suspension

Related:
Create New Tag

10/6/2017 6:58 PM

can having low psi in your rear shock spring keep the shock from rebounding all the way?

|

10/6/2017 7:23 PM

How does one add psi to a shock spring?

Is this some kind of technology I havnt heard of yet?

|

10/6/2017 7:27 PM

rmoto003 wrote:

shocks have nitrogen inside of them

|

10/6/2017 7:31 PM

rmoto003 wrote:

Markebo18 wrote:

Ouch. Rekt

|

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

10/6/2017 7:35 PM

Is your shock not extending completely while on the stand? Its not going to fully extend under its own weight. Gunk in the shock, bad shock oil, low nitrogen, or a broken spring or spring retainers are all causes of that. Really if the spring and retainers are in good shape and you have preload on the spring, it should fully extend while on the stand.

|

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

10/6/2017 7:38 PM

Acidreamer wrote:

Is your shock not extending completely while on the stand? Its not going to fully extend under its own weight. Gunk in the shock, bad shock oil, low nitrogen, or a broken spring or spring retainers are all causes of that. Really if the spring and retainers are in good shape and you have preload on the spring, it should fully extend while on the stand.

it doesn't extend all the way under its own weight (on bike stand) and its too soft to be stock suspension

|

10/6/2017 7:39 PM

Acidreamer wrote:

should i just get it fully rebuilt?

|

10/7/2017 4:59 AM

rmoto003 wrote:

Markebo18 wrote:

The spring has nitrogen in it?

Asking for a friend

|

10/7/2017 8:04 AM

Check your linkage when shock is out of bike.

|

Livin' the dream, two wheels at a time!

10/7/2017 9:15 AM

Acidreamer wrote:

Markebo18 wrote:

should i just get it fully rebuilt?

If its just super soft yea id send it in to be repaired. The spring on it should still be stiff enough to extend the swingarm while on the stand.

|

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

10/8/2017 6:46 AM

How much preload do you have on the spring? Soft suspension and not coming back all the way up under its own weight point to a spring that's too loose.

If it has the same problem on the stand, I'd first make sure all your swingarm/linkage/shock bearings are well greased and in good shape.

|