Bell Flex Moto 9 Large $475 shipped

JOSHJ
Edited Date/Time 12/9/2015 5:48pm

Got as a early Christmas present and does not fit. I need a size medium. Pfizer does have one very small chip in the paint but is not noticeable at all

|
j368
12/7/2015 4:22pm
Why don't you just exchange it?
JOSHJ
12/7/2015 5:45pm
j368 wrote:
Why don't you just exchange it?
Wife was dealing with a crappy ebay seller. Individual, not a store and it's been a hassle. Figured I try here to get some of my money back. And it would be nice to help someone out who really needs one
j368
12/7/2015 6:21pm
On the Moto 9 the shell on the medium and large were the same. Only the liner was different. I'm not positive, but it may be the same on the Flex too. Might want to check and just get a medium liner. The cheek pads on my medium are 45mm. I have a medium flex and love it over my Moto 9, much more ventilation.
JOSHJ
12/7/2015 8:19pm
j368 wrote:
On the Moto 9 the shell on the medium and large were the same. Only the liner was different. I'm not positive, but it may be...
On the Moto 9 the shell on the medium and large were the same. Only the liner was different. I'm not positive, but it may be the same on the Flex too. Might want to check and just get a medium liner. The cheek pads on my medium are 45mm. I have a medium flex and love it over my Moto 9, much more ventilation.
Really? I'll look into that then. I actually have one of the UNIT moto 9s that's a medium so ill check. I'll call Bell and see if that's true also.

The Shop

12/8/2015 8:34am
Yea its true. I wear a medium but bought a large and then bought a medium liner so i can have the slimer cheek pads. Plus the medium was out of stock. But the liners different from the flex to the regular moto 9.
JOSHJ
12/8/2015 9:37am
metzler316 wrote:
Should have just bought mine in the first place Wink
Not sure if I should even engage here, but damn it, you me into it. Take in to acount, Im not being a dick here.

I tried, and from what I can tell in all of you posts that you put your helmet in, a lot of others have too. You are in a unique position. You work for motosport...some may argue the fact of that being their particular dream job. You should be willing work with people more since you get FREE gear to test, or whatever it is you do. (If Im wrong about the free part, Im sure at a SUBSTANTIAL discount, like cost...) I am like the majority of people here. I work hard at a 9-5 for my money and try to afford the things that are going to protect me the most. So I try and cut corners where I can. Being that going through Vital, Ebay, Craigslist, etc to save a few hundred. Consider giving back more and quit being greedy.
metzler316
12/8/2015 9:54am
metzler316 wrote:
Should have just bought mine in the first place Wink
JOSHJ wrote:
Not sure if I should even engage here, but damn it, you me into it. Take in to acount, Im not being a dick here. I...
Not sure if I should even engage here, but damn it, you me into it. Take in to acount, Im not being a dick here.

I tried, and from what I can tell in all of you posts that you put your helmet in, a lot of others have too. You are in a unique position. You work for motosport...some may argue the fact of that being their particular dream job. You should be willing work with people more since you get FREE gear to test, or whatever it is you do. (If Im wrong about the free part, Im sure at a SUBSTANTIAL discount, like cost...) I am like the majority of people here. I work hard at a 9-5 for my money and try to afford the things that are going to protect me the most. So I try and cut corners where I can. Being that going through Vital, Ebay, Craigslist, etc to save a few hundred. Consider giving back more and quit being greedy.
Well I do work for MotoSport but I will tell you our discount isn't that great and we don't get free gear!! I had to buy it! People did try but $250 - $300 for a helmet that's $650 brand new is crazy!! I paid more so I am not going to lose money cuz someone is low ballin me cuz they think I got it for free!! Guess I am greedy cuz I work 9-5 also but have 3 kids to feed too!! My bad for wanting to get my money back on the hottest helmet out right now!!
j368
12/8/2015 4:26pm Edited Date/Time 12/9/2015 3:19am
JOSHJ wrote:
Not sure if I should even engage here, but damn it, you me into it. Take in to acount, Im not being a dick here. I...

If you can't get the liner changed out, and you decide you want another one let me know. I'll get one for you at my cost + tax I have to pay. UPS freight is less than $20.

JOSHJ
12/9/2015 5:08am
Yea its true. I wear a medium but bought a large and then bought a medium liner so i can have the slimer cheek pads. Plus...
Yea its true. I wear a medium but bought a large and then bought a medium liner so i can have the slimer cheek pads. Plus the medium was out of stock. But the liners different from the flex to the regular moto 9.
Actually, the moto 9 does fit. I appreciate all the help fellas. If the liner inserts aren't exact from the Moto9 to the Moto9 Flex, they are close enough. Snapped right in and the cheek pads did as well. Now Im just gonna wrap this thing and be done. I love this helmet though. Thanks again guys.
buggz
12/9/2015 5:05pm
Yea its true. I wear a medium but bought a large and then bought a medium liner so i can have the slimer cheek pads. Plus...
JOSHJ wrote:
Actually, the moto 9 does fit. I appreciate all the help fellas. If the liner inserts aren't exact from the Moto9 to the Moto9 Flex, they...
Actually, the moto 9 does fit. I appreciate all the help fellas. If the liner inserts aren't exact from the Moto9 to the Moto9 Flex, they are close enough. Snapped right in and the cheek pads did as well. Now Im just gonna wrap this thing and be done. I love this helmet though. Thanks again guys.
Post a Pic of the wrap when you get it
KTMShane699
12/9/2015 5:48pm
JOSHJ wrote:

Just because someone works at a shop, doesn't mean that they should give "back more and quit being greedy." Working in a shop is how they pay their bills. Do shop employees usually get a discount? They sure do. The amount varies. A lot of products (especially higher dollar ones) have significantly less profit margin built into them. I can assure you that reps are not coming by the shops and dropping off products to test. Would you like to know how an employee gets to test a product? They pay for it, just like anyone else does. The discount in the powersports industry isn't any different than a discount on goods or services in another field of work. That doesn't mean the person selling an item should be obligated to sell it anything other than a fair market value. And I'll just add the discount is usually to make up for the fact that most shops don't pay that well to begin with. An employee at a shop isn't exactly pulling down a big income. What makes your struggle to pay the bills and buy what you want any different from theirs?

I'm glad you were able to work out the issue with your lid. But this post of yours couldn't have been more off target.

Shane

Post a reply to: Bell Flex Moto 9 Large $475 shipped

The Latest