hydraulic clutch pulled fully in and bike pulls a bit in gear

Related:
Create New Tag

7/22/2018 4:35 AM

Hey guys,

When i pull in the clutch lever fully and put my bike in gear my bike slowly pulls forwards as if you were getting the clutch to biting point. Its a magura hydraulic clutch that uses mineral oil and my bike is a 04 KTM 125. Any ideas why is my bike doing this? Do i just have to bleed the slave and master cylinder? and is it bad for the bike if i ride with i it like this? Side note: the hydraulic clutch slave gasket is leaking small amounts of transmission oil (not sure if this changes anything) and i also have put 4stroke engine oil in as the transmission oil.

Thanks!

|

7/22/2018 4:53 AM

Sounds like you got a leak or air in the system

|

7/22/2018 6:07 AM

kb228 wrote:

Sounds like you got a leak or air in the system

Yeah that’s what I thought, I’m going to bleed it soon

|

7/23/2018 5:28 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/23/2018 5:34 AM

If bleeding it doesn't work then check everything in the clutch. Warped plates, and basket or hub for notches. Also seen a bent clutch arm on a bike that had taken a heavy fall so maybe have a nose around any linkages, although I guess it will be a hydraulically actuated plunger acting directly on the clutch rod.

|

7/23/2018 6:25 AM

Have you changed the oil brand or weight?
Some oils create clutch drag.

Paw Paw

|

7/26/2018 5:53 AM

Paw Paw 271 wrote:

Have you changed the oil brand or weight?
Some oils create clutch drag.

Paw Paw

Good point, when I changed the oil I think I put a bit extra in..... (same oil as previous though) not sure if this will effect anything though

|

7/26/2018 5:54 AM

Mr Happy wrote:

If bleeding it doesn't work then check everything in the clutch. Warped plates, and basket or hub for notches. Also seen a ...more

Checked the clutch basket, very very small notches however barely enough to see there is an indent.

|

7/26/2018 9:44 AM

Fix the leak then rebleed the system.

If that doesn’t work try new clutch fibers and or I’ve also replaced my pushrod.

|