twinwalls on yz125 , tighten front bolt first or ?

Mx746
New to me 20 yz125, (I dont have the paper manual yet, but found an online version) it shows Yam upper bar clamps have one longer leg on the forward bolt location, which Yam says to tighten first, which would leave no gap. Twinwall general install instruction show even gap on front and rear bolt locations...any thoughts?
|
Luxon MX
Fantasy
1061st
9/14/2021 5:00pm
Mx746 wrote:
New to me 20 yz125, (I dont have the paper manual yet, but found an online version) it shows Yam upper bar clamps have one longer...
New to me 20 yz125, (I dont have the paper manual yet, but found an online version) it shows Yam upper bar clamps have one longer leg on the forward bolt location, which Yam says to tighten first, which would leave no gap. Twinwall general install instruction show even gap on front and rear bolt locations...any thoughts?
Follow the Yamaha instructions. You should have no gap on one side that you tighten first, and a gap on the other that you tighten next.
Mx746
9/14/2021 5:31pm
Mx746 wrote:
New to me 20 yz125, (I dont have the paper manual yet, but found an online version) it shows Yam upper bar clamps have one longer...
Luxon MX wrote:
Follow the Yamaha instructions. You should have no gap on one side that you tighten first, and a gap on the other that you tighten next.
Excellent thanks very much 👍
murph783
9/14/2021 6:03pm
Yep, regardless of what bar you’re running (assuming it’s oversized and fits the clamps correctly) tighten the front first, then the rear, with the beveled edge facing the rear of the bike.
kb228
9/15/2021 5:35pm
Mx746 wrote:
Luxon MX wrote:
Whats the reasoning behind that?

The Shop

Luxon MX
Fantasy
1061st
9/15/2021 6:27pm
kb228 wrote:
The bottom bar clamp is offset (one side is 1mm taller than the other). Tightening the taller side until it touches creates a consistent 1mm gap on the other side. It's just easier and 100% more consistent than trying to make sure both sides have an equal gap with a clamp that isn't offset on one side. We use the same system on all of our bar mounts.
Moto520
9/15/2021 7:36pm
kb228 wrote:
Luxon MX wrote:
The bottom bar clamp is offset (one side is 1mm taller than the other). Tightening the taller side until it touches creates a consistent 1mm gap...
The bottom bar clamp is offset (one side is 1mm taller than the other). Tightening the taller side until it touches creates a consistent 1mm gap on the other side. It's just easier and 100% more consistent than trying to make sure both sides have an equal gap with a clamp that isn't offset on one side. We use the same system on all of our bar mounts.
Great info……this is the shit I love to read……the little things

Post a reply to: twinwalls on yz125 , tighten front bolt first or ?

The Latest