cooling issue on Husky FC450

jhouk
Took my son out yesterday to teach him how to ride so there was a lot of idling in place and lots of unsuccessful starts. After about a half hour of this I noticed a leak in one of the small hoses. It was running very hot. Up to now, no problems with the bike with lots of riding. I'm wondering if all the idling and stalling that occurred acted to overheat the bike? (The coolant level was fine before we started.)
|
BR8ES
8/24/2018 7:33am
It was the situation that caused it. What bike was your boy riding?
kb228
8/24/2018 7:35am
Yea if youre just sitting there for more than 5 mins it will likely boil over. Theyre not meant for that. Higher pressure rated radiator cap will help a little. You can always upgrade the water pump too. But at the end of the day you need air flow to resolve it. Maybe theres a company out there that makes radiator fans.
Paw Paw 271
8/24/2018 8:45am
kb228 wrote:
Yea if youre just sitting there for more than 5 mins it will likely boil over. Theyre not meant for that. Higher pressure rated radiator cap...
Yea if youre just sitting there for more than 5 mins it will likely boil over. Theyre not meant for that. Higher pressure rated radiator cap will help a little. You can always upgrade the water pump too. But at the end of the day you need air flow to resolve it. Maybe theres a company out there that makes radiator fans.
X2

If you can get a fan to move air over the radiators it will help some while setting.

Paw Paw

Post a reply to: cooling issue on Husky FC450

The Latest