Yz125 leaking a little gear oil at the bottom of the clutch case

Related:
Create New Tag

5/3/2017 9:35 AM

Does anyone know what it could mean if its leaking gear oil from the clutch case? At first the water pump started leaking so i fixed that once i put new gaskets on it and put it back together the clutch cover randomly started leaking could anyone know what that is? And also when i drained the oil coolant came out first then the gear oil second and the gear oil is a grey color the whole motor has been rebuilt and i havent broke it in yet by the way its a 98 yz125 thanks

|

5/3/2017 6:55 PM

Sounds like the water pump impeller seal is bad.

|

5/3/2017 7:49 PM

xnationalwrench wrote:

Sounds like the water pump impeller seal is bad.

You think so? I fixed it and it stopped leaking from there now its leaking a little from the clutch case a little tho not a lot

|

5/3/2017 8:04 PM

You have a bad water pump seal.

|

5/4/2017 3:55 AM

ianhendry46 wrote:

You have a bad water pump seal.

+1

|

5/4/2017 6:07 AM

The clutch cover leak is a bad gasket. If you have coolant in your oil you didnt do the seal correctly. Make sure you rub grease around it and have it face the proper direction.

|

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

5/4/2017 7:30 AM

Acidreamer wrote:

The clutch cover leak is a bad gasket. If you have coolant in your oil you didnt do the seal correctly. Make sure you rub grease around it and have it face the proper direction.

So i didnt put the water pump seals in correctly? I was thinking it was from a bad clutch cover gasket

|