sold the husky and now on Yamaha. These clamps are the first suspension upgrade anyone ought to make.

|

5/2/2018 5:10 PM

swtwtwtw wrote:

I still use them. I sold the husky and now on Yamaha. These clamps are the first suspension upgrade anyone ought to make.

so are you selling it? is yours the $650 version or the $320 version? I might be interested if its the cheaper version.

|

5/3/2018 9:01 PM

I have the full air version on my Yamaha because they don’t make the air/spring for it. There is virtually no difference in performance between the two. Bruce, I have a buddy trying my clamp out at the moment, he’ll probably buy it. But if you contact Avid,see earlier post, you will get a good discount on new. Just mention my name as your discount code.

|

5/19/2018 7:55 AM

swtwtwtw wrote:

I have the full air version on my Yamaha because they don’t make the air/spring for it. There is virtually no difference in performance between the two. Bruce, I have a buddy trying my clamp out at the moment, he’ll probably buy it. But if you contact Avid,see earlier post, you will get a good discount on new. Just mention my name as your discount code.

Did your buddy buy the husky clamp?

|

5/25/2018 8:08 AM

I'm getting some deflection in my front end on my '17 FC 350. You said you recommend this before any suspension work. If you had deflection, do you feel like these mitigate or lessen the feeling of that in the hands?

|

5/25/2018 5:59 PM

walkitoff wrote:

I'm getting some deflection in my front end on my '17 FC 350. You said you recommend this before any suspension work. If you had deflection, do you feel like these mitigate or lessen the feeling of that in the hands?

Lessen. I found the the harshness in my hands, that I felt, when hitting curbs and holes went away.

|

6/23/2018 5:07 PM

Full air on the yammie. next week testing the air/spring,new for Yamaha in 2018. Photo

|

7/27/2018 11:49 AM

I wanted to engage this topic again. Everywhere I have looked, it is showing they are only offering the spring/spring clamp now. Dealers can now purchase them, and they are available to ship. There is no mention, anywhere, of an air option. I do believe they have done away with the air.

|

7/27/2018 8:47 PM

Nope, they have not done away with the air. The spring/spring is done away with.

|

7/30/2018 10:07 AM

I bought some, and they will be here this week. I guess we will see. I would prefer the spring version, actually.

|

7/30/2018 4:35 PM

MotoMatt_928 wrote:

I bought some, and they will be here this week. I guess we will see. I would prefer the spring version, actually.

If you got the air/spring, use 120 psi on the air side. For the full air start at 75 psi, I like 78psi. There is not any air leakage or increase in these, so set and forget And no the spring/spring would not be preferred.

|

8/6/2018 9:09 AM

MotoMatt_928 wrote:

I bought some, and they will be here this week. I guess we will see. I would prefer the spring version, actually.

swtwtwtw wrote:

If you got the air/spring, use 120 psi on the air side. For the full air start at 75 psi, I like 78psi. There is not any air leakage or increase in these, so set and forget And no the spring/spring would not be preferred.

I got the clamps on and rode Saturday afternoon at our local track. They are air/spring, and I set them at 120 psi. Intermediate soil with two sand sections. Wow, what an improvement over stock! Soaks up landings, and gnarly sections of the track with ease. I highly recommend them to anyone.

|

8/9/2018 9:30 PM

Rocky mountain have them on the website shipping in a week.

|

8/15/2018 6:43 PM

Mine just arrived and I put them on. Word of warning, you have to run the forks flush with the top clamp... you cant pull the forks up in the clamp to make the bike turn.

|

8/16/2018 7:23 AM

Bruce372 wrote:

Mine just arrived and I put them on. Word of warning, you have to run the forks flush with the top clamp... you cant pull the forks up in the clamp to make the bike turn.

Why is that? I have the air/spring on my KTM and with the forks up in the clamp I still have more then the 10mm travel between the bars and the forks.

|

2018 KTM 250sx
Instagram CamaroAJ

8/16/2018 7:47 AM

Bruce372 wrote:

Mine just arrived and I put them on. Word of warning, you have to run the forks flush with the top clamp... you cant pull the forks up in the clamp to make the bike turn.

That is odd. I have it on the second line (still have one more to go), and I do not have clearance issues. Only thing I am a little apprehensive about, is the slack in the clutch cable.

|