I am no longer importing these

HackMan162
1/5/2017 10:46am
HackMan162 wrote:
Hey Blackdiamond, do you communicate with the folks at CMT? If so, can you try to find out what the minimum buy they would need to...
Hey Blackdiamond, do you communicate with the folks at CMT? If so, can you try to find out what the minimum buy they would need to have to do a run of RM 2-stroke tanks? Would be interesting to see if we could get that through Vital's vast reach...
Yes, I typically communicate on a weekly basis, that's actually a cool idea. I will hit them up and see what they say.
Hey BD, were you ever able to ask about a minimum run for RM smoker tank?
blackdiamond
1/5/2017 1:16pm
HackMan162 wrote:
I just sent them another email to follow up
NorcalVet
1/5/2017 4:12pm
HackMan162 wrote:
I just sent them another email to follow up
Add me to that list also ...

blackdiamond
1/9/2017 10:51am
Yes, I typically communicate on a weekly basis, that's actually a cool idea. I will hit them up and see what they say.
Finally hear back from them, 10 tank minimum order.

The Shop

HackMan162
1/9/2017 11:08am
Can you give us a cost, at the 10 tank order? I am guessing we can get 10 from here.
blackdiamond
1/9/2017 1:33pm
HackMan162 wrote:
Can you give us a cost, at the 10 tank order? I am guessing we can get 10 from here.
Let me see what I can negotiate with them on 10 pieces, I would think I can probably get them for around $750 each shipped? Sometimes it's hard to predict what these guys are going to say.

I will get back to you soon.
Jack mehoff
1/9/2017 11:15pm
HackMan162 wrote:
Hey Blackdiamond, do you communicate with the folks at CMT? If so, can you try to find out what the minimum buy they would need to...
Hey Blackdiamond, do you communicate with the folks at CMT? If so, can you try to find out what the minimum buy they would need to have to do a run of RM 2-stroke tanks? Would be interesting to see if we could get that through Vital's vast reach...
I third the RM carbon tank with new style shrouds would be awesome
HackMan162
1/10/2017 10:21am
Yes, BD, please ask if they could do it with the current RMZ shrouds. Once you know cost, we will get the ten together I would think.

blackdiamond
1/10/2017 10:41am
HackMan162 wrote:
Yes, BD, please ask if they could do it with the current RMZ shrouds. Once you know cost, we will get the ten together I would...
Yes, BD, please ask if they could do it with the current RMZ shrouds. Once you know cost, we will get the ten together I would think.

Cost will be $775 including shipping to you. The tanks will use the OEM shrouds

Personally I think the RM250 looks fine and I wouldn't change the shrouds anyway. The RM250 was a great looking bike, I still love the rear fender design.
HackMan162
1/10/2017 11:30am
Agree about the styling and the shrouds do look fine OEM. The difference being that the RMZ shrouds cover the tank, for wear purposes.

I am assuming the tanks would include the flush mount caps? I have seen both billet and carbon caps. Is that an option, or ???

I'll start a separate thread for RM 2-stroke owners to see if we can get the buy-in.
1/10/2017 11:51am
HackMan162 wrote:
Agree about the styling and the shrouds do look fine OEM. The difference being that the RMZ shrouds cover the tank, for wear purposes. I am...
Agree about the styling and the shrouds do look fine OEM. The difference being that the RMZ shrouds cover the tank, for wear purposes.

I am assuming the tanks would include the flush mount caps? I have seen both billet and carbon caps. Is that an option, or ???

I'll start a separate thread for RM 2-stroke owners to see if we can get the buy-in.
I want in lol
blackdiamond
1/10/2017 12:02pm
HackMan162 wrote:
Agree about the styling and the shrouds do look fine OEM. The difference being that the RMZ shrouds cover the tank, for wear purposes. I am...

Billet caps, no carbon.

We can get blue, red, green and clear anno.
1/15/2017 3:28pm
HackMan162 wrote:

Billet caps, no carbon.

We can get blue, red, green and clear anno.
We got 5 guaranteed buyers. Would cmt be flexible on the number of tanks? Maybe 5 tanks at a slightly higher cost to offset the lower numbers. Preferably a small cost increase lol.
blackdiamond
1/15/2017 6:56pm
The number is flexible, the minimum cost is not. They could do five units but the cost will basically double per unit. The initial tooling and setup is what costs so much.

I would think if you already have 5 in a week surely we can scrape together 5 more?
Slosh 112
1/16/2017 2:18am
We got 5 guaranteed buyers. Would cmt be flexible on the number of tanks? Maybe 5 tanks at a slightly higher cost to offset the lower...
We got 5 guaranteed buyers. Would cmt be flexible on the number of tanks? Maybe 5 tanks at a slightly higher cost to offset the lower numbers. Preferably a small cost increase lol.
Honestly if this would have come up 6 months ago I would have got one with you guys.

Seems to be a bit of trend here with manufacturers not making stuff for RM's. Cant get the new titanium PC pipe, can't get hinson clutch covers or full clutch kits, if you want carbon frame guards, skid plate, and shock guard you have to get them from 3 different companies, one of which takes 3 months to get your parts to you... Seems like every second thing I've wanted for my bike has had to be a group buy or I've had to spend a few days researching to see what parts from other bikes will work.
blackdiamond
2/8/2017 10:24pm
mwilcox349 wrote:
Do you have any Yamaha two stroke tanks in stock? Trying to get one within a week. If you do would you please email me, mjwilcox4490@gmail.com.
I was having a lot of delivery and customs problems so I am no longer importing the CMT product.
HackMan162
2/10/2017 9:56am
I was having a lot of delivery and customs problems so I am no longer importing the CMT product.
Man, just saw this. Can you email me a contact name for a person at CMT? I would really like to try and get this RM tank done.
hackman162 at g mail dot com
blackdiamond
2/10/2017 10:35am
The easiest is to just order from the website. It takes forever to correspond via email.
roofmc79
3/19/2017 6:35am
Blackdiamond do u know if CMT will be coming out will parts for a CR125 (02)
blackdiamond
3/19/2017 10:56am
The only part they currently make for that bike is a fuel tank.

Post a reply to: I am no longer importing these

The Latest