who runs did vt2 xring chains?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/5/2019 3:34 PM

looking for actual reviews of the did vt2 chain before i buy it. Im pairing it with renthal sprockets. Going on my 350sxf. I chose the narrow because i heard the normal x/oring chains rub the chain block and guides more. thanks

|

2/5/2019 3:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/5/2019 3:42 PM

I do... excellent chain and no clearance issues. What Renthal sprocket? Hope it is at least the Twin Ring.

|

vomiting equals disqualification.

2/5/2019 3:44 PM

BR8ES wrote:

I do... excellent chain and no clearance issues. What Renthal sprocket? Hope it is at least the Twin Ring.

aluminum rear i black 50 tooth. i ran the same sprocket on my yz250 woods bike and it was amazing. lasted 75hrs or more.

|

2/5/2019 3:59 PM

for the price I would go Ironman/Dirt Tricks, but glad you have had good luck with the aluminum stuff. The chain is top shelf, buy it!

|

vomiting equals disqualification.

2/6/2019 3:39 AM

Yep, plenty of hours on it on my RM 250 and still going strong. Excellent chain.

|

2/7/2019 10:14 AM

Excellent chain! I would pair it with a steel or steel/aluminum sprocket to get the most life out of the whole system.

|

2/7/2019 12:18 PM

I had one on my 250 I just sold. I think I adjusted the chain once at about 5 hours and didn't touch the adjusters after that. Excellent chain! However, make sure you install the connecting link with the proper tool because I've seen others install it too tightly which causes that link to become stiff which can cause problems.

|

2/7/2019 12:30 PM

nage0139 wrote:

I had one on my 250 I just sold. I think I adjusted the chain once at about 5 hours and didn't touch the adjusters after that. Excellent chain! However, make sure you install the connecting link with the proper tool because I've seen others install it too tightly which causes that link to become stiff which can cause problems.

What i wanted. Most expensive chain ive ever bought. Also had good luck out of primary drives xring chains but with ktm’s i hear they will notch and mess up the guides. So i needed a narrow chain. We have a chain breaker and install tool but usually we install the master by hand or use a pair of pliers to just hold the plate to push the clip on if it is way too hard. What other tool are you talking about?

|

2/7/2019 12:38 PM

any tool can over compress the sidplate too by being careless. If you are using pliers, just keep doing what you have been doing.

|

vomiting equals disqualification.

2/7/2019 3:48 PM

nage0139 wrote:

I had one on my 250 I just sold. I think I adjusted the chain once at about 5 hours and didn't touch the adjusters after that. Excellent chain! However, make sure you install the connecting link with the proper tool because I've seen others install it too tightly which causes that link to become stiff which can cause problems.

Alec138 wrote:

What i wanted. Most expensive chain ive ever bought. Also had good luck out of primary drives xring chains but with ktm’s i hear they will notch and mess up the guides. So i needed a narrow chain. We have a chain breaker and install tool but usually we install the master by hand or use a pair of pliers to just hold the plate to push the clip on if it is way too hard. What other tool are you talking about?

I have the motion pro master link press tool. Just make sure to only push the side plate on so you barely get the clip on. Further will make that link stiff. That's all I meant, but yes, keep doing what you are already doing.

|

2/7/2019 3:59 PM

nage0139 wrote:

I had one on my 250 I just sold. I think I adjusted the chain once at about 5 hours and didn't touch the adjusters after that. Excellent chain! However, make sure you install the connecting link with the proper tool because I've seen others install it too tightly which causes that link to become stiff which can cause problems.

Alec138 wrote:

What i wanted. Most expensive chain ive ever bought. Also had good luck out of primary drives xring chains but with ktm’s i hear they will notch and mess up the guides. So i needed a narrow chain. We have a chain breaker and install tool but usually we install the master by hand or use a pair of pliers to just hold the plate to push the clip on if it is way too hard. What other tool are you talking about?

nage0139 wrote:

I have the motion pro master link press tool. Just make sure to only push the side plate on so you barely get the clip on. Further will make that link stiff. That's all I meant, but yes, keep doing what you are already doing.

meant the same thing too nage, wasn't picking on you.I have the DID chain tool and use the vise grips/nut technique.

|

vomiting equals disqualification.

2/8/2019 4:19 PM

Alec138 wrote:

What i wanted. Most expensive chain ive ever bought. Also had good luck out of primary drives xring chains but with ktm’s i hear they will notch and mess up the guides. So i needed a narrow chain. We have a chain breaker and install tool but usually we install the master by hand or use a pair of pliers to just hold the plate to push the clip on if it is way too hard. What other tool are you talking about?

nage0139 wrote:

I have the motion pro master link press tool. Just make sure to only push the side plate on so you barely get the clip on. Further will make that link stiff. That's all I meant, but yes, keep doing what you are already doing.

BR8ES wrote:

meant the same thing too nage, wasn't picking on you.I have the DID chain tool and use the vise grips/nut technique.

Welp gotta order another one. My dumbass took 4 instead of 2 links out since my stock chain was 116 and its a 120 chain. I want to slam my head in the garage door. I dont know what i was thinking..... ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️ Hopefully the dealer will have the same chain or better tomorrow.

|

2/8/2019 8:08 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/8/2019 8:09 PM

nage0139 wrote:

I have the motion pro master link press tool. Just make sure to only push the side plate on so you barely get the clip on. Further will make that link stiff. That's all I meant, but yes, keep doing what you are already doing.

BR8ES wrote:

meant the same thing too nage, wasn't picking on you.I have the DID chain tool and use the vise grips/nut technique.

Alec138 wrote:

Welp gotta order another one. My dumbass took 4 instead of 2 links out since my stock chain was 116 and its a 120 chain. I want to slam my head in the garage door. I dont know what i was thinking..... ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️ Hopefully the dealer will have the same chain or better tomorrow.

Man... count twice and cut once Alec! Sorry to hear that, but you aren't the only one who has messed up a chain, it happens. I will admit to it and I felt much the same way.

If you can't get the VT2, the VX2 is very close and a very good chain as well, bit cheaper too.

|

vomiting equals disqualification.

2/8/2019 8:12 PM

BR8ES wrote:

meant the same thing too nage, wasn't picking on you.I have the DID chain tool and use the vise grips/nut technique.

Alec138 wrote:

Welp gotta order another one. My dumbass took 4 instead of 2 links out since my stock chain was 116 and its a 120 chain. I want to slam my head in the garage door. I dont know what i was thinking..... ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️ Hopefully the dealer will have the same chain or better tomorrow.

BR8ES wrote:

Man... count twice and cut once Alec! Sorry to hear that, but you aren't the only one who has messed up a chain, it happens. I will admit to it and I felt much the same way.

If you can't get the VT2, the VX2 is very close and a very good chain as well, bit cheaper too.

Yeah hoping the KTM dealer has one or something similar tomorrow. Id assume they would carry the “narrow” chains as normal x ring chains rub and ruin chains blocks/guides.

|

2/9/2019 2:18 AM

get a rivet link and connect your 4 links back to the chain and start all over

|

2/9/2019 2:44 PM

WEAL wrote:

get a rivet link and connect your 4 links back to the chain and start all over

I did the 2 master link method and cut 2 off the 4 i originally cut. They also did not have the rivet style just by itself. Guys at the dealer also said they and others have done it before. I dont have a clue what i was thinking when i cut it the 1st time.....

|