engine repair/builder recommendations

Arln.rm125
Edited Date/Time 8/21/2021 2:55pm

Hey guys its my first post, was hoping to get some recommendations on someone to fix this damage to the cases. Bought the bike this way, has a fully rebuilt motor with 18hrs on it but it seems someone bent a rod at some point or something. it runs fine this way but I plan on dumping some money into this bike soon so want to fix it. Would also like to get some porting and head work done at the same time, anyone have any recommendations? Was looking at TMR but not sure if he does any repairs or if he's just a builder.
|
8/20/2021 7:50pm
Call TMR and see. I called him and he actually answered the phone and had no problem talking when I knew he was busy. Very good customer service. My last tuner didn’t respond to email or phone so my cylinder is going to tom
Arln.rm125
8/21/2021 7:53am
Call TMR and see. I called him and he actually answered the phone and had no problem talking when I knew he was busy. Very good...
Call TMR and see. I called him and he actually answered the phone and had no problem talking when I knew he was busy. Very good customer service. My last tuner didn’t respond to email or phone so my cylinder is going to tom
Thanks for the response, heard nothing but good things about him. Just kinda wondering his prices?
8/21/2021 8:24am
Call TMR and see. I called him and he actually answered the phone and had no problem talking when I knew he was busy. Very good...
Arln.rm125 wrote:
Thanks for the response, heard nothing but good things about him. Just kinda wondering his prices?
Sent you a PM
FWYT
8/21/2021 2:12pm
This place also has a pretty solid reputation, Not sure if they build motors but it seems like they
can repair/machine anything.

http://trickeng.com/

The Shop

Arln.rm125
8/21/2021 2:54pm
FWYT wrote:
This place also has a pretty solid reputation, Not sure if they build motors but it seems like they

Appreciate it, think I may sent the cases out to him and the head/cyl to tmr for mods
FWYT
8/21/2021 2:58pm
FWYT wrote:

Arln.rm125 wrote:
Appreciate it, think I may sent the cases out to him and the head/cyl to tmr for mods
I'm curious as to what they think about repairing it or just run it.
Arln.rm125
8/21/2021 3:08pm
FWYT wrote:
I'm curious as to what they think about repairing it or just run it.
I’ll definitely keep the thread updated, I’ll call them Monday and see what they think. The motor was fully rebuilt by a pretty reputable local shop with the previous owner and they left it. The way I see it is if I’m going to spend money on motor work I might as well do everything right. I think it may be causing some air turbulence, I have nothing to compare it to but for now the bike feels nice and quick. I plan on dumping some money into this thing though so I don’t wanna leave anything on the table. Am currently trying to decide between full ohlins or a rg3 diamond kit.

Post a reply to: engine repair/builder recommendations

The Latest