roltella in 125 gear box

Related:
Create New Tag

1/30/2019 8:36 AM

just picked up a 01 rm 125 and was wondering if i should run rotella in there
if so what type

|

Thanks to- Monster energy, Mika metals, DT-1 filters,Factory connection, works connection, factory effex,acerbis,O'Neal,Scott,Hann wheels,Maugra USA, Engine ice,Slick products,Leatt. Yes me sponsors are real.

1/30/2019 9:24 AM

why do you want to use rotella instead of something else like maxima etc?

it seems that many people use rotella without any problems but there isn't any tests for long term wear tests on any trans oil.

|

1/30/2019 10:35 AM

brody wrote:

just picked up a 01 rm 125 and was wondering if i should run rotella in there
if so what type

You want the JASO MA rated Rotella T 15-40. This rating means it is safe to use in a wet clutch transmission. Walmart has it for around $13 a gallon.

As to whether or not this oil has been proven for long term applications gimme a break. This oil is designed for use in heavy equipment and semi trucks. Of course it is proven for long term heavy use. The piddly power of dirt bike is just that, piddly when compared to heavy diesel engines so its not like Rotella can't handle being in transmission with such low power. Lets not forget too that thousands and thousands of motorcyclists have used Rotella oil for millions of miles for everything from dirt to road to street to touring to racing. Yes, of course Rotella is proven to function to work in a motorcycle transmission.

As to why someone would choose Rotella over something like Maxima is because Maxima is $10 a qt and Rotella is $13 a gallon and both have clearly proven to function the same. Go ahead and buy the expensive oil if it makes you feel better. It won't matter one bit so long as the oil gets swapped at regular intervals according to spec, usage, ect.

I speak from experience here as to whether it works or not in the long term for motorcycles. It does. There is no doubt about it. Do the research yourself if you don't want to take my word on this. You will find plenty of information on the web backing all this up.

Photo

|

1/30/2019 10:49 AM

thanks for the help
the price is what got me
20 dollars for a quart of bellray
and 13 for a gallon

|

Thanks to- Monster energy, Mika metals, DT-1 filters,Factory connection, works connection, factory effex,acerbis,O'Neal,Scott,Hann wheels,Maugra USA, Engine ice,Slick products,Leatt. Yes me sponsors are real.

1/30/2019 11:42 AM

It will work just fine.

Paw Paw

|