yz250/250f triple clamps SSS conversion

Related:
Create New Tag

3/4/2018 7:30 PM

Ok, so I have an 05 yz250. It has SSS fork conversion which appear to be from anywhere from 2008-2014 (Guy I bought it from somehow doesn't know). I say this because it has the smaller diameter axle holes and they have the black bands on the bottom of the upper tube, which goes from 08-14 on the yz250 and 08-10 on the 250f. Is there anyway I can tell what bike/year they're from? Trying to buy triple clamps but not sure what to order..

|

3/4/2018 8:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/4/2018 9:47 PM

09 250f triple clamps will work.. but needs you stock stem pressed into them, that's what my buddy had on his SSS conversion on his 05 yz 250... I’m not sure which years 09 falls on between but they work

|

3/5/2018 2:15 AM

Any clamp from any Yamaha from 06-13 will work. If you don’t get 250 2t clamps, you will have to press out the old stem and put it in the new clamps.

14+ changed to a smaller outside diameter on the upper clamps I believe, so you can’t use then.

|

If you're not mixing gas, you're not haulin ass.

3/5/2018 4:07 AM

I have a mint set of 07 yz250f clamps.... 150.00 plus shipping

|

3/5/2018 4:25 AM

sandman768 wrote:

I have a mint set of 07 yz250f clamps.... 150.00 plus shipping

Stock? Looking to change the offset.

|

3/5/2018 4:30 AM

Post a picture of the fork guards

|

3/5/2018 5:02 AM

ChrisB477 wrote:

Stock? Looking to change the offset.

Yes, stock...

|

3/5/2018 5:37 AM

sandman768 wrote:

I have a mint set of 07 yz250f clamps.... 150.00 plus shipping

ChrisB477 wrote:

Stock? Looking to change the offset.

sandman768 wrote:

Yes, stock...

Sorry man, looking for different offset.

|

3/5/2018 5:38 AM

aedwards07 wrote:

Post a picture of the fork guards

Just the guards in general or the bolt alignment? Pretty sure they're aftermarket because they're black. But I can when I can get home.

|

3/5/2018 8:25 AM

You most likely need clamps with a 56mm diameter top clamp and a long stem assuming your SSS forks didn't come off one of the newer bikes that have a 54mm diameter top clamp. Regardless, you need the long stem.

So:

YZ250 06-14 and YZF450 06-07 will bolt right up

and

YZ125 06-14, YZF250 06-11 and YZF450 08-09 will fit the forks, but need the stem swapped.

|

Billy Wight
Luxon MX
@LuxonMX
https://luxonmx.com
Motocross Components Engineered for Performance

3/5/2018 8:29 AM

Luxon MX wrote:

You most likely need clamps with a 56mm diameter top clamp and a long stem assuming your SSS forks didn't come off one of the ...more

Didn’t even link a set of your sweet clamps? Come on now!

OP, the four strokes have a different offset of 22mm I believe.

|

If you're not mixing gas, you're not haulin ass.

3/5/2018 8:40 AM

TrailDigger wrote:

Didn’t even link a set of your sweet clamps? Come on now!

OP, the four strokes have a different offset of 22mm I believe.

cool Well we do have a set of 22mm in Blue that will bolt right up... A couple weeks till we have grey ones ready.

Regarding stock clamps, the 22mm offset came out when they switched to 54mm top clamps, so if you find stock ones that fit they'll be 25mm offset.
|

Billy Wight
Luxon MX
@LuxonMX
https://luxonmx.com
Motocross Components Engineered for Performance

3/5/2018 12:30 PM

The triple clamps are just a hair wider than the 2005 so your axel will not be flush on the right side. Has no effect but be aware.

|

3/5/2018 1:32 PM

Moto520 wrote:

The triple clamps are just a hair wider than the 2005 so your axel will not be flush on the right side. Has no effect but be ...more

Not sure where the axle is from on the bike now, but it sticks out a tad on the right side as it is. So maybe with new clamps, that will become flush.

|

3/5/2018 1:43 PM

Moto520 wrote:

The triple clamps are just a hair wider than the 2005 so your axel will not be flush on the right side. Has no effect but be ...more

ChrisB477 wrote:

Not sure where the axle is from on the bike now, but it sticks out a tad on the right side as it is. So maybe with new clamps, ...more

We are talking millimeters...

|

3/5/2018 2:30 PM

Photo

Here's a picture of the bike if anyone cares. Would like to get a 22-23mm offset thrown on soon. Having a hard time fine tuning it for cornering. Thanks everyone for the help.
|

3/5/2018 2:39 PM

aedwards07 wrote:

Post a picture of the fork guards

Photo

Photo

|

3/13/2018 11:20 PM

ChrisB477 wrote: Photo

Here's a picture of the bike if anyone cares. Would like to get a 22-23mm offset thrown on soon. Having a hard time fine ...more

I’ve got a really nice set of 22mm pc clamps that I’ll sell. Came off my YZ250 that I sold. I have a axle I’ll throw in too. Shoot me a email if interested colinclaymoto@gmail.com

|