Yz125 wtf cases (dont laugh please)

Related:
Create New Tag

9/23/2018 2:50 PM

sort of funny but at the same time its not funny as its going to ruin my bank account. Took my bike in for a top end... turns out it went bad very quickly. here are some pictures. any idea why there is welding like that?
Either way im going to spend a few month getting it right. and focusing on making it 100% with new cases. Also the bearing just falls right into the seat with no heating or freezing.

Photo
Photo

|

9/23/2018 3:57 PM

LOL dude it literally looks like the old crank bearings wore the holes so bad they could fall in and out. Then when the crank went it blew thru the case and they welded from the outside only lmao.

Good one. Its funny they even tried to repair that

|

9/23/2018 4:15 PM

ChrissyDMX wrote:

sort of funny but at the same time its not funny as its going to ruin my bank account. Took my bike in for a top end... turns ...more

There's welding like that because that bike blew up at some point, and the person who owned it at the time had it welded up and sold it as quick as possible. In other words...you got buggered. Not laughing a bit, since I would never sell a bike in a condition where I wouldn't race it, unless I was selling it as a junk bike. Take your time and look around for replacement cases...EBay is usually pretty good for that....just might take a bit of patience. Best of luck!

|

Many thanks to everyone helping me out this GNCC season: SRT Offroad, Acerbis, FCR Suspension, O'Neal Racing, Evans Waterless Coolants, Rekluse, Twin Air, Braking Brakes, Carbsport

Profile image credit Ken Hill Photography

9/23/2018 4:37 PM

ChrissyDMX wrote:

sort of funny but at the same time its not funny as its going to ruin my bank account. Took my bike in for a top end... turns ...more

harescrambled wrote:

There's welding like that because that bike blew up at some point, and the person who owned it at the time had it welded up ...more

It really, really is bad luck. I can't honestly even say how down I feel simply as I was planning on doing my bike up over winter, new rims etc. Not any more. This is going to set me back some serious money.

|

9/23/2018 8:48 PM

eBay will be your best bet for cases.

|

9/23/2018 9:11 PM

Sorry to hear; sucks when people don't have respect for others angry

When looking for cases, be wary of 2005/2006 assemblies. There was a faulty shift stopper assembly for those years that has since been superseded. The outdated piece had a bearing assembly that would explode and take out transmissions and cases. Best of luck with your build!

|

9/24/2018 3:41 AM

It"s all a big learning process.....the next time you buy a used bike, pull the mag cover & give the fly wheel a tug....if it moves up/down/side to side it needs crank bearings at a minimum and possibly cases. While your at it pull the air filter off & look down the intake boot for dirt/sand....

|

9/24/2018 4:34 AM

sandman768 wrote:

It"s all a big learning process.....the next time you buy a used bike, pull the mag cover & give the fly wheel a tug....if ...more

It was my first bike ever bought, I knew about the filter but I didn't know about the flywheel only until my mechanic showed me it moving a couple of days ago

|

9/24/2018 7:28 AM

Lol at all these replies.

Someone did that on purpose (not very well) as a performance mod.

Have someone remove it that knows what they're doing. You don't need new cases

|

9/24/2018 9:11 AM

williamsmotowerx wrote:

Have someone remove it that ...more

What he said... someone added that piece...rather poorly.. it may be possible to remove it as long as whoever did it didn’t damage the case too bad, and as for your loose main bearing... you can have it machined to accept a larger bearing... however, you can find a descent set of yz125 cases fairly cheap. so on that particular bike it probably won’t be worth the hassle...

|

9/24/2018 9:42 AM

williamsmotowerx wrote:

Out of curiosity, what performance does he stand to gain from that mod? Assuming it’s done properly

|

RPM Performance
CT

9/24/2018 10:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/24/2018 10:43 AM

williamsmotowerx wrote:

murph783 wrote:

Out of curiosity, what performance does he stand to gain from that mod? Assuming it’s done properly

I think they were trying to increase the amount of air charge pushed back through the transfer ports on the downward stroke as well as create a less turbulent area because it covers the crankthrow only... Correct me if I’m wrong? I’m kind of curious to see if they did any port work and how that looks...

|

9/24/2018 10:42 AM

williamsmotowerx wrote:

murph783 wrote:

Paul_Pitzonka wrote:

I think they were trying to increase the amount of air charge pushed back through the transfer ports on the downward stroke as ...more

If by port work you mean where the barrel/where the conrod comes through it's been machines too and filed out. It does seem like someone does know what they're doing but that welding is such a bad job it just makes me wonder what else has been butchered! I'll try and get a picture once it's semi rebuilt to show you.

|

9/24/2018 10:52 AM

ChrissyDMX wrote:

If by port work you mean where the barrel/where the conrod comes through it's been machines too and filed out. It does seem ...more

Take some photos of the cylinder if you can?

|

9/24/2018 11:23 AM

Paul_Pitzonka wrote:

I think they were trying to increase the amount of air charge pushed back through the transfer ports on the downward stroke as ...more

ChrissyDMX wrote:

If by port work you mean where the barrel/where the conrod comes through it's been machines too and filed out. It does seem ...more

Paul_Pitzonka wrote:

The cylinder is nothing special, in fact the cylinder is pretty dead it's scratched and scorn. Photo
Photo

Getting a new one that's been replated so that's not a major issue really

|

9/24/2018 11:29 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/24/2018 11:30 AM

ChrissyDMX wrote:

Paul_Pitzonka wrote:

ChrissyDMX wrote:

The cylinder is nothing special, in fact the cylinder is pretty dead it's scratched and scorn. Photo
Photo

Getting a new one that's ...more

Sorry, I should’ve asked to see a picture of the underside of the cylinder where the transfer ports are... im just curious don’t mind me haha

|

9/24/2018 11:40 AM

Paul_Pitzonka wrote:

ChrissyDMX wrote:

Photo

Getting a new one that's ...more

Paul_Pitzonka wrote:

Sorry, I should’ve asked to see a picture of the underside of the cylinder where the transfer ports are... im just curious don ...more

I don't have one yet I know which bits you mean, it's like it's been welded and then filed down to make some form of smooth entry but it's hard to describe as I'm not sure what it's supposed to look like normally. When it gets built up I'll try and get a picture of what you're asking for

|

9/24/2018 1:14 PM

williamsmotowerx wrote:

murph783 wrote:

Paul_Pitzonka wrote:

Ah yeah that makes sense. I mean I’m just guessing as well but I could see that being the case

|

RPM Performance
CT