who runs did vt2 xring chains?

Alec138
looking for actual reviews of the did vt2 chain before i buy it. Im pairing it with renthal sprockets. Going on my 350sxf. I chose the narrow because i heard the normal x/oring chains rub the chain block and guides more. thanks
|
BR8ES
2/5/2019 3:39pm Edited Date/Time 2/5/2019 3:42pm
I do... excellent chain and no clearance issues. What Renthal sprocket? Hope it is at least the Twin Ring.
Alec138
2/5/2019 3:44pm
BR8ES wrote:
I do... excellent chain and no clearance issues. What Renthal sprocket? Hope it is at least the Twin Ring.
aluminum rear i black 50 tooth. i ran the same sprocket on my yz250 woods bike and it was amazing. lasted 75hrs or more.
BR8ES
2/5/2019 3:59pm
for the price I would go Ironman/Dirt Tricks, but glad you have had good luck with the aluminum stuff. The chain is top shelf, buy it!
Turbojez
2/6/2019 3:39am
Yep, plenty of hours on it on my RM 250 and still going strong. Excellent chain.

The Shop

exbmxmx
2/7/2019 10:14am
Excellent chain! I would pair it with a steel or steel/aluminum sprocket to get the most life out of the whole system.

nage0139
Fantasy
16th
2/7/2019 12:18pm
I had one on my 250 I just sold. I think I adjusted the chain once at about 5 hours and didn't touch the adjusters after that. Excellent chain! However, make sure you install the connecting link with the proper tool because I've seen others install it too tightly which causes that link to become stiff which can cause problems.
Alec138
2/7/2019 12:30pm
nage0139 wrote:
I had one on my 250 I just sold. I think I adjusted the chain once at about 5 hours and didn't touch the adjusters after...
I had one on my 250 I just sold. I think I adjusted the chain once at about 5 hours and didn't touch the adjusters after that. Excellent chain! However, make sure you install the connecting link with the proper tool because I've seen others install it too tightly which causes that link to become stiff which can cause problems.
What i wanted. Most expensive chain ive ever bought. Also had good luck out of primary drives xring chains but with ktm’s i hear they will notch and mess up the guides. So i needed a narrow chain. We have a chain breaker and install tool but usually we install the master by hand or use a pair of pliers to just hold the plate to push the clip on if it is way too hard. What other tool are you talking about?
BR8ES
2/7/2019 12:38pm
any tool can over compress the sidplate too by being careless. If you are using pliers, just keep doing what you have been doing.
nage0139
Fantasy
16th
2/7/2019 3:48pm
nage0139 wrote:
I had one on my 250 I just sold. I think I adjusted the chain once at about 5 hours and didn't touch the adjusters after...
Alec138 wrote:
What i wanted. Most expensive chain ive ever bought. Also had good luck out of primary drives xring chains but with ktm’s i hear they will...
What i wanted. Most expensive chain ive ever bought. Also had good luck out of primary drives xring chains but with ktm’s i hear they will notch and mess up the guides. So i needed a narrow chain. We have a chain breaker and install tool but usually we install the master by hand or use a pair of pliers to just hold the plate to push the clip on if it is way too hard. What other tool are you talking about?
I have the motion pro master link press tool. Just make sure to only push the side plate on so you barely get the clip on. Further will make that link stiff. That's all I meant, but yes, keep doing what you are already doing.
BR8ES
2/7/2019 3:59pm
nage0139 wrote:
Alec138 wrote:
What i wanted. Most expensive chain ive ever bought. Also had good luck out of primary drives xring chains but with ktm’s i hear they will...
nage0139 wrote:
I have the motion pro master link press tool. Just make sure to only push the side plate on so you barely get the clip on...
I have the motion pro master link press tool. Just make sure to only push the side plate on so you barely get the clip on. Further will make that link stiff. That's all I meant, but yes, keep doing what you are already doing.
meant the same thing too nage, wasn't picking on you.I have the DID chain tool and use the vise grips/nut technique.
Alec138
2/8/2019 4:19pm
Alec138 wrote:
nage0139 wrote:
I have the motion pro master link press tool. Just make sure to only push the side plate on so you barely get the clip on...
BR8ES wrote:
meant the same thing too nage, wasn't picking on you.I have the DID chain tool and use the vise grips/nut technique.
Welp gotta order another one. My dumbass took 4 instead of 2 links out since my stock chain was 116 and its a 120 chain. I want to slam my head in the garage door. I dont know what i was thinking..... ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️ Hopefully the dealer will have the same chain or better tomorrow.
BR8ES
2/8/2019 8:08pm Edited Date/Time 2/8/2019 8:09pm
nage0139 wrote:
BR8ES wrote:
Alec138 wrote:
Welp gotta order another one. My dumbass took 4 instead of 2 links out since my stock chain was 116 and its a 120 chain. I...
Welp gotta order another one. My dumbass took 4 instead of 2 links out since my stock chain was 116 and its a 120 chain. I want to slam my head in the garage door. I dont know what i was thinking..... ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️ Hopefully the dealer will have the same chain or better tomorrow.
Man... count twice and cut once Alec! Sorry to hear that, but you aren't the only one who has messed up a chain, it happens. I will admit to it and I felt much the same way.

If you can't get the VT2, the VX2 is very close and a very good chain as well, bit cheaper too.
Alec138
2/8/2019 8:12pm
BR8ES wrote:
Alec138 wrote:
Welp gotta order another one. My dumbass took 4 instead of 2 links out since my stock chain was 116 and its a 120 chain. I...
BR8ES wrote:
Man... count twice and cut once Alec! Sorry to hear that, but you aren't the only one who has messed up a chain, it happens. I...
Man... count twice and cut once Alec! Sorry to hear that, but you aren't the only one who has messed up a chain, it happens. I will admit to it and I felt much the same way.

If you can't get the VT2, the VX2 is very close and a very good chain as well, bit cheaper too.
Yeah hoping the KTM dealer has one or something similar tomorrow. Id assume they would carry the “narrow” chains as normal x ring chains rub and ruin chains blocks/guides.
WEAL
2/9/2019 2:18am
get a rivet link and connect your 4 links back to the chain and start all over
Alec138
2/9/2019 2:44pm
WEAL wrote:
get a rivet link and connect your 4 links back to the chain and start all over
I did the 2 master link method and cut 2 off the 4 i originally cut. They also did not have the rivet style just by itself. Guys at the dealer also said they and others have done it before. I dont have a clue what i was thinking when i cut it the 1st time.....

Post a reply to: who runs did vt2 xring chains?

The Latest