Scottsdale/Fountain Hills Riding

maicoman
11/28/2012 9:19am
I'll take a guess that it's what some people call Dynamite / Pima cross-streets or we use to call Granite mountain, in north Scottsdale. the power-lines there will tingle your hands when you touch your levers.
AZ35
Fantasy
544th
12/15/2012 7:57pm
I think you are correct, it is up in the North Scottsdale/ Rio Verde area. Did not see any houses in the background, so it must be on the Rio Verde side of the mountains. Pretty sure the street wheelie parts were him riding up Pima road.

Have not ridden up there in about 15 years, but that video really makes it look amazing.

I recall a group of us riding those powerlines in the same area back in the mid 80's, it was winter and had just rained but also had some small patches of snow (which is very rare anywhere near Phoenix). So it was freeking cold. We were doing the usual screwing around and racing to pass each other before every big puddle so we could try to splash the other rider. One guy (Tony Gaines) decided at the wrong time to be funny, crested the top of a hill and saw a huge puddle.... Deeper than he thought and ate shit right in the middle. We were laughing our asses off and he had to ride back completely drenched in ice cold water. Good times...
tbgonz
9/4/2015 3:55pm
is that area still open? the only place i've found to ride in phoenix so far (i'm new to the area) is the wildcat staging area. i think i pass this area on my way up there but where do you go to ride?

The Shop

x3no22
2/16/2016 7:21pm
this is wildcat(pima bartlett loop). it is open but you are not allowed to ride by the powerlines anymore.
for desert my fave is pima bartlett and boulders ohv near lake pleasant (near canyon mx), mile marker 11.5 on carefree hwy west.

Post a reply to: Scottsdale/Fountain Hills Riding

The Latest