Yz125 with loud clutch and lots of fine aluminum in oil after every ride

Prestonb769
Edited Date/Time 11/23/2020 4:45pm
Recently purchased a 12’ Yz125 and after first initial oil change there was lots of aluminum in the oil, and after every ride since i see almost the same amount. My clutch is also starting to get really rattly and loud. Pull the lever in and it completely goes away. But at idle and when riding around you can hear it. Ive heard Yamaha's can have loud clutches but jeez.. does it also just shed aluminum after a 3 hour ride every time? I heard something about a shift stop but mine is a 2012 and i heard that issue was for earlier models? When i move the shifter up and down with my fingers it does slightly cause some internal mechanism to rub.. i heard the trans is all steel though? I checked my clutch basket for wear and notching and each tooth looks fine and the clutch plates are new from Hinson and are installed and torqued properly. Clutch basket does have i guess a “normal” amount of slight side to side play. I would greatly appreciate some advice.
|
Layton
11/24/2020 6:26am
Take it apart and look at it. It only takes a few minutes.

Post a reply to: Yz125 with loud clutch and lots of fine aluminum in oil after every ride

The Latest