Mako 360 owners speak up!

wfopete
8/9/2018 10:01am
Now that you have had some time with these units, tell us about them. One thing I don't like is that I will need to give up my Bonz hard guard mounts if I go with these. I was considering T.E. carbon fiber bars but the company seems to be going through a "transition".

Good, fair or a other?
|
joe846
8/13/2018 4:04pm
Buddy owns them and I have Flexxbars. I've ridden his bike and the movement is definitely less noticeable, but also doesn't seem to have as much movement on big g-outs and flat landings. Personally, I like the Flexxbars. Feel like a great revalve on smaller stuff and add comfort to big stuff.

Caveat is his Mako's were pretty new and they might move more when they get in.

I will say they move more noticeable than the PHDS mounts and rolling forward and back is 100% more noticable than the PHDS.

My take was if you don't like how much Flexxbars move and you need stiffer bar mounts anyhow (which is everyone who rides a 16-18 KTM/Husky) the Mako's are great options.
motoman0
Fantasy
1340th
11/10/2018 4:34pm
One of the best add ons I have ever put on a bike. The off-road crowd have embraced them. I can promise that the Vet moto guys will like them.
8/14/2019 1:52pm
Flexxbars are heavy to me. The Mako has different polymers if you want more cushion. The orange are the plushest. Then you have the red which are slightly stiffer, and then green which are the stiffest. You also have different shark bite polymers to work with. The mako is also way stouter than any OEM bar mount setup. I've had one now on 6 different bikes and it works great for the off road/nepg stuff we ride on.
8/17/2019 8:55am
I really like the mako 360, I use them for offroad. I only dislike the high price tag. Good things aren't cheap!! I am looking for a second set of them for a ktm now. If anyone has a slightly used set they want to sell, please let me know.

Post a reply to: Mako 360 owners speak up!

The Latest