no spark cr250r

tyler 13
Edited Date/Time 5/15/2018 7:37pm
well it’s been a few months and bike running great!! endless power no issues with it. until i one race in september it shut down on me 6 miles in. got it home found broken ground wire to the coil. repair it and no spark still took stator flywheel off and tested it blue and white wire no ohms. got with company sent back old stator and got new one it and bike run great again. they said old one burnt (most likely form broken ground wire.)road it hard two sundays in a row then drove 1,333 miles to a race and made it 4 miles and shut off same as before. pulled bike off track and checked no spark?? wtf . got it home and found same thing no ohms and smells burnt. bought bike with no spark and got new stator road it 5-1/2 months no issue till burnt stator in september and again now same way. i’m two stators in they warranted second one. any idea ??
not running hot and temps aren’t much different then in april when i first raced it
|
Paw Paw
11/1/2017 8:03am
I know you will think this is crazy, but .....
Have you checked your engine mounts?
If they become rusty you are still loosing your ground for the stator and electrical system and thus can cause failure just like the broken ground wire.

Paw Paw
Acidreamer
11/1/2017 9:04am
Im not an electrical expert but is there a chance something is shorting out and causing that part to burn out?
tyler 13
11/1/2017 3:09pm
tyler 13 wrote:
well it’s been a few months and bike running great!! endless power no issues with it. until i one race in september it shut down on...
well it’s been a few months and bike running great!! endless power no issues with it. until i one race in september it shut down on me 6 miles in. got it home found broken ground wire to the coil. repair it and no spark still took stator flywheel off and tested it blue and white wire no ohms. got with company sent back old stator and got new one it and bike run great again. they said old one burnt (most likely form broken ground wire.)road it hard two sundays in a row then drove 1,333 miles to a race and made it 4 miles and shut off same as before. pulled bike off track and checked no spark?? wtf . got it home and found same thing no ohms and smells burnt. bought bike with no spark and got new stator road it 5-1/2 months no issue till burnt stator in september and again now same way. i’m two stators in they warranted second one. any idea ??
not running hot and temps aren’t much different then in april when i first raced it

this is my ground right to frame
Paw Paw
11/1/2017 4:33pm
That is good, but part of your electrical system grounds through the engine to the frame to complete the circuit. If those are dirty or rusted you still don't have a good ground.
By the way that photo shows some work needs to be done to clean the wiring up and weather seal it.

Paw Paw

The Shop

tyler 13
11/1/2017 5:04pm
i see after i took it a bit of bare wire sticking out ground plug. makes sense that the ground would need to complete a circuit through frame. what are the chance the “power” side of coil plug wiggiled while ridding it and lost some of its “juice” and couldn’t send it all to the plug instead it went back to stator? weird idea?
tyler 13
5/15/2018 7:37pm
so i got new stator in and ran it 11/10/17 till race on 5/6/18. got 7 miles in and guess what..... it quit running after running in top 5-7 place and having loads of fun. tried pop stating it right away on the down hill it ran on fuel and air definitely sounded like no spark. pulled to side track and pulled plug check spark nothing tried new plug i had with me same result. towed home and found another (fourth) stator. bike runs great but buns stators up now and agian. anyone with anymore ideas? cdi issue?

Post a reply to: no spark cr250r

The Latest