Name and shame of members (reality)

@lips395
Ok guys
Maybe let's just pump the brakes on this situation for a bit.
The Tim Taylor's of the world will always be lurking

1. If you don't feel comfortable don't buy it ,or at very worst use Paypal goods and services
PayPal will always protect the buyer and shaft the seller every time guaranteed
2. Do a bit of research on the site and look into the people you are buying from if you feel comfortable or have done previous transactions pay with friends and family

And most importantly this isn't anyone's actual job so try keep it fun I only know a couple of people on this site but I have had great experiences and love the fact that everyone is sharing the same passion
If you name and shame how long till someone who doesn't really deserve it end up on a list because of a scratch or a mark on a part or they actually had a family issue and didn't respond if you abide by the PayPal rules all of these issues shouldn't arise
I hope other members feel the same way
Matt
|
Bman_145
9/25/2016 6:50pm
I would say I partially agree. Id hate for an innocent to get caught up in this storm. The other side is that when people get scammed, it's the last thing they really want to open up about and share. This allows the con men to keep doing their work and how they take millions from seniors all around the world every year.

While our business on this site is small in comparison, it's still hard earned money and or bikes/parts that are being taken. We shouldnt be afraid to name names if the proof is there. Think about how much could have been prevented if Tim was outed sooner.

I know there are ways to feel out a potential seller to see if they are genuine; safe steps that should be taken with each purchase, but I still would like to know the person Im buying from has a good reputation. Feedback is a great way to show that.
@lips395
9/25/2016 6:59pm
That's what eBay is for
This is not a professional buy swap and sell page
I understand what you are saying but people need to be realistic of what this forum is
Bman_145
9/25/2016 7:26pm
Why cant we strive to make things better with a simple implementation of a feedback system? Even a simple pinned forum would be enough to search out the good sellers.

It may not be a professional site, but what Im in favor for is not something that will change Vital into an Amazon or Ebay. Another hobby I have is Lego, and their buy/sell sites are miles ahead of what we have for MX. Progress is not something to fear but should be embraced. There is no reason to have a transaction be a game of Russian roulette.

For 99%+ transactions things are fine. Hobbyist to Hobbyist, friend to friend, no worries. But there are always bad apples that can ruin it for the rest of us. Word of mouth is the best we have now, let's just make that more visible. And as you said, this is not a professional seller site, so we're not ruining livelihoods here should someone post a 'beware' of a seller.
@lips395
9/25/2016 7:30pm
Bman_145 wrote:
Why cant we strive to make things better with a simple implementation of a feedback system? Even a simple pinned forum would be enough to search...
Why cant we strive to make things better with a simple implementation of a feedback system? Even a simple pinned forum would be enough to search out the good sellers.

It may not be a professional site, but what Im in favor for is not something that will change Vital into an Amazon or Ebay. Another hobby I have is Lego, and their buy/sell sites are miles ahead of what we have for MX. Progress is not something to fear but should be embraced. There is no reason to have a transaction be a game of Russian roulette.

For 99%+ transactions things are fine. Hobbyist to Hobbyist, friend to friend, no worries. But there are always bad apples that can ruin it for the rest of us. Word of mouth is the best we have now, let's just make that more visible. And as you said, this is not a professional seller site, so we're not ruining livelihoods here should someone post a 'beware' of a seller.
I completely respect what you have said and if that is something that can be achieved then I am all for it
When Tim ripped me off I felt like a complete fool if someone has a way of preventing this then I look forward to the change

The Shop

Bman_145
9/25/2016 7:43pm
Im all for open dialogue on these issues and ideas. Im sorry Tim got you too. Ive been scammed as well, though not by him.

I just want this forum to be a good place for honest people.
imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
9/25/2016 9:48pm
Have made several buys from Vital. Some cheap parts and some nice bikes. Each of which I trusted the moto brotherhood with each and paid via PayPal using friends and family. But you bet you ass I did my own research first. Not a single problem and I will take the time soon to mention the folks I have bought from via Vital.

If you get scammed, it is somewhat your fault. Just cause a few people on Vital says one person is legit, really doesn't mean shit.

We all have to take responsibility for our actions and cowards will always blame others. If your sending any amount of money that you are not financially able to loose, you do not pay using friends and family.

