Your favorite brake pads

Rickyisms
Been thinking of switching up. I run EBC Double H right now, but their bite isn't incredible, especially once the pad has worn down a little bit. Have got recommendations on Braking CM46 and Moose M1 pads (Apparently they are made by DP), but looking for recommendations on anything else. Bike is a '16 125SX.
|
davidgrip
6/25/2020 12:32pm
Rickyisms wrote:
Been thinking of switching up. I run EBC Double H right now, but their bite isn't incredible, especially once the pad has worn down a little...
Been thinking of switching up. I run EBC Double H right now, but their bite isn't incredible, especially once the pad has worn down a little bit. Have got recommendations on Braking CM46 and Moose M1 pads (Apparently they are made by DP), but looking for recommendations on anything else. Bike is a '16 125SX.
I run the Braking CM46. Excellent stopping power, and amazing modulation. The durability is a plus.

The Shop

rjg
7/1/2020 3:08pm
DP
not a fan of the feel of EBC on brake pads and clutch plates.
dancolvin633
Fantasy
2236th
7/1/2020 5:47pm
AP racing from MotoStuff is the only brake pads I run. They are incredible
martin12
Fantasy
1245th
7/6/2020 6:09pm
Rickyisms wrote:
Been thinking of switching up. I run EBC Double H right now, but their bite isn't incredible, especially once the pad has worn down a little...
davidgrip wrote:
I run the Braking CM46. Excellent stopping power, and amazing modulation. The durability is a plus.
+1. I also use Braking CM46 with great results.
spimx
7/7/2020 2:35pm
Ebc mxs
FGR01
Fantasy
1222nd
7/7/2020 5:50pm
I’m a Galfer guy.
You gotta be more specific since they make multiple types. I have Galfer rotors and their Kevlar pads on 2 of my bikes. I would describe them as having almost zero "bite". They are very non-aggressive and more "smooth". They also very noticeably get stronger after they get some heat in them. They are great if that's what you're looking for.. smooth and easy to modulate. I've never tried their other offerings. I'd imagine they have metallic/sintered pads which would likely have more initial bite.
harescrambled
Fantasy
1942nd
7/7/2020 7:26pm
FGR01 wrote:
You gotta be more specific since they make multiple types. I have Galfer rotors and their Kevlar pads on 2 of my bikes. I would describe...
You gotta be more specific since they make multiple types. I have Galfer rotors and their Kevlar pads on 2 of my bikes. I would describe them as having almost zero "bite". They are very non-aggressive and more "smooth". They also very noticeably get stronger after they get some heat in them. They are great if that's what you're looking for.. smooth and easy to modulate. I've never tried their other offerings. I'd imagine they have metallic/sintered pads which would likely have more initial bite.
I used to have a Galfer oversize rotor on my old GNCC bike. Made the mistake of running the pads that came with the kit. Roached them out in 3 hours. Front brake was gone after that. Switched to Braking CM46 pads and haven't looked back.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
7/7/2020 9:18pm
I’m a Galfer guy.
FGR01 wrote:
You gotta be more specific since they make multiple types. I have Galfer rotors and their Kevlar pads on 2 of my bikes. I would describe...
That’s correct, sinter will have more bite as the other pads are more of an OEM replacement.

I like the large floating wave rotor as well.

Post a reply to: Your favorite brake pads

The Latest