new ktm suspension

does anyone know will old gen ktm kyb suspension work on my new 2022.5 ktm 450 if i get the right clamps? i know the cone valves have a new part number just not sure if the old stuff will work. Also what is everyones opinion on kyb rear shock vs amx tech national shock
|
Luxon MX
Fantasy
1061st
7/5/2022 9:42am
does anyone know will old gen ktm kyb suspension work on my new 2022.5 ktm 450 if i get the right clamps? i know the cone...
does anyone know will old gen ktm kyb suspension work on my new 2022.5 ktm 450 if i get the right clamps? i know the cone valves have a new part number just not sure if the old stuff will work. Also what is everyones opinion on kyb rear shock vs amx tech national shock
Yes, it the KYB worked on the last gen KTM, it will work on the new gen KTM. Clamp diameters are different than stock, as you know, so you need new clamps with the right diameter.

The KYB shock is, well, just a KYB shock. The MX-Tech National is a works level A-kit style shock. If you're choosing between the two and the pricing is similar, it's a no-brainer to go with the MX-Tech.
7/5/2022 10:31am
does anyone know will old gen ktm kyb suspension work on my new 2022.5 ktm 450 if i get the right clamps? i know the cone...
Luxon MX wrote:
Yes, it the KYB worked on the last gen KTM, it will work on the new gen KTM. Clamp diameters are different than stock, as you...
Yes, it the KYB worked on the last gen KTM, it will work on the new gen KTM. Clamp diameters are different than stock, as you know, so you need new clamps with the right diameter.

The KYB shock is, well, just a KYB shock. The MX-Tech National is a works level A-kit style shock. If you're choosing between the two and the pricing is similar, it's a no-brainer to go with the MX-Tech.
alright yea i was either considering the kyb kit shock or mx tech shock but heard good things about mx tech just was curious as to if i have a kyb kit front end should i do kyb kit shock too or can i use that mx tech national and be fine
Luxon MX
Fantasy
1061st
7/5/2022 11:20am
Luxon MX wrote:
Yes, it the KYB worked on the last gen KTM, it will work on the new gen KTM. Clamp diameters are different than stock, as you...

alright yea i was either considering the kyb kit shock or mx tech shock but heard good things about mx tech just was curious as to...
alright yea i was either considering the kyb kit shock or mx tech shock but heard good things about mx tech just was curious as to if i have a kyb kit front end should i do kyb kit shock too or can i use that mx tech national and be fine
You can mix and match all you want within reason. It's all about valving and spring rates being set up correctly. But if you're looking at the MX-Tech shock, you may as well look at their Blackjack fork too!
DB97
7/5/2022 1:25pm
Old shock won’t fit the new bike. Not sure I’ve seen a Kyb shock yet for the new bikes.

The Shop

Luxon MX
Fantasy
1061st
7/5/2022 1:32pm
DB97 wrote:
Old shock won’t fit the new bike. Not sure I’ve seen a Kyb shock yet for the new bikes.
Correct, I should have been more specific in that the fork from the last gen will fit the new gen, but the shock won't. MX-Tech does have a new shock available for the new gen bikes. Not sure about KYB.
7/5/2022 2:12pm
alright thanks for the help guys appreciate it! probably gonna go with kyb front and rear and just wait for it to come out
ben5020
7/6/2022 1:05pm
I have both front and rear Kyb akit forks and shock for the previous generation bikes and yes the front end will fit but not the rear shock. Personally I would get Kyb inserts and use stock uppers and lowers rather then the Kyb tubes/xtrig triples, they flex too much compared to wp uppers and lowers. As for the Kyb rear shock it is amazing!!! Not sure if/when Kyb will make a new shock body that will fit for the current gen bikes though.

Post a reply to: new ktm suspension

The Latest