yz250 clutch cable help

Related:
Create New Tag

10/23/2017 9:11 AM

I just installed a new clutch cable, and now my clutch won't fully (engage/disengage?). When i click into first it will just die. I had to adjust the perch and cable all the way out just to get it to engage. has new plates with one ride on them and was working perfect before i put the new cable on? when you have the clutch pulled in the bike still wants to creep.

|

10/24/2017 11:14 AM

Most clutch cable have at least 2 adjusters. One on the lever and one inline in the cable. Some also have an adjuster at the clutch lever. Between these adjusters you should be able to get ample adjustment for the clutch to work.
One question.....How long did the bike set before the new clutch cable get installed. If it was a while than the clutch plates may be stuck together.

Paw Paw

|

10/26/2017 9:35 AM

Big Tex27 wrote:

I just installed a new clutch cable, and now my clutch won't fully (engage/disengage?). When i click into first it will just die. I had to adjust the perch and cable all the way out just to get it to engage. has new plates with one ride on them and was working perfect before i put the new cable on? when you have the clutch pulled in the bike still wants to creep.

Are the perch and cable OEM? Agree with all of what Paw Paw said.
Sometimes aftermarket lever and perch combos require some radical cable adjustment, and the previous owner might have done something crazy to get adjustment in the cable, like install a non-OEM cable or a spacer.
How is the lever play? Too much?

|

KTM250SX YZ125 YZ85 PW80 ZX6 FZX700