Yzf250 2017 not enough acceleration

I’ve got a 2017 YZF250, bought with very low hours. Had it for about 15 hours now and with it being my first 250 I’ve loved it. But my friend who’s been riding for a while he ago and he said it’s lacking acceleration, and must admit a lot of people are leaving me on straights (also 250f) and I’m sort of wondering if maybe I’m missing a trick.

Could it be my gearing? Could it be that the bikes been mapped before I bought it and the map doesn’t work for me? I’ve also heard nothing good about the air intake cover as it doesn’t allow enough air? Or do I just need to full throttle it in second gear haha.

It struggles clearing jumps right out of corners too, just like I can’t build the speed up by my friend on a 125 can do them. He’s ridden mine and says the same thing, just doesn’t have enough in it to get the speed.

Sorry if this sounds winey I just want a bit of help.
|
pkiczuk
5/30/2019 4:27am
I don't have an answer for this unfortunately, but this isn't whiney at all bro. It's definitely a fair question, and if you have multiple people with experience telling you the thing doesn't have the balls in the acceleration department, then you may not. Good luck, and hopefully some people more experienced than me can get you some ideas!

If I was a guessing man though, I would think it was the mapping like you had said. But not too sure
hogkiller
5/30/2019 9:10am Edited Date/Time 5/30/2019 9:12am
i have a 2015 250f mild mapping it pulls just fine,it just takes away any hit from the power , i have tried 48/49/50 sprockets ,and they all worked in different ways the 48 and 49 would make it hard for jumps right out of corners, you need to keep your speed up like a 125 great for long outdoor tracks with sweeping turns, 50 makes it do jumps out of corners
motox331
5/30/2019 9:21am
Check the mapping and gearing. These bikes like to stay lower to mid rpm and seem to fall off a bit at higher RPM. If you have issues in second, click up to 3rd and roll on the power.
5/30/2019 9:52am
motox331 wrote:
Check the mapping and gearing. These bikes like to stay lower to mid rpm and seem to fall off a bit at higher RPM. If you...
Check the mapping and gearing. These bikes like to stay lower to mid rpm and seem to fall off a bit at higher RPM. If you have issues in second, click up to 3rd and roll on the power.
is there anyway to reset the mapping? or am i going to have to get myself a tuner?

The Shop

motox331
5/30/2019 10:37am
motox331 wrote:
Check the mapping and gearing. These bikes like to stay lower to mid rpm and seem to fall off a bit at higher RPM. If you...
ChrissyDMX wrote:
is there anyway to reset the mapping? or am i going to have to get myself a tuner?
You'll have to buy yourself a power tuner or take it to the dealer.
Wiztardo
5/31/2019 6:26am
I didn't see anything mentioned about a clutch. You're sure it's not a worn clutch? Is the bike revving and power isn't being delivered?
motox331
5/31/2019 7:29am
could very well be a clutch slipping as wiztardo brought up.

Post a reply to: Yzf250 2017 not enough acceleration

The Latest