spring it ?

Related:
Create New Tag

4/30/2018 6:28 PM

350 xcf has fc suspension . it was done for gncc/woods. it works so awesome in that area. when I go to mx track it is too soft.i mean like scary soft lol. po was 160 I am 180. would springs work and keep valving? I looked at another set of forks like cv. so far my wallet couldn't find a deal I liked.

|

If I'm healthy enough to complain. I shouldn't be complaining.

5/1/2018 1:10 AM

I believe woods springs and valving are softer so yea youd want to do both

|

5/1/2018 1:26 AM

What springs are in the bike at the moment?

If you can do a spring change yourself then there is no harm in starting there and seeing if a stiffer spring rate improves the bike. You may well be able to use the clickers to do the rest, depending on where they are set at the moment.

You could also add 10-20cc's of oil to the forks to reduce bottoming.

|

@russ_69

5/1/2018 2:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/1/2018 2:47 AM

fork-45 shock-4.3
getting rdy to look at spring calculators this morning and seen your reply. i was hoping maybe springs would do it. checking if someone has done the same thing. didnt want to buy them and still be off because of internals.

just did rt calculator. calls for 47 in both ends. waiting on call back from fc. not sure if the rates would apply once it has been changed/reva;ved.

|

5/1/2018 3:52 AM

Do the springs and the next thicker oil. See how that does for you. Might save a revalve

|

5/1/2018 5:32 AM

Just had to rework a setup for customer, and we did go up a rate for moto. Like stated earlier, you may be close with some oil, and clicker adjustments.

|

Livin' the dream, two wheels at a time!

5/1/2018 2:33 PM

thanks fellas. I'm going to add 5cc and go stiffer on everything until I get some springs. once this thing doesn't blow through or bottom. it might be the best bike I have had.

|

5/1/2018 4:05 PM

Dumb wp newb. Would i add oil to both forks? One is comp one reb. Spring conversion .

|

5/2/2018 2:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/2/2018 2:20 PM

My KTM was set up with lighter springs and valving for 140lb A MXer. I put the stock springs back in it and its working pretty good. But you will need to go stiffer on rebound clickers because the stiffer springs push back harder.

|

5/2/2018 7:13 PM

Springs are always the priority. I'm a fan of more when it comes to rates, if there is a question. Only time I would ever be less, is fork rate in extreme technical trail setting. Good luck !

|

Livin' the dream, two wheels at a time!

5/3/2018 3:15 PM

Think i scored some 49 springs. Both ends for cheap. Guy wasnt using them. Going to put them in this weekend hopefully. Plus 10cc oil. Had a blast on it yesterday. I run out of talent way before it signs off lol.

|