In reality, a seller is more likely to get screwed from a buyer claiming a false lie and being refunded, even after seller shipped the item.
@lips395
9/26/2016 1:46am
imoto34 wrote:
Have made several buys from Vital. Some cheap parts and some nice bikes. Each of which I trusted the moto brotherhood with each and paid via...
Have made several buys from Vital. Some cheap parts and some nice bikes. Each of which I trusted the moto brotherhood with each and paid via PayPal using friends and family. But you bet you ass I did my own research first. Not a single problem and I will take the time soon to mention the folks I have bought from via Vital.

If you get scammed, it is somewhat your fault. Just cause a few people on Vital says one person is legit, really doesn't mean shit.

We all have to take responsibility for our actions and cowards will always blame others. If your sending any amount of money that you are not financially able to loose, you do not pay using friends and family.

In reality, a seller is more likely to get screwed from a buyer claiming a false lie and being refunded, even after seller shipped the item.
Mate you put that perfect I hope everyone reads what you just wrote and take your advice
Good on you
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3711th
9/26/2016 9:04am
imoto34 wrote:
Have made several buys from Vital. Some cheap parts and some nice bikes. Each of which I trusted the moto brotherhood with each and paid via...

Exactly why I will only sell friends and family and if a buyer isnt on with that than that's just too bad they don't get the part. A buyer can burn a seller just as easy.
suzook241
9/26/2016 9:43am
I have bought and sold many items over the years on vital to various members. I to have been very trustworthy of other people with the part descriptions, money etc. I can't think of all the members I have dealt with over the years however all of them were very honest people and fellow moto enthusiasts.

Now since the whole Tim Taylor ordeal came to light, it has made me trigger shy on a few things with dealing with people i don't know personally. I almost was brought into the Tim Taylor ordeal as he as after a few items I had and I was almost talked into sending him certain parts. At the last minute... I kind of had a gut feeling something wasn't right about the guy and quickly backed off and distanced myself from that. In time it turned out to be a good thing I backed away as more people came forward with horror stories of deals gone bad.

I believe most of us here on vital are stand up individuals and have a true passion for the sport otherwise we wouldn't be here day in and day out arguing over things we have no control over and truly taking the term bench racing to a new level!
Tracktor
9/26/2016 10:00am
Nothing but good experiences for me on here. Spent a few grand and sold a few things. That said it has always been with pretty active members which is a perfect litmus test but at least you see some history on which to judge actions.......
9/26/2016 12:19pm
Bman_145 wrote:
Im all for open dialogue on these issues and ideas. Im sorry Tim got you too. Ive been scammed as well, though not by him. I...
Im all for open dialogue on these issues and ideas. Im sorry Tim got you too. Ive been scammed as well, though not by him.

I just want this forum to be a good place for honest people.
Everyone needs to know this guy is awesome to deal with. Pure gentlemen, even refunded me some money as I paid to much for shipping.

Plus he threw in some extra goodies

A+ and 5 gold stars for Bman_145
xr70
9/26/2016 3:52pm
I bought lots stuff on eBay and plenty other forums and newer got f until I purchased set of wheels on here! Guy swear to me that they are in good condition no cracks! When the wheels come to my house and I opened the box and I can all ready see cracks like Grand Canyon on both wheels . I was pist of and send him text message that night,next day he replied and say that I woke up his baby. He end up returning $250 for new rims. By the way the wheels were A60"s with Talon hubs. Originally he sold the wheels with rear sprocket so couple weeks later when I purchase new rims I was going to remove the rear sprocket and start working on the wheels,when I removed the sprocket I can see that the rear hub is total junk, all the sprocket holes were oval and chew up. Now I understand why he sold the wheels with rear sprocket , to cower up the damage! I lost bunch of $ on this deal and learn lesson.
When I posted about this experience with his name on here some of his buddies took his side on this and I was the bad guy for espousing him,why ? I don't know ? So I don't deal with desperadoes any more and just buy new stuff.
PS: this guy still sells stuff on here!
Uncle Tony
9/26/2016 4:57pm Edited Date/Time 9/26/2016 4:58pm
I have had nothing but good sales on vital! Every member that I have dealt with has been great, it's a shame that the doosh bags slime there way in now and then
barkhard696
9/26/2016 5:38pm Edited Date/Time 9/26/2016 5:40pm
I buy and sell here all the time. Almost all experiences have been like dealing with Bman (who 100% rocks, BTW).

As far as I know (and I know a lot about this topic), I got shafted the worst of any of Tim's victims except for possibly Shae. I am working on criminal charges against Tim (he's here in Texas) but it is taking time.

XR70, I have bought 2 bikes, one B Kit suspension and numerous parts from the guy you are referring to. Nothing but perfect experiences. And I mean, flawless. He did refund your money so I'm not sure why your continuing animus is in this thred.

We need to be clear, if someone actively scams this is one thing. Personal disagreements are another.

Just my .02
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3711th
9/26/2016 5:50pm
I buy and sell here all the time. Almost all experiences have been like dealing with Bman (who 100% rocks, BTW). As far as I know...
I buy and sell here all the time. Almost all experiences have been like dealing with Bman (who 100% rocks, BTW).

As far as I know (and I know a lot about this topic), I got shafted the worst of any of Tim's victims except for possibly Shae. I am working on criminal charges against Tim (he's here in Texas) but it is taking time.

XR70, I have bought 2 bikes, one B Kit suspension and numerous parts from the guy you are referring to. Nothing but perfect experiences. And I mean, flawless. He did refund your money so I'm not sure why your continuing animus is in this thred.

We need to be clear, if someone actively scams this is one thing. Personal disagreements are another.

Just my .02
Xr70 is a want something for nothing kind of guy. The merchandise pay paler looking for cash back!
Bman_145
9/26/2016 6:01pm
Thanks for the kind words guys.

I have to agree with Barkhard on this one, I want us all to be aware of the active and outright scammers. Personal disagreements or smaller details about the item not being 100% as described are conversations best left between buyer and seller.
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3711th
9/26/2016 6:11pm
This is why these threads won't work. Some people don't understand the difference between scam and misunderstanding.
xr70
9/26/2016 6:51pm
I buy and sell here all the time. Almost all experiences have been like dealing with Bman (who 100% rocks, BTW). As far as I know...

Just my .02
CrGuy2T wrote:
Xr70 is a want something for nothing kind of guy. The merchandise pay paler looking for cash back!
U are for sure good to have comment on some thing what u don't know nothing , u are member for 10 months on this board and all what u do is trying to sell your overpriced junk here ! U are no asset to enybody on here but just a pathetic loser and desperado with no money. I know type like u very good, selfish hillbilly POS person. Even your mama said that about u when I had her bend over last time .
Bman_145
9/26/2016 7:07pm
These types of insults only hurt the point youre trying to make. Keep to the facts and present your case.

Lets try to keep the civil.

We dont want the whole bazaar to come crashing down because we all turned into name-calling bully kindergartners
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3711th
9/26/2016 7:14pm Edited Date/Time 9/26/2016 7:24pm
xr70 wrote:
U are for sure good to have comment on some thing what u don't know nothing , u are member for 10 months on this board...
U are for sure good to have comment on some thing what u don't know nothing , u are member for 10 months on this board and all what u do is trying to sell your overpriced junk here ! U are no asset to enybody on here but just a pathetic loser and desperado with no money. I know type like u very good, selfish hillbilly POS person. Even your mama said that about u when I had her bend over last time .
Bahahah this is a hobby for me. I really don't need to sell any of it. Just something fun to do. Your feelings got hurt because you are a scammer buyer. That's what you do.! You tried to swindle your way into some money back. Good job. I'm done arguing or whatever. You drug me into all this. I personally could care less about you, your wheels, and all the rest of whatever you have. This is you bringing me into your bullshit. You should have just left me out of your comment. Did I say oh pick xr70 he's a buyer scammer looking for free money? NO, I didn't you targeted me. So get over it and get over those wheels you intonation ally sabotaged to get some free money back. That's what really happen.

@lips395
9/26/2016 7:25pm
How about this
Why not simply start a thread called
"Buyers vs Sellers ratings management"
The buyer or the seller can name the member with a positive or negative rating out of 0-10 however no comments will be aloud to prohibit a sledging match leaving the buyer and seller to communicate privately afterwards so maybe in the future if its resolved the person who left the rating can edit the number if they feel happy with the resolution?
Everyone has to remember this is not eBay and if people make to many waves this bazzar will very easily just be closed down
Please comment your opinions I am more than happy to make a thread on this if members like the idea?
I do know a lot of sellers like to be anonymous so they arnt hounded and I do see this as a issue but no one needs to comment what they are buying or have sold
I would be interested to know opinions on this thanks
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3711th
9/26/2016 7:30pm
@lips395 wrote:
How about this Why not simply start a thread called "Buyers vs Sellers ratings management" The buyer or the seller can name the member with a...
How about this
The buyer or the seller can name the member with a positive or negative rating out of 0-10 however no comments will be aloud to prohibit a sledging match leaving the buyer and seller to communicate privately afterwards so maybe in the future if its resolved the person who left the rating can edit the number if they feel happy with the resolution?
Everyone has to remember this is not eBay and if people make to many waves this bazzar will very easily just be closed down
Please comment your opinions I am more than happy to make a thread on this if members like the idea?
I do know a lot of sellers like to be anonymous so they arnt hounded and I do see this as a issue but no one needs to comment what they are buying or have sold
crguy2t A++++ sells quality factory parts for fun and to help other build cool bikes.
XR70 F+++ for buying parts and trying to make pay pal claims that is not recognized by pay pal so he can get the prices lowered oh and wakes people's babies up!!
Bman_145
9/26/2016 7:59pm
@lips395 wrote:
How about this Why not simply start a thread called "Buyers vs Sellers ratings management" The buyer or the seller can name the member with a...
How about this
I think this is a good idea and a good start to a proper system. I think we'll need a moderator on it, as they can keep a list on the first comment with the full list there and the seller's rating. Aside from that point, Im all for it.
@lips395
9/26/2016 8:03pm Edited Date/Time 9/26/2016 8:04pm
@lips395 wrote:
How about this
Bman_145 wrote:
I think this is a good idea and a good start to a proper system. I think we'll need a moderator on it, as they can...
I think this is a good idea and a good start to a proper system. I think we'll need a moderator on it, as they can keep a list on the first comment with the full list there and the seller's rating. Aside from that point, Im all for it.
Awesome
Let's turn this into a positive thing if more people agree let's do this and move forward
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3711th
9/26/2016 8:07pm Edited Date/Time 9/26/2016 8:08pm
Make the Bazaar great again! There's no way to police scamming. No way to police late night phone calls waking up babies either. Honestly I probably won't post anything else on these threads. It really goes no where. I'm just gonna continue doing what I do. If someone wants to buy or trade with me great. If they do not that great as well.
@lips395
9/26/2016 8:26pm
This is true CrGuy2t
The truth is don't spend money you can't afford to lose
Network through the great people on this site to make your own choices on who to deal with or not
Start a build thread on your bike if your lucky a nice member may come forward to help
Anything else is for your own responsibility fairly simple really
Enjoy
Bman_145
9/26/2016 10:49pm
CrGuy2T wrote:
Make the Bazaar great again! There's no way to police scamming. No way to police late night phone calls waking up babies either. Honestly I probably...
Make the Bazaar great again! There's no way to police scamming. No way to police late night phone calls waking up babies either. Honestly I probably won't post anything else on these threads. It really goes no where. I'm just gonna continue doing what I do. If someone wants to buy or trade with me great. If they do not that great as well.
I hope you dont think anything ive said has been targeted at you. You have been nothing but kind and helpful the few times we have spoken through email.

This, I hope, is for the betterment of everyone on this forum. There are new users everyday who dont have the time or ability to do all this past research to find out who to deal with and who not to.

As I said before, when someone gets scammed, they usually keep it quiet and are afraid to let others know what happened due to feeling like an idiot. I know this first hand. If there is a simple forum to speak up about it, maybe we all become harder targets to take from.

My aim in this whole thing was not to be a cop to transactions, not to have public fights between buyer and seller, but simply to make users aware of legitimate scammers. We need to root them out and give them no place to hide.
Dtat720
9/27/2016 2:39am
If paypal "always" protects the buyer, I wouldnt be out over $12k from paypal customers. Paypal is absolutely horrible and I highly advise not using it at all. When provided with paperwork, emails, and shipping reciepts, they side with buyers. Why? Without buyers using paypal, they have no business. You can have all the sellers in the world on paypal, but it takes a buyer to produce a transaction to generate a sellers fee. Its a great scam. And they admit it and dont care.
barkhard696
9/27/2016 7:28am
It used to be the other way around, esp with eBay. eBay basically made it impossible to file a claim if you got scammed with say fake Chinese knock-offs or parts that bore no reality to the description.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but eBay changed their policy because more people were using other sites with more rigid terms (like Amazon).

If more people refuse to take PP they will be forced to change their policies also.
Tracktor
9/27/2016 9:58am

Just my .02
CrGuy2T wrote:
xr70 wrote:
U are for sure good to have comment on some thing what u don't know nothing , u are member for 10 months on this board...
You are snapping springs on the weirdo scale, Chief. I have bought stuff from Crguy and it was exactly as described and shipped really quickly. BTW, Acting like a 2 year old and throwing temper tantrums like a bitch really doesn't do your case much good. But carry on as it's kind of entertaining...................

Post a reply to: Name and shame of members (reality)

The Latest