Yz triple clamps

jordon372
Edited Date/Time 8/4/2021 4:04pm
Can anyone help me verify what year yz’s these triple clamps will fit. They’re going up for sale also if anyone is interested. They came extra with a pair of kit forks. All titanium clamp Allen’s but one unfortunately.

|
Luxon MX
Fantasy
1205th
8/4/2021 3:18pm
Looks like they fit modern KYB A-kit and Yamaha 2-stroke forks. Could also fit older Yamaha 4-stroke forks. I can't tell from the photos which bike and year they're for otherwise, it will depend on the steering stem length.
jordon372
8/4/2021 3:35pm
Luxon MX wrote:
Looks like they fit modern KYB A-kit and Yamaha 2-stroke forks. Could also fit older Yamaha 4-stroke forks. I can't tell from the photos which bike...
Looks like they fit modern KYB A-kit and Yamaha 2-stroke forks. Could also fit older Yamaha 4-stroke forks. I can't tell from the photos which bike and year they're for otherwise, it will depend on the steering stem length.
Hey Billy thanks for the reply and info! The length of the stem is about 270mm. There’s probably no way to figure out the offset without mounting them huh?
Luxon MX
Fantasy
1205th
8/4/2021 4:04pm
The Yamaha steering stems come in three lengths: Short, Medium, and Long, 268, 271, and 276 mm long respectively. It doesn't seem like a big difference between each of them, but you can't use the wrong one and just hope it's close enough, as it's not! You can cross reference what fits what on our website:

https://www.luxonmx.com/product-luxon-yamaha-triple-clamps-gen2.html

It's not easy to measure offset, but you can do it with a pair of calipers, a straight edge, and some math. Or put the top clamp on a piece of paper, trace the holes, then measure the paper.

Post a reply to: Yz triple clamps

The Latest