Yz125 shock - what years fit

Related:
Create New Tag

9/26/2017 4:16 AM

Hi guys, I'm doing a little yz125 project. When servicing the suspension I found the bearing seat at the bottom is totally worn out and oval.

Looking to find a cheap doner shock on eBay to swap this part fro. but what years fit my 08?

Is it like most parts, down to '05 or is it even longer?

I've found some 02's really cheap that would work if they fit.

Thanks!Photo

|

9/26/2017 4:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/26/2017 11:35 AM

Moderator Please remove one of the threads.

|

9/26/2017 6:27 AM

You can probably save that shock by using a two part epoxy and new bearing. If not though, shocks from 2002 to present will fit your bike.

|

9/26/2017 6:35 AM

hellion wrote:

You can probably save that shock by using a two part epoxy and new bearing. If not though, shocks from 2002 to present will fit your bike.

Thanks, yes I can weld it and machine it as well but I feel it's a bit sketchy in that area and a new (used) shock is not that expensive.

So all the way from 02? Thanks!

|

9/26/2017 7:50 AM

A 2006 and newer shock would be a MUCH better option compared to the 2005 and older shocks.

|

9/26/2017 8:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/26/2017 4:44 PM

shaunbruce827 wrote:

A 2006 and newer shock would be a MUCH better option compared to the 2005 and older shocks.

Yes but I'm looking to use the lower part only from the donor shock and put on my 2008 shock.

|

9/26/2017 9:05 AM

shaunbruce827 wrote:

A 2006 and newer shock would be a MUCH better option compared to the 2005 and older shocks.

Mike_Frisk wrote:

Yes but I'm looking to use the lower part only from the donor shock and put on my 2008 shock.

I've got one, just put it in the for sale section cool

|

9/29/2017 8:38 AM

shaunbruce827 wrote:

A 2006 and newer shock would be a MUCH better option compared to the 2005 and older shocks.

Mike_Frisk wrote:

Yes but I'm looking to use the lower part only from the donor shock and put on my 2008 shock.

RockyRider wrote:

I've got one, just put it in the for sale section cool

I live in Sweden so the shipping would be high smile

|

9/29/2017 9:43 AM

I put a 2003 shock on my 2001 yz125 with zero issues. If you all are saying the '02-on will fit the '08, I would imagine the older shock clevis piece will fit too, (maybe from 1996 or so???) if you find one first/cheaper.

|

9/29/2017 11:02 AM

RyanLester761 wrote:

I put a 2003 shock on my 2001 yz125 with zero issues. If you all are saying the '02-on will fit the '08, I would imagine the older shock clevis piece will fit too, (maybe from 1996 or so???) if you find one first/cheaper.

Yes that's exactly what I'm trying to find out. smile

|