Bullet Proof Racing Radiator Braces

joe846
Edited Date/Time 1/15/2019 4:23pm
Bought and using these on a 2019 YZ250F. Can’t say enough about the fit, finish, weight and added level of protection these provide.

Went on easily (lines up easily), fit just like OEM louvers, really tighten up the shrouds and flexibility of radiators (always seem to bend Yamaha radiators) and look bitchin.

Fell in third gear in a rut racing this past weekend (tucked front) and I actually lightly creased the left shroud but didn’t even move the rad or brace. With the stock set up a creased shroud = bent radiator tabs.

I’m sponsored by WC and love their stuff but I really think these BPR braces are a better option on these Yamahas.

And the color matches the wheels!!

Highly, highly recommended.
|
Schlava
1/12/2019 4:02pm
I always worry about air flow with four strokes and these aluminum guards. They look pretty open but I wonder how they direct airflow in comparison to stock louvers. Good think the the yz runs pretty cool. May get them for my 19 as well.
barnett468
1/15/2019 4:23pm Edited Date/Time 1/15/2019 4:24pm
Schlava wrote:
I always worry about air flow with four strokes and these aluminum guards. They look pretty open but I wonder how they direct airflow in comparison...
I always worry about air flow with four strokes and these aluminum guards. They look pretty open but I wonder how they direct airflow in comparison to stock louvers. Good think the the yz runs pretty cool. May get them for my 19 as well.
It's similar to placing around a 2" high piece of material lengthwise on each radiator to block air flow.

joe846
1/15/2019 8:04pm
Schlava wrote:
I always worry about air flow with four strokes and these aluminum guards. They look pretty open but I wonder how they direct airflow in comparison...
barnett468 wrote:
It's similar to placing around a 2" high piece of material lengthwise on each radiator to block air flow.

Similar or not I’ve raced with these and ridden in mud with zero heating issues. If it’s changed the ability of the radiators to flow air and cool the motor it’s not materializing itself in any way I can tell.

In fact I’d say they’re better at not collecting mud than the stock louvers.
Schlava
1/17/2019 5:58pm
Got Mine in the mail today. Look sweet. Very light.

Post a reply to: Bullet Proof Racing Radiator Braces

The Latest