Yz250 brake problem?

Blackjack31
When I sit on the bike and completely pull the front brake lever in, I can still move the tire slightly back and forth. It has a “notching” type feeling. Almost like when your steering stem bearings are bad or front wheel bearings. Both are good. It’s a hard feeling to explain but is this normal? My friend said it may be that my rotor is bad. I got on his brand new yz 250f and it did not do it. Also, I have brand new front brake pads but they are cheap tusk one. My brakes work good, just curious about this issue.
|
Paw Paw 271
1/19/2020 1:00pm
Did you also replace the brake pad pins? If not they may be work. FYI: I don't like Tusk breaks.

Paw Paw
Blackjack31
1/19/2020 1:07pm
Did you also replace the brake pad pins? If not they may be work. FYI: I don't like Tusk breaks.

Paw Paw
Pins? Like the pin that slides through the brake pads? If that’s the part you’re talking about then no. I usually just clean it off and smooth it out with a scotch brite and put a light amount of grease on it. Yeah tusk is probably not the best brand to buy but for $10 they work well.
Paul_Pitzonka
1/19/2020 3:24pm
does the wheel/ hub assy move and not the actual disc in the caliper? If so it’s possible the rivets that allow the disc to float are very worn out...
1/20/2020 12:19am
Sounds like to me you may have a missing washer or something. You should double check everything don’t be afraid to take it all back apart. Not having brakes could cost you your life or you could get really hurt. I would start over if it was me. Use the same parts but thoroughly go through with the manual and make sure you didn’t miss anything

The Shop

1/20/2020 12:20am
Or I mean if it’s your rim and it’s going back and forth something is not tight. Or something is missing. Could be a bad bearing type of deal
1/20/2020 12:23am
Make sure you are using your recommended specs on torque procedures. I follow those to a tee. The brakes shouldn’t have anything to do with your tire play. You shouldn’t have any wiggle with the way your tire sits and there shouldn’t be any type of wiggle you know what I mean. Make sure it’s not a loose bolt or a washer I think
dmm698
1/20/2020 6:22am
sounds to me like a floating rotor, with worn out rivets. The slop is in the rivets - Caliper grabs disc, however hub (and thus the wheel) can still rotate slightly forward/backwards due to the large rivets having a bunch of slop in them.

Post a reply to: Yz250 brake problem?

The Latest