Looking for other girls who ride!

kaleebreann
3/5/2011 2:46pm
Hello, I just started riding in Sept/Oct. I live in the Gig Harbor area. I started riding cause of my boyfriend also. I totally know how you feel, I don't have any girls to ride with either. I want to race soon, I just have to work hard. What size bike do you ride? I moved up to a 250 around december time, but couldn't afford to get a 250 with aluminum frame, so I bought a 125.
slombardy
3/8/2011 10:10pm
Hey there! Wow I had posted this so long ago I was surprised when I got an email saying someone had replied lol. I started on a ttr125 and just upgraded to an rm125. So now I'm on a 2-stroke Smile I have yet to ride it, I've been so busy. I wanted to keep with the aluminum frame as well. Where do you ride? Maybe we could meet up somewhere with our guys and ride together!
kaleebreann
3/9/2011 6:02pm
I started with a ttr 125 too, then moved up to an 85 big wheel. I was too big for it and couldn't stand up right. So I moved up to a 250. I just got on my 125 for the first time yesterday and had a great ride!!! I think you will really like it. Just be consistent with the throttle, they are more jumpy than a 4 stroke. Well we are going to try and make it to Riverdale next week, and then I have my first race in port angeles in a couple weeks, goin to try and make it. But normally we ride at our neighbors place, just a small circle track. I would love to get together, are you interested in racing? I just got in contact with another girl who races a lot, she's going to help me and hang out.
kaleebreann
3/9/2011 6:09pm
Do you have a facebook?? So we can message that way? or email?

The Shop

slombardy
3/9/2011 7:57pm
I do have a face book! http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000470454573
My boyfriend and I are planning on going to the Port Angeles races! I REALLY need to get on my bike and ride it soon though in order to race in the upcoming races. I've raced once at Mudslingers on Jan 2 this year. I loved it. I want to get better! And I've always wanted to ride at Riverdale! I hear it's a fun place. What day are you guys going?
kaleebreann
3/9/2011 8:59pm
well we aren't sure on a day yet due to work schedules. But i think next Sat??? I understand though, just rode my bike for the first time and I have a race coming up, my first yikes. So i really need to ride, if only the rain would stop. I really want to get better too, I need to get faster and jump bigger. I have only done little jumps at our place. But I think you will love the 125, do you have a private track you ride on? Or do you have to wait to go to a track to ride? If you have plans to go ride let me know, maybe I could at least come and watch? Not that I have money for gas...
Sabrina197
3/9/2011 9:25pm
Good luck at your races, ladies! kaleebreann, do you go trail riding over in Belfair at all? It's super fun! I've wanted to race for a long time but I need a new bike before I'd feel comfortable racing. I have an DR-Z 250 and it's super heavy, I don't think I'd be able to control it well enough in a race situation. I really want to get an RM-Z 250 but I'm going to school full time in SoCal right now so I really can't afford it. I'll be back in Tacoma the week of Seattle supercross in April and for most of July and August, if either of you are interested in going trail riding let me know! My friend Shannon, who lives in Duvall, might be interested in going riding with you too (she's also raced some, too).
slombardy
3/10/2011 6:21am
When is the Port Angeles race you're going to? And are you talking about this Saturday or the one after this one for Riverdale? And I WISH I had a track to ride on lol, we have to drive an hour to reach anyplace to ride. It sucks. But we have Walker Valley ORV park up north an hour which is all trails and then there is the Oak Harbor track which is in a guys backyard and a pretty good secret. Most days we go there we have the track to ourselves (unless its a beautiful day out of course) and everyone is really friendly. You just put $20 in a box on a tree and ride all day long, the owner is a really cool guy too.

And Sabrina, I live really close to Duvall! Does your friend Shannon have an account on here?
kaleebreann
3/10/2011 8:01am
Sabrina, I have not done any trails yet. We would have to put spark arresters on and have current ORV tags. But we live pretty close to Belfair, and thats a really popular place around here for trails. But it would be fun to go out on the trails.

I just looked at the website and the race is the 19th and 20th, yikes I dont like that. Well if we don't do the race then Riverdale will be next Sat. Austin and I will both be working during the week ugh, wish I could ask not to work so I could ride before the race. Maybe I can talk Austin into going the April 2+3 one Wink . That place sounds pretty cool, never heard of it. Might be worth trying.
kaleebreann
3/10/2011 10:25am
Slombardy, Hey change in plans. The PA race is too close for me, so I will be doing the washougal practice race the 2nd weekend in April. I was thinking we should ride together at Riverdale, practice. and then you should do the practice race with me!! My bf said we can carpool to Riverdale, we have a trailer that can fit 4 bikes, as long as you pitch in with gas.
slombardy
3/10/2011 12:00pm
Omg that would be awesome!! Of course we would pitch in for gas! And yeah I would love to practice at Riverdale and then do the practice race at Washougal with you Smile
kaleebreann
3/10/2011 12:06pm
Sweet!!! I am so excited!! I can also help you get used to your new bike. Alright well I sent a friend request on facebook, and I will keep you updated on the day to go to riverdale. We get Austins work schedule on Saturday, are you available any weekdays just in case?
slombardy
3/10/2011 1:27pm
I'm excited too!! And we only have weekends off right now.
Sabrina197
3/10/2011 4:49pm
Slombardy, I don't think Shannon has a vital account but she's my friend on facebook. If you want to add me, I can shoot her a message to see if she's going to any races soon and would like to meet up with you. Here's my fb: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/sabrizzz197

Oh, and where is that track in Oak Harbor? My parents have property on Whidbey and my dad would probably be interested in checking out that track.

Yeah Kaleebreann, you do need a spark arrestor and orv tabs for trail riding for sure. If you do get those for your bike and decide you want someone to go out to Belfair with, let me know. If I'm not back in Tacoma at the time I can try to hook you up with either my friend Shannon, my dad, or some other people in my motorcycle club (some of them are girls) who ride out at Belfair ALL THE TIME and can show you where all the good trails are. Smile
5/12/2011 2:11am
I think you will really like it. Just be consistent with the throttle, they are more jumpy than a 4 stroke. Well we are going to try and make it to Riverdale next week, and then I have my first race in port angeles in a couple weeks, goin to try and make it.
slombardy
5/12/2011 8:08am
Blueberries, they are quite a bit more jumpy! lol. I'm having trouble with starts for some reason. I just can't get it right. And I need to keep on the throttle a lot more. It's just so different than my old bike and it'll take some time to get used to. I don't get to ride very often because I am so busy with school and work and other things, so that doesn't help either. What do you ride? How long have you been riding?
DirtGirl164
3/14/2012 10:10am
Hey girls! I actually just recently had to quit due to injury, but honestly the best piece of advice that I can offer is to ride with the boys!

Both in BMX racing and MX for me, riding with all of the guys made me faster, stronger, and more aggressive. When I was riding with a ton of girlfriends, I could tell just because I didn't have to work as much. Ride with the boys, and then when you do go into the girls class you'll be able to whoop them. Cool

I can't quite remember where Everett is, but you all should REALLY check out Washougal. Awesome track, and well worth the trip. I did make it up to Belfair once, and it was awesome! High recommended. Good luck girls!

Post a reply to: Looking for other girls who ride!

The Latest