2018 Alpinestars Tech 7 vs Tech 8 RS

Harbison_916
Curious about weight comparisons and the size of the toe box of each model.

I have the previous model of Tech 7s, comfortable but a little clunky. Broke my left ankle wearing them so the boot has started to tear a small amount.

Any opinions would be appreciated.
|
Klinger
10/1/2018 3:00pm
Hey Harbison_916,
I've worn both and I can say that there is more room in the Tech 7 toe box because it does not have a bootie. In the Tech 8, the internal bootie creates a more snug, secure feeling boot.

As for the weights, they are nearly the same. The Tech 7s are 8.8 lbs and Tech 8s are 8.9 lbs. Both are lighter than many of the top level boots that are around 10 pounds. Well, that is until the new Tech 10s. We do have a pair of those to test but they are Michael Lindsay's size so I haven't worn them yet.
Harbison_916
10/3/2018 9:42pm
Klinger wrote:
Hey Harbison_916, I've worn both and I can say that there is more room in the Tech 7 toe box because it does not have a...
Hey Harbison_916,
I've worn both and I can say that there is more room in the Tech 7 toe box because it does not have a bootie. In the Tech 8, the internal bootie creates a more snug, secure feeling boot.

As for the weights, they are nearly the same. The Tech 7s are 8.8 lbs and Tech 8s are 8.9 lbs. Both are lighter than many of the top level boots that are around 10 pounds. Well, that is until the new Tech 10s. We do have a pair of those to test but they are Michael Lindsay's size so I haven't worn them yet.
Thank you for your feedback Klinger. With the weights being close in comparison but the tech 8's providing a more sung feeling, I may be tempting to go that route for my next pair.

Would you happen to know if the actual toe on the outside of Tech 8 has a larger or smaller profile than the Tech 7? I know even the Tech 10s are lower profile now.
Klinger
10/4/2018 8:54am
Thank you for your feedback Klinger. With the weights being close in comparison but the tech 8's providing a more sung feeling, I may be tempting...
Thank you for your feedback Klinger. With the weights being close in comparison but the tech 8's providing a more sung feeling, I may be tempting to go that route for my next pair.

Would you happen to know if the actual toe on the outside of Tech 8 has a larger or smaller profile than the Tech 7? I know even the Tech 10s are lower profile now.
I don't have a pair of Tech 8 in my possession right now to actually measure them, but I can say that, on the bike, I didn't notice one having a slimmer or fatter toe area than the other. While the Tech 8 has the stitched on sole, I think the overall toe height of the boot is pretty comparable to the 7.

Post a reply to: 2018 Alpinestars Tech 7 vs Tech 8 RS

The Latest