bar grips to sticky

Related:
Create New Tag

11/26/2017 7:34 PM

does anyone else have problems with their grips being to sticky? i ocasionally get close to a whiskey throttle do to my gloves sticking to the grip to much. I am currently using emig grips on both my bikes.

|

11/27/2017 1:24 AM

I use really tacky ass grips on all of my bikes and literally never have an issue. I guess open your hand more or help the throttle back???

|

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

11/27/2017 7:50 AM

Are you sure your safety wire ends are tucked in? I had a sharp end catching my glove once and it felt the same way.
If it’s your actual grip that’s too sticky, did you get something on it (contact cleaner, gas, etc)? Seems weird that a grip would be that sticky. If none of these are the issue, you might try a firmer compound grip and/or one with different surface (waffle/no waffle etc).

|

11/27/2017 11:00 AM

omalley wrote:

Are you sure your safety wire ends are tucked in? I had a sharp end catching my glove once and it felt the same way.
If it’s your actual grip that’s too sticky, did you get something on it (contact cleaner, gas, etc)? Seems weird that a grip would be that sticky. If none of these are the issue, you might try a firmer compound grip and/or one with different surface (waffle/no waffle etc).

Those grips don't require safety wire, they are the lock on kind.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

11/27/2017 11:12 AM

omalley wrote:

Are you sure your safety wire ends are tucked in? I had a sharp end catching my glove once and it felt the same way.
If it’s your actual grip that’s too sticky, did you get something on it (contact cleaner, gas, etc)? Seems weird that a grip would be that sticky. If none of these are the issue, you might try a firmer compound grip and/or one with different surface (waffle/no waffle etc).

mx317 wrote:

Those grips don't require safety wire, they are the lock on kind.

Thanks, missed that part.

|

11/27/2017 5:49 PM

never put much thought into but i do use power purple degreaser to clean the bike and i spray the grips as well, i will look and see if the degreaser is some how compromising the grip. Acidreamer you may be onto something with my grip as well, i will pay more attention to tha as well, thanks for the input guys.

|

11/28/2017 1:15 PM

Some sprays make rubber tacky, we use wd-40 on our drag cars to clean the tire before we wrap them in tire covers, when you take the cover off the tires are sticky.

|

11/28/2017 1:51 PM

Quit crankin it before you ride

Or wash your hands at least

|

11/28/2017 2:18 PM

cbr1000rr wrote:

never put much thought into but i do use power purple degreaser to clean the bike and i spray the grips as well, i will look and see if the degreaser is some how compromising the grip. Acidreamer you may be onto something with my grip as well, i will pay more attention to tha as well, thanks for the input guys.

Don’t use the purple power on the grips. Ive noticed that does make them more sticky than normal. SOS pads work good without making them tacky. Usually a pressure washer does the grips good enough.

|

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

11/29/2017 9:21 AM

I used the tacky grips in the past. I have since been using the ODI lock on as they are just as soft IMO.

The emig ones are hard on the hands & may be an option if you feel others are sticky.

|