rm 250 1990 problem

jhribar1
Edited Date/Time 2/25/2020 9:20am
hello

I am fixing 1990 rm 250, i have buy it with the top end off the engine and i need to know if the rod needs to be replaced or problem is somwhere else.
When i put in 5th gear and rotate the back wheel it just rotates half a turn and then it blockes, it is the same if i take off spark plug.
When i try to move the rod when the cylinder is off it doesnt rotate full circle but only half then i cant move it anymore, i notice the cranck is a little rusted but the rod doesnt have any free play front and back.

Is it necessary that i put gasket for cylinder or is it ok if i only put silicone, where could i found a good rebuilt kit ? thanks for help
|
harescrambled
Fantasy
1992nd
2/25/2020 9:20am
You're going to have to buy a gasket. Silicone alone is not adequate. Regarding the crank and rod...if it is rusted you'll have to split the cases and get the crank rebuilt. The plus side to this is you'll be able to find out why it doesn't rotate all the way through. As for parts....best bet is to find an online retailer who will ship to your country. I normally use Rocky Mountain ATV/MC, or Dennis Kirk. Not sure how they are with international orders though. Also there is a really good resource on Facebook...there is a group titled Suzuki RM 2989 - 2992 owners on there...it's very active, and you should be able to get some help there as well. Best of luck!

Post a reply to: rm 250 1990 problem

The Latest