Moving to AZ!!

drenmaster
Fantasy
1413th
2/9/2016 5:04am Edited Date/Time 3/26/2016 3:54am
So i am leaving Japan and heading to Tucson AZ.. I have been researching the riding out there and have found a few tracks in that area... What are some places i need to check out? I probably won't be riding till July or Aug this year.. But looking forward to it and meeting new people to ride with..

I mostly ride tracks, but i want to get into trail rides and desert stuff if possible. Thanks for any info..
|
x3no22
2/16/2016 11:18am Edited Date/Time 2/16/2016 11:18am
Canyon mx near nw phoenix by lake pleasant is pretty good, but challenging. arizona cycle park in buckeye is great, really far out there but nice vet track and main track. also two great desert offroad spots i recommend are 11.5 mile marker (boulders ohv park) near canyon mx. there is some great desert whoops there and pretty technical stuff farther out in the desert. pima-bartlett loop by bartlett lake is more sand heavy but the views cant be beaten, also there is a small river at the end of the loop which you can relax at.
maicoman
2/16/2016 7:23pm
if your staying in Tucson this will be your best option;

http://www.ridemcmp.com

all the other places mentioned are gonna be close to or over 4 hours of glass time in your truck.

let us know how riding in July or August works out for you.

The Shop

drenmaster
Fantasy
1413th
2/24/2016 3:14am
x3no22 wrote:
Canyon mx near nw phoenix by lake pleasant is pretty good, but challenging. arizona cycle park in buckeye is great, really far out there but nice...
Canyon mx near nw phoenix by lake pleasant is pretty good, but challenging. arizona cycle park in buckeye is great, really far out there but nice vet track and main track. also two great desert offroad spots i recommend are 11.5 mile marker (boulders ohv park) near canyon mx. there is some great desert whoops there and pretty technical stuff farther out in the desert. pima-bartlett loop by bartlett lake is more sand heavy but the views cant be beaten, also there is a small river at the end of the loop which you can relax at.
Thanks for the info i will check these places out when i get some free time. What is required to ride on OHV areas? registration spark arrestors? I have a yz450 but it is a japan spec bike so i don't have a title or anything. Have an EPA letter letting me import it for off road use only. might have to find a new bike haha..
drenmaster
Fantasy
1413th
2/24/2016 3:17am
maicoman wrote:
if your staying in Tucson this will be your best option; http://www.ridemcmp.com all the other places mentioned are gonna be close to or over 4 hours...
if your staying in Tucson this will be your best option;

http://www.ridemcmp.com

all the other places mentioned are gonna be close to or over 4 hours of glass time in your truck.

let us know how riding in July or August works out for you.
Im thinking this will turn into my home track.. hopefully i can find a good group to ride with..

Yea riding in the hot months is gonna suck, but from sunrise until its too hot to ride is my plan for now.. All year riding is going to be a first for me.. well not dealing with any snow that is.
SVT-Cobra
3/25/2016 4:18pm
I live in and ride in Tucson, AZ. The only track in Tucson is MC Motorsports Park. It's a pretty fun layout now and they will be going to night rides pretty soon. I find that local riders are pretty cliquish, maybe that is just because primary group of riders in Tucson is already pretty small. About an hour and a half from MCMP is Motoland in Casa Grande, it's a pretty fun layout for all skill levels and it doesn't really change on you much. An hour from down I-8 is ACP which is a blast. About 45 minutes north of Motoland is ET Motosport Park, it's not open very much. Even farther north is Canyon MX which is excellent. They are open a lot of days in the week and even have night rides. There is a track east of Tucson in Sierra Vista called Nomads MX Club, but there isn't much thought and prep going into that track. I live in NW Tucson, so none of the tracks I've listed aren't much more than 2 hours away, which I have gotten up to drive to ACP early morning at times. I imagine you'll see me at MCMP though as I do ride there a bit! Good luck to ya'!
drenmaster
Fantasy
1413th
3/26/2016 3:54am
SVT-Cobra wrote:
I live in and ride in Tucson, AZ. The only track in Tucson is MC Motorsports Park. It's a pretty fun layout now and they will...
I live in and ride in Tucson, AZ. The only track in Tucson is MC Motorsports Park. It's a pretty fun layout now and they will be going to night rides pretty soon. I find that local riders are pretty cliquish, maybe that is just because primary group of riders in Tucson is already pretty small. About an hour and a half from MCMP is Motoland in Casa Grande, it's a pretty fun layout for all skill levels and it doesn't really change on you much. An hour from down I-8 is ACP which is a blast. About 45 minutes north of Motoland is ET Motosport Park, it's not open very much. Even farther north is Canyon MX which is excellent. They are open a lot of days in the week and even have night rides. There is a track east of Tucson in Sierra Vista called Nomads MX Club, but there isn't much thought and prep going into that track. I live in NW Tucson, so none of the tracks I've listed aren't much more than 2 hours away, which I have gotten up to drive to ACP early morning at times. I imagine you'll see me at MCMP though as I do ride there a bit! Good luck to ya'!
Dude awesome info...yea i have been looking at mcmp alot will definitly be going there often. I am by no means a fast rider. I Just enjoy riding. so hopefully incan find a group to fit in with. Definitly looking forward to it.
AZRider
6/14/2016 3:51pm
Ill post another vote for Motoland. From Tucson, it is a pretty good option and they prep the track well every day they are open.
7/13/2016 11:40am
ACP is the best track out ere in my opinion.
Motoland is dug deep but the jump faces don't get fixed very often.
ET is pretty good.
Canyon is a crap shoot. Once in a while it's good but usually it sucks. It's 15 minutes from my house but I go to ACP instead which is an hour.
I've ever ridden the Tucson tracks so can't really say.
drenmaster
Fantasy
1413th
7/13/2016 12:06pm
I'll have to go check out some of these places. Going to look at the track in tucson this weekend. Unfortunately I'll just be a spectator for a while due to a broken wrist.
7/14/2016 11:10am
ACP turns blue groove gets crusty and lumpy. They try and fix with sand on top in some sections. Prep is usually weak and over watered. A track with real dirt is at your doorstep, MCMP Tucson. ET has good dirt and prep when their open. Canyon can be hit or miss but is pretty rocky. You won't be writing home about AZ tracks. Take a road trip to SoCal.
7/14/2016 10:51pm
RiverockMX wrote:
ACP turns blue groove gets crusty and lumpy. They try and fix with sand on top in some sections. Prep is usually weak and over watered...
ACP turns blue groove gets crusty and lumpy. They try and fix with sand on top in some sections. Prep is usually weak and over watered. A track with real dirt is at your doorstep, MCMP Tucson. ET has good dirt and prep when their open. Canyon can be hit or miss but is pretty rocky. You won't be writing home about AZ tracks. Take a road trip to SoCal.
I disagree about ACP. But you're right.... He def won't be writing home about AZ tracks. I'm in MN on vaca and brought my bikes. Man.. It's so nice to ride real tracks!!!
7/18/2016 11:02am
Yes, real tracks like you'll find in MN! It's the people that haven't ridden anywhere else that have low standards. When you've ridden epic's you lose tolerance for much less.
7/21/2016 9:00pm
RiverockMX wrote:
Yes, real tracks like you'll find in MN! It's the people that haven't ridden anywhere else that have low standards. When you've ridden epic's you lose...
Yes, real tracks like you'll find in MN! It's the people that haven't ridden anywhere else that have low standards. When you've ridden epic's you lose tolerance for much less.
Exactly!!!
FGR01
Fantasy
1334th
8/22/2016 6:01pm
drenmaster wrote:
I'll have to go check out some of these places. Going to look at the track in tucson this weekend. Unfortunately I'll just be a spectator...
I'll have to go check out some of these places. Going to look at the track in tucson this weekend. Unfortunately I'll just be a spectator for a while due to a broken wrist.
Sent you a PM.

Post a reply to: Moving to AZ!!

The Latest