2017-2018 CRF450R Bill's Pipes RE-13 (lots of pics)

agcarlson
Edited Date/Time 8/12/2018 4:50pm
Hey guys. I have found very little info on this system online so I figured I would share my experience so far. The system showed up to my house last Friday and I have it mounted but have not had a chance to ride it yet. The packaging was great. The finish on these parts is amazing as well. Ever since I had laid eyes on the Bill's system I have wanted it. I really did not want to be another dude on a Honda with a Yoshi. The price is great for what you are getting as well. I did not weigh them compared to stock as I had no means of doing it but holding the Bill's parts vs stock in my hands they seemed about the same with the Bill's maybe being slightly lighter. This system fit better than stock! the fit is absolutely amazing! No fighting it, no leaving everything loose to try and pull it in 5 different directions once the bolts are started, it just slipped right together and bolted up. It gave the bike a great tone, its nice and deep and it no longer sounds like a beefed up 250. I was busy all weekend so I am hoping to get out and test ride tonight or tomorrow and then I will update my results. Here are some pics I took of unboxing and some stock comparison pics. Enjoy!

|
agcarlson
6/13/2018 10:23am
Be sure to post a ride report.

Looks high quality.
Will do for sure! I rode it last night in between break in sessions on my 2 stroke but I was on a small arena cross track so its tough to say. It sounds a ton nicer than stock thats for sure. It felt like it had more hit off the bottom and revs out faster when getting on the gas right before landing. I cant wait to get on an outdoor track and see how it pulls through the whole range but I dont think it will be this weekend as I am doing a 2stroke shootout saturday. I have high hopes for the performance gains! I am a pretty big guy at 225 lbs (washed up old A rider:laughSmile so I can really can feel performance gains as it takes a bit to get a bike moving with me on it haha. Heres some pics from last night.

boston_jorj
6/17/2018 10:24am
Looks top notch. The cans look sick!
agcarlson
6/26/2018 9:59am
So I rode it for the first time this past Sunday and I must say I am very impressed. It came out of the gate stronger and gained some over rev. It hits harder on the bottom coming out of corners but it feels more manageable. For the the price and the gains I would highly recommend this!

The Shop

agcarlson
7/12/2018 4:08am
Well this happened at RedBud this past weekend Angry
I called Bill's and they told me that they do not repair headers and they just replace them. They did offer to sell me one really cheap which is cool. Dont really have the cash after smoking the clutch in my 450 and blowing the trans out of my truck at RedBud so looking for alternative options until I can pony up some extra $$$

I will say though the customer service at Bill's is great and I will most likely be buying there exhaust for the rest of my riding days.

Bennett59
8/12/2018 4:50pm
agcarlson wrote:
Well this happened at RedBud this past weekend :angry: I called Bill's and they told me that they do not repair headers and they just replace...
Well this happened at RedBud this past weekend Angry
I called Bill's and they told me that they do not repair headers and they just replace them. They did offer to sell me one really cheap which is cool. Dont really have the cash after smoking the clutch in my 450 and blowing the trans out of my truck at RedBud so looking for alternative options until I can pony up some extra $$$

I will say though the customer service at Bill's is great and I will most likely be buying there exhaust for the rest of my riding days.

What if you fill the header with water and get some freeze plugs that fit each end and stick in the freezer it could possibly pop it back out

Post a reply to: 2017-2018 CRF450R Bill's Pipes RE-13 (lots of pics)

The Latest