showa A kit certified guy?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/13/2017 1:51 PM

Hey does anyone on here know of a showa suspension guy?i have heard of showa scott but im looking for some help with a showa A kit i got but trying to find a guy u racers have had do stuff and it is good!!!!anyone know?

|

11/13/2017 3:24 PM

Mb1 and Graeme Brough are both in socal

|

Livin' the dream, two wheels at a time!

11/13/2017 4:13 PM

M21racing thanks i will check them out!!!

|

11/13/2017 5:31 PM

Hey bud how do i get hold of Graeme?

|

11/13/2017 5:47 PM

Another vote for mb1. Great suspension set up. Customer service is not the best but I haven't had better suspension.

|

11/13/2017 6:27 PM

motox766 wrote:

Hey bud how do i get hold of Graeme?

Google

http://www.proride.com/smfforum/index.php?topic=78577.0

|

11/13/2017 9:33 PM

motox766 wrote:

Hey does anyone on here know of a showa suspension guy?i have heard of showa scott but im looking for some help with a showa A kit i got but trying to find a guy u racers have had do stuff and it is good!!!!anyone know?

Factory connection.

|

11/15/2017 6:58 AM

Depends if its TRUE showa a kit stuff, or pro circuit a kit stuff. What bike is it for? If its for a kawasaki send it to pro circuit, they kind of make their own a kit with the help of showa, and a shop like factory connection doesnt want to take it in because they have a harder time getting parts. I've been nothing short of super happy with the a kit I had pro circuit set up for me.

|

11/15/2017 8:00 AM

No its legit showa A kit deal.ordered from showa and thats why i want to find a legit guy people trust.i just need the fork springs swapped out and want to find someone that works on this stuff all the time so they have access to the parts.i have seen some stuff done by Graeme and its pretty dang impressive.my buddy i got them from loved the showa stuff but due to some team issues he was told to use the kyb air stuff and didnt care for it.i would have him work on it but he has been too busy lately with sx stuff.....

|

11/15/2017 10:52 AM

dmm698 wrote:

Depends if its TRUE showa a kit stuff, or pro circuit a kit stuff. What bike is it for? If its for a kawasaki send it to pro circuit, they kind of make their own a kit with the help of showa, and a shop like factory connection doesnt want to take it in because they have a harder time getting parts. I've been nothing short of super happy with the a kit I had pro circuit set up for me.

False, fc services A kits.

|

11/15/2017 12:56 PM

dmm698 wrote:

Depends if its TRUE showa a kit stuff, or pro circuit a kit stuff. What bike is it for? If its for a kawasaki send it to pro circuit, they kind of make their own a kit with the help of showa, and a shop like factory connection doesnt want to take it in because they have a harder time getting parts. I've been nothing short of super happy with the a kit I had pro circuit set up for me.

mxb2 wrote:

False, fc services A kits.

Haha, you caught that BS too! I just didn't feel like pointing out the nonsense he was talking.

|

11/15/2017 1:32 PM

Melicar wrote:

Haha, you caught that BS too! I just didn't feel like pointing out the nonsense he was talking.

What bs?

|

11/15/2017 1:54 PM

What bike is it for?

|

IG @jaredkeller96

11/15/2017 2:23 PM

Its now on a rm 250

|

11/15/2017 4:51 PM

mxb2 wrote:

False, fc services A kits.

Melicar wrote:

Haha, you caught that BS too! I just didn't feel like pointing out the nonsense he was talking.

motox766 wrote:

What bs?

That FC won't work on PC kit and can't get parts for them. That's a complete rubbish statement.

|

11/15/2017 5:33 PM

Melicar wrote:

Haha, you caught that BS too! I just didn't feel like pointing out the nonsense he was talking.

motox766 wrote:

What bs?

Melicar wrote:

That FC won't work on PC kit and can't get parts for them. That's a complete rubbish statement.

Exactly

|

11/15/2017 5:35 PM

Photo

|

11/15/2017 5:35 PM

They serviced, set mine up.

|

11/15/2017 6:08 PM

mxb2 wrote:

They serviced, set mine up.

Thats a sick bike bud!!!!

|

11/15/2017 6:14 PM

Photo

|

11/15/2017 6:16 PM

This is 06 rm 250....its completely new and has 2017 rmz 450 front end ...its fun!!

|

11/15/2017 6:30 PM

No it's not bullshit, to an extent.

Yes, all suspension experts can service A kit suspension (whether its from PC, FC, RG3, or straight from the source at SHOWA) including spring swaps, seal replacement, even re-vavle. They also can order the common wear parts that are universal among the Showa suspension kits. I actually have my local small suspension shop (REP in Massachusetts) service and tune my PC Showa A Kit for my Kawi. The principals behind suspension tuning are the same among modern OEM suspensions and true A Kit. Heck, even the components are basically the same now a days.

But when it comes to ordering parts specific to the bike manufacturer (like shock bodies, clevis, fork lugs etc)... Pro Circuit is the exclusive Showa importer for Kawasaki's, Factory Connection for Honda, and if you have a Suzuki you need to go through RG3 to order these proprietary parts.

I've been down this road before. I needed a replacement shock body for my KXF Showa A Kit and have a good relationship with Factory Connection NH, they could not order a Kawasaki clevis. Similarly, they could not order an entirely new custom A Kit for my Kawi. Only Pro Circuit was able to.


|

11/15/2017 6:38 PM

motox766 wrote:

This is 06 rm 250....its completely new and has 2017 rmz 450 front end ...its fun!!

Nice man.

|

11/15/2017 6:39 PM

mxb2 wrote:

They serviced, set mine up.

motox766 wrote:

Thats a sick bike bud!!!!

Thanks motox766

|

11/16/2017 12:49 AM

motox766 wrote: Photo

How did you go about mounting the RMZ clamps?
Did you use an RM steering stem? What have you done for steering stops?
I'll be doing the same mod to my RM this winter so any info would be great!

|

@russ_69

11/16/2017 9:26 AM

RussB wrote:

How did you go about mounting the RMZ clamps?
Did you use an RM steering stem? What have you done for steering stops?
I'll be doing the same mod to my RM this winter so any info would be great!

Are u using rmz forks or the rm forks?rm forks are 1 mm smaller on bottom clamp.top clamp is same.

|

11/16/2017 9:31 AM

motox766 wrote:

Are u using rmz forks or the rm forks?rm forks are 1 mm smaller on bottom clamp.top clamp is same.

RMZ fork and RMZ clamp, with RMZ front wheel and axle etc.
I've bored out stock RM clamps in the past to fit RMZ forks. But want to use RMZ clamps this time so interested to see how others have done it.

|

@russ_69

11/16/2017 10:10 AM

Basically the whole front end of the rmz and press the stem down 7mm out the bottom or machine the rm stem to match collar on rmz stem so it fits snug.....shock bolts up perfectly and front brake bolts right up

|

11/16/2017 10:48 AM

motox766 wrote:

Basically the whole front end of the rmz and press the stem down 7mm out the bottom or machine the rm stem to match collar on rmz stem so it fits snug.....shock bolts up perfectly and front brake bolts right up

Sick bike. How are you handling the steering stop?

|

11/16/2017 2:11 PM

I just left it alone...i just wont make u turns and so far so good bud.just make sure u tighten up the stem nut so the handle bar doesnt flop turn to turn.it doesnt touch anything on mine.i didnt realize it till i was at the track then i noticed.but no prob as of yet.

|