Yz450f new problem

4/19/2021 5:04pm
After my last problem with my oil being overfilled I brought the bike outside to warm up really well. I was on the throttle pretty good when I noticed coolant coming from my waterpump weeping hole and the even worse.....I noticed something on the other side of the bike. ..a drop of white milky oil come from the valve cover breather hose! Any speculations?😯😯
|
FGR01
Fantasy
1334th
4/19/2021 8:40pm
Leaking head gasket. Getting compression leaking into the water jacket and also coolant into the crankcase (oil galleys, cam chain tunnel. This might explain the overpressure in the crankcase causing oil to push out the breather.
40acres
4/19/2021 9:00pm
I wouldn't make a habit of letting your bike idle on the stand for 15 minutes either.
4/20/2021 3:55am Edited Date/Time 4/20/2021 7:48am
My original problem was keeping the bike running, whennit is cold it will idle longer. I'm referring to ambient temperatures. To keep the bike running I have the idle speed set so its roughly 3 clicks from wide open and even if I go to max I wouldn't say its crazy fast.
As far as water coming out of the waterpump, why would it release there as opposed to the cap overflow?
Could my initial problem where the bike doesn't want to idle be a head gasket problem that gets worse the warmer it gets?
Paw Paw 271
4/20/2021 9:19am
Sounds like a bad water pump seal and or bearing. This will allow water to get into the oil ands create the milky color and the coolant coming from the weep hole.

Paw Paw

The Shop

4/20/2021 9:39am
The oil in the engine never looked like the milky oil that came from the valve cover breather, I will add that it was only a few drops but I had never seen that before.
FGR01
Fantasy
1334th
4/20/2021 10:00am
The oil in the engine never looked like the milky oil that came from the valve cover breather, I will add that it was only a...
The oil in the engine never looked like the milky oil that came from the valve cover breather, I will add that it was only a few drops but I had never seen that before.
It is common for condensation in the valve cover and breather hose to cause an oily/milky mix in there. Especially if you live in an area of high humidity and/or large temp swings.

So, the few drops of milky oil in the breather may be innocuous and unrelated to the leak at the weep hole. The leak at the pump may be a simple seal as Paw paw said. Also, open your rad cap with the bike running and see if you get any bubbles indicating a compression leak from a blown head gasket. You could also do a leak down test.
4/20/2021 10:11am
I will fire it up again this evening and look inside the rad and see what's going on In there. I hope for bubbles as it would help explain why it doesn't stay idling unless you have it idle really high and even that you can't guarantee it will stay running.
4/20/2021 7:11pm
Can anyone tell me if the butterfly should be all the way closed at idle or should there be just a slight opening on the top and bottom of the butterfly? It seems to be idling this evening after gapping and replacing the sparkplug, then I removed the throttle body and cleaned it out including back flushing the injector and the flushing and looking at the spray pattern. Injector looked good. I was able to clean some debris out of the high idle channel. 1st thing I noticed at startup is it idles much higher even with the idle adjustment substantially lower than before I began. 1 problem persists, if I try and crack the throttle from idle it wants to sputter and die. If I just feather it ever so slightly and then crack it seems to rev up great almost as if there is a bad setting or something. I have ohm tested my tps but I don't have a reader for proper adjustment.....sure wish I did!
I pulled the rad cap of and watched the water swerling but not bubbling. I think the leaking from the seals is only a leaking waterpump seal if anything. I didn't notice anything come from my valve cover breather tonight but I did not run it nearly as long on the stand and it is just a little warmer than freezing temps today.
Anyway, if anyone has suggestions as to how the bike is running or throttling up from idle position I'd love to hear it!
Thanks again!

Post a reply to: Yz450f new problem

The Latest