Your input on hoses/ lines wanted

Related:
Create New Tag

10/20/2021 8:28 PM

Backstory: So I work for Redhorse Performance. We make steel braided/ nylon braided hose of all size , billet aluminum AN fittings (also known as jic fittings) npt, and other thread fittings, brake line, etc. any kinda aluminum performance fitting for a race car you could think of.
I grew up racing motocross before I got into cars and racing cars.
Has anyone ever used steel braided or any braided hose for radiators? Or the fuel line? I know some oil coolers use them. Also it’s the preferred material for hydraulic clutch , and brake lines.
If you have used them for cooling system, what was ur setup / how was it done?
And would you be interested in using/trying it?
Durability and quality is pretty obvious compared to silicon or rubber radiator & fuel lines. Plus the aesthetic of a braided hose with anodized hose ends is unbeatable imo.
Any and all input, thoughts, questions or experience is welcomed! Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

Would you use steel braided hose on your bike? (Radiator/fuel lines)

View Results

|

Union Carpenter
2016 Husqvarna FC250

10/20/2021 8:50 PM

I’m not interested in hoses for the ol dirt scooter, but I am very interested for my car. I actually have been looking up hose stuff tonight before you even posted this. Higher end build needs some higher end hoses.

|

2018 KTM 250sx
Instagram CamaroAJ

10/21/2021 6:31 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/21/2021 9:19 PM

For me, on an mx bike, steel braiding poses another spot for mud/other to "grab" and a general cleaning challenge given the accumulation potential. Additionally, since I hit stuff/get hit, I imagine the braiding would get disturbed - kind of like how radiator fins only look new for a short while.

To me, silicone hoses would still rank way above these for dirt applications.

For street bikes, I definitely would consider running them, but I'd want to understand how/why they perform better.

|

Contact me at: VitalMX123@outlook.com

10/30/2021 2:30 PM

SS brake lines have been around forever for better pressure with the hose not expanding under pressure.

SS coolant hoses would add weight so that would not be good. Not like they can just be slid over existing fittings so it would require lots of welding and fabrication to add threaded fittings.

|

11/1/2021 3:56 AM

Sounds heavy.

|

11/1/2021 9:24 AM

I think the standard system works fine. great for brake lines because it gives a different feel but not for engine/ coolant stuff. Look great though....

